A timely question for CoachO...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I share Hammer's high praise for Boras. Every day of training camp, the TE unit was the FIRST on the practice field. They went thru their stretching on their own, but Boras was never far away.

When Hammer referred to him being "detail oriented", he would work with each and every TE in the unit on the smallest details in blocking techniques, running routes, hand position, etc. Every day, they would work on the scripted plays to be run that day on the 11 on 11 drills. He would break down footwork, which shoulder to punch, hand height, and virtually every technique for each play. And he did with whether it was Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Corey Harkey right on down to Brad Smelley, one of the practice squad guys.

He's not a screamer like G. Williams, or even Boudreau. But the players respond to him, and he definitely gets his message across. IMO, they could do worse than Rob Boras.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry, my friend, but Mannion is not a good QB. Doesn't even have good tools. I wouldn't draft him.
I know man. But my boy is going to prove you wrong. Says my Beaver homer side.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I share Hammer's high praise for Boras. Every day of training camp, the TE unit was the FIRST on the practice field. They went thru their stretching on their own, but Boras was never far away.

When Hammer referred to him being "detail oriented", he would work with each and every TE in the unit on the smallest details in blocking techniques, running routes, hand position, etc. Every day, they would work on the scripted plays to be run that day on the 11 on 11 drills. He would break down footwork, which shoulder to punch, hand height, and virtually every technique for each play. And he did with whether it was Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Corey Harkey right on down to Brad Smelley, one of the practice squad guys.

He's not a screamer like G. Williams, or even Boudreau. But the players respond to him, and he definitely gets his message across. IMO, they could do worse than Rob Boras.
Thanks Coach. Good to see you around.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Much appreciated.
For most of us, Boras is just a name. His expertise is an unknown.
Other than being our TE coach of course.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
More like Britt's doing.
Why don't you put Britt in charge!?
hudson-aliens-05032011.jpg

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Sign me up for Chud or Boras.

I'll pass on Cignetti and Hackett.
Frank Cignetti, is a very accomplished play caller. He served in the Offensive Coordinator role in various college stops in his career prior to coming to the Rams as the QB Coach. In many ways, he may be a more logical choice than Boras.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Cignetti,_Jr.

"Cignetti was most successful serving as the offensive coordinator at Fresno State for four years from 2002 until 2006. In 2004, Fresno State's offense ranked fifth nationally and seventh in 2005. In 2004 Fresno State became the sixth team in NCAA history to score over 50 points in four consecutive games. The 2004 team also led the Western Athletic Conference in average yards per carry and amassed 65 touchdowns.

Cignetti served as the offensive coordinator for the North Carolina Tar Heels for the 2006 season. When Butch Davis was hired to replace former coach John Bunting at North Carolina, Davis relieved Cignetti of his coaching duties. Cignetti also served as offensive coordinator for the California Golden Bears.[1] Cignetti accepted a position as the offensive coordinator of the University of Pittsburgh football team under head coach Dave Wannstedt on February 18, 2009.[2]

Cignetti also served as quarterbacks coach for the New Orleans Saints and as an offensive assistant with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Frank Cignetti was announced as the Offensive Coordinator for Rutgers University on January 3, 2011.

Frank Cignetti, Jr. was hired by the St. Louis Rams, on February 7, 2012, to be their QB coach."

Also......

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2...netti-marty-mornhinweg-offensive-coordinator/

Options might be starting to dwindle for the vacant offensive coordinator position in Cleveland. Marc Trestman has landed in Baltimore and Kyle Shanahan has reportedly landed in Atlanta. Adam Gase, Greg Olson, Chan Gailey and others have found homes as well. Even Doug Marrone, who walked away from a head coaching position in Buffalo has found a gig as offensive line coach and assistant head coach. Meanwhile Cleveland has moved on to two more options for their offensive coordinator vacancy – Frank Cignetti and Marty Mornhinweg. According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Browns are expected to interview Mornhinweg at the Senior Bowl this week.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was spot on when he said Carr was the best QB last year....
Not my cup of tea but the Hammer would be entertaining if he were on ROD

Well...except that Bridgewater was the best rookie QB.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Your reply is much appreciated, CoachO.

There is simply no other way for Ram fans from coast to coast to get a glimpse into the interplay between coaches and players.

It certainly helps fans like me to be a bit more patient with the process when I get such tidbits that might explain why Fisher is so calm.

Thanks again, man.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Your reply is much appreciated, CoachO.

There is simply no other way for Ram fans from coast to coast to get a glimpse into the interplay between coaches and players.

It certainly helps fans like me to be a bit more patient with the process when I get such tidbits that might explain why Fisher is so calm.

Thanks again, man.

We live in an instant gratification society now. With the media saturation that has become the norm, fans today think things should happen YESTERDAY or its not soon enough. Jeff Fisher has been doing this long enough, and has built a reputation around the league, as being thorough.

Just go back to the beginning of his tenure here, and see the quality of experienced and very well respected coaches he was able to bring here. Mike Wauffle is arguably the best d-line in football. Greg Williams, Chuck Cecil, Frank Bush, Ray Sherman, Paul Boudreau, Dave McGinnis, Rob Boras, John Fassel. Even Schottenheimer was considered a quality experienced coordinator.

Not since the days of Dick Vermiel has the league seen this assembly of coaches on one staff.

Compare that to the staff assembled by Steve Spagnuolo. Had anyone heard of any of his assistants when they got here?

Fisher has instant credibility. I trust that when he makes his decision, it will not be a knee jerk type of thing. Does that mean he always "gets his man"? NO. But he will be comfortable with his choice. And as we saw with Walton, if its not the right fit, he will fix it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fudge....
Yes, you could definitely argue that
but I still think Carr has a better arm right now, whereas maybe Bridgewater isn't as gifted with the deep ball

Carr has a stronger arm. But he isn't a good deep thrower. Not Bridgewater's forte either. But Bridgewater has better presence, poise, and movement in the pocket, better placement overall, and imo is the more mentally adept passer.

I think a lot of Bridgewater. IMO, he's a future top 10 QB...and will be there sooner than later.

Rams0307

Hammer is better at talent evaluation than anyone on this board. It's funny seeing people criticize his evaluations when they can't do better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hammer is better at talent evaluation than anyone on this board. It's funny seeing people criticize his evaluations when they can't do better.

o_O

Hmm.

What's funny is you think that's an acceptable thing to say to the memebrs of this board.

Got any more jokes to tell? Because my patience for this is really thin when it comes to disrespect of our members.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

That's a matter of opinion, look no further than his pre draft assessment of TJ McDonald:D

Just another blowhard in my book (that too being a matter of opinion...mine)