A timely question for CoachO...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Hadn't heard that one before. I like it. (y)

I'm not saying I think that of Hammer, just that I like your expression.

Aw shucks, I stole that from a scene in "The Green Mile";)

Was kind of a bizzare "end of the word" thread (hammers) that went on and on

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
lol. Yeah, not so much. He does his research like a lot of other novices do, but I have personal knowledge of his swings and misses too.
You can still feel the breeze from the swing in certain parts of the world.

We all have those moments my brother. I am still waiting for Stephan Hill and Isaiah Pead to take off!

I am not a fan of piling on to guy that I respect who I have never even seen post here. Again everyone is entitled to their opinion, but unless this person is part of ROD, I can't see why some of the posts are going after him. I'm not even sure why he is being brought up at all, other than one of his posts on another forum.

Alan

Legend
OC--LeftCoast not thinking it through:
Aw shucks, I stole that from a scene in "The Green Mile";)
It's not who invented it, it's whether you use it cause you like it that counts. Thanks for turning mo e on to it. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We all have those moments my brother. I am still waiting for Stephan Hill and Isaiah Pead to take off!

I am not a fan of piling on to guy that I respect who I have never even seen post here. Again everyone is entitled to their opinion, but unless this person is part of ROD, I can't see why some of the posts are going after him. I'm not even sure why he is being brought up at all, other than one of his posts on another forum.
I'm not seeing a lot of that. Just some disagreement with the notion that he's infallible or better than other people on here at evaluating talent. I'd put @DR RAM , @jrry32, @Memphis Ram, @CoachO, @Memento, and quite a few others ahead of him in that department - just based on what I've read over the years. If he's your buddy and all, that's fine. Like I said, there aren't a lot of people tearing him down, but let's not pretend he hasn't brought a lot of that on himself through some of his past comments either. And believe me. If you could viscerally feel what I really thought of him, you'd get an ulcer. I'm not saying any of that stuff either.

I will say, for your edification, that your being a member here makes you a Stepford wife (according to him).
So you got that goin' for ya.
Which is nice.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hammer is an awesome poster. The hatred that some have for him, (is he even a member here), can best be described as poster envy. You can disagree with him all you like, but his thoughts are almost always vetted and supported.

Always nice to hear from Coach O. Happy New Year Sir!
He and CoachO are always the biggest contributors of the camp reports. He always put a lot of time for other posters to enjoy. I love those damn reports.

Hammer doesn't seem to be the type I would enjoy having a few beers with though.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Once again X, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You are right, he brings a lot of it on himself; but as the responses here show, he is good at what he does. When I had the pleasure of talking to this person during training camp, I did hear the "Stepford Wife" quote.

While I disagreed,I figured he was entitled to his opinion too.

This is my place for Rams talk. I made my move away from another site because I like the way ROD does business. We are all going to disagree from time to time, but this forum is respectful.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Ok, I kinda feel the need to chime in here, if for no other reason to give a little different perspective on this whole "Hammer is this or that".......... which seems to be going on in this thread. He was referenced in the OP, about a post he made in the "other forum" and I was asked to comment on his opinion.

I can safely say, that there is no one on any of these forums, that has spent the amount of time I have WITH Hammer throughout the past 4 years at training camp. I consider him a friend. He is the reason I started posting on these sites in the first place, as I had no idea they even existed. When he was having health issues two years ago, he encouraged me to stand in for him and my Camp Reports became something of a calling card of mine.

That being said, I don't always agree with him, and his evaluations. I have never seen anyone who puts in the time he does watching college games, and researching players for his draft reports. I have no desire to do what he does. But like many of those who share that passion, he hits on many of them, and misses on just as many. If he has one major flaw, IMO, and I give him as much of a hard time in person as many do online, its that once he forms an opinion about a player and his draft "value", he rarely if ever, backs off it. There are many players on the current Rams roster he still lives and dies with as saying they just aren't good players, when in fact their careers tell a different story.

We disagree on many things, but what I will never accuse him of, is just spouting off with no foundation for his opinion. While saying we disagree on many things, we seem to agree on more.

Now, with this post, I am guilty as most in this thread, but the fact that the OP was to ask about Rob Boras as a potential candidate for the OC position, and a commentary as to what I have witnessed while watching him at training camp, that this thread somehow has become about Hammer seems to have strayed way off topic.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Ok, I kinda feel the need to chime in here, if for no other reason to give a little different perspective on this whole "Hammer is this or that".......... which seems to be going on in this thread. He was referenced in the OP, about a post he made in the "other forum" and I was asked to comment on his opinion.

I can safely say, that there is no one on any of these forums, that has spent the amount of time I have WITH Hammer throughout the past 4 years at training camp. I consider him a friend. He is the reason I started posting on these sites in the first place, as I had no idea they even existed. When he was having health issues two years ago, he encouraged me to stand in for him and my Camp Reports became something of a calling card of mine.

That being said, I don't always agree with him, and his evaluations. I have never seen anyone who puts in the time he does watching college games, and researching players for his draft reports. I have no desire to do what he does. But like many of those who share that passion, he hits on many of them, and misses on just as many. If he has one major flaw, IMO, and I give him as much of a hard time in person as many do online, its that once he forms an opinion about a player and his draft "value", he rarely if ever, backs off it. There are many players on the current Rams roster he still lives and dies with as saying they just aren't good players, when in fact their careers tell a different story.

We disagree on many things, but what I will never accuse him of, is just spouting off with no foundation for his opinion. While saying we disagree on many things, we seem to agree on more.

Now, with this post, I am guilty as most in this thread, but the fact that the OP was to ask about Rob Boras as a potential candidate for the OC position, and a commentary as to what I have witnessed while watching him at training camp, that this thread somehow has become about Hammer seems to have strayed way off topic.

Really appreciate both you guys!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He and CoachO are always the biggest contributors of the camp reports. He always put a lot of time for other posters to enjoy. I love those damn reports.

Hammer doesn't seem to be the type I would enjoy having a few beers with though.

I don't know the guy but I wouldn't necessarily assume that unless you've met him in real life. Just saying.

Some people are the same way they are in real life as they are on the internet. While others are completely different people.

Take me, for example. On the internet, I'm pretty much a douche. Kind of a knowitall. Seem really intense and argumentative.

In real life? I'm completely the opposite. I guess the internet provides an outlet for the "bad" side of me. Pretty much anyone that knows me would describe me as laid back, kind, humble, and always joking around. I don't really do that much arguing in real life because I rarely ever see the point.

I'm pretty much Dr. Jekyl in real life and Mr. Hyde on the internet. But it works for me...because it creates balance. The dickish behavior comes out on the internet and the kind behavior comes out in real life.

Thank you all for being my outlet. ;)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't know the guy but I wouldn't necessarily assume that unless you've met him in real life. Just saying.

Some people are the same way they are in real life as they are on the internet. While others are completely different people.

Take me, for example. On the internet, I'm pretty much a douche. Kind of a knowitall. Seem really intense and argumentative.

In real life? I'm completely the opposite. I guess the internet provides an outlet for the "bad" side of me. Pretty much anyone that knows me would describe me as laid back, kind, humble, and always joking around. I don't really do that much arguing in real life because I rarely ever see the point.

I'm pretty much Dr. Jekyl in real life and Mr. Hyde on the internet. But it works for me...because it creates balance. The dickish behavior comes out on the internet and the kind behavior comes out in real life.

One of my major issues in the workplace is the email.
Tough guys aren't just for message boards.
Relationships with contractors we work with have diminished with less personal interaction.

I'm a huge believer in getting things done face to face. People seem to respond better when your looking them in the eye.

BTW. Even when we don't agree, I never feel a sense of entitlement coming from you or anyone else on here. You bring a lot of fun info to this place

Diversity is the driving force behind many discussions. With an open mind there's much to learn.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of my major issues in the workplace is the email.
Tough guys aren't just for message boards.
Relationships with contractors we work with have diminished with less personal interaction.

I'm a huge believer in getting things done face to face. People seem to respond better when your looking them in the eye.

BTW. Even when we don't agree, I never feel a sense of entitlement coming from you or anyone else on here. You bring a lot of fun info to this place

Diversity is the driving force behind many discussions. With an open mind there's much to learn.

I tend to be a little more reigned in here...I am worse on other boards...but that's generally because the people on those boards are a lot less civil than the people here.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I tend to be a little more reigned in here...I am worse on other boards...but that's generally because the people on those boards are a lot less civil than the people here.
Yeah, I get it.
Been a victim of that myself.

beej

Rookie
I'm just am what I am where ever I go. I usually try to keep it on the sunnyside. But everybody on this board knows more about football than me. That's why I like it here. I'm soaking off ya'll.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Don't put yourself out. You're a tremendous slouch. ;)

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I feel left out so here's my view on hammer:

I have no freaking idea of who he is and had never heard of him before reading this thread.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 thinking of Jekyll and Hyde:

The same thing often happens when people get behind the wheel of a car. :LOL:

As sometime happens, I disagree with your assessment of yourself. Douche? No. Fellow OCD sufferer? Yes! :eek: :LOL:

beej

Rookie
I like Hammer's reports. I just do the same thing with him that I do with everybody else I know and recognize that he has character flaws (as do I) and ignore them in an effort to get what I want, which is info about players and practices that I would have no access to otherwise. It honestly frustrates me that we don't get reports like CoachO and Hammer put out from newspapers that pay people to cover the team.

I will say I am EXTREMELY grateful for CoachO posting on here.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like Hammer's reports. I just do the same thing with him that I do with everybody else I know and recognize that he has character flaws (as do I) and ignore them in an effort to get what I want, which is info about players and practices that I would have no access to otherwise. It honestly frustrates me that we don't get reports like CoachO and Hammer put out from newspapers that pay people to cover the team.

I will say I am EXTREMELY grateful for CoachO posting on here.
Well said beej. Tis the same for me. I generally take everyone's (on this board) opinions to heart. Sometimes they reinforce opinions of my own, sometimes not. Sometimes it is more interesting to look into the things that I do NOT necessarily agree with, and try to see their POV. That is how you learn IMO. Regardless, there is no flawless way to evaluate and predict how ANY player is going to perform at this level. To be honest, the one thing I have ALWAYS put the most stock in, is the simple eye test (on game tape, not at the combine). Some guys just look like real football players in every thing they do if that makes sense. Marshall Faulk is my shining example of that. Looks chubby in a t-shirt, but look at him on the field. Mama Mia! Second most important for me is intelligence....especially at some key positions. Some positions can get away with less IQ, but in a close race between 2 players, I would always go with the smarter one, haha.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not seeing a lot of that. Just some disagreement with the notion that he's infallible or better than other people on here at evaluating talent. I'd put @DR RAM , @jrry32, @Memphis Ram, @CoachO, @Memento, LA CHAMP46 and quite a few others ahead of him in that department - just based on what I've read over the years.
I'm SERIOUSLY HURT -X-, thought we was boys.....I figured it was an oversight, so I just put myself in there...fixed....;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm SERIOUSLY HURT -X-, thought we was boys.....I figured it was an oversight, so I just put myself in there...fixed....;)
Works for me. I could have gone on for a few more lines, but I was getting tired. lol.