A timely question for CoachO...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
There was a post by thehammer on another board that was most complimentary of coach Boras as observed in multiple training camps, as follows...

And keep in mind, the Rams feel they have a pair of strong in-house candidates in tight ends coach Rob Boras and quarterbacks coach Frank Cignetti. Boras is well-respected at Rams Park, particularly by Fisher, and probably would get the nod over Cignetti if the team stayed in-house to replace Brian Schottenheimer.

been watching ast coaches for decades at practices....long enough to know who is special and IMO Boras is special...love to see him get the job

coacho and myself would stand close to the te's just to watch Boras coach...listening to him he reminded me a little of Martz...a perfectionist...

Me: I'm starting to be more open to the promotion of coach Boras.

Hell, maybe an excellent OC is sitting there right under our nose. Lol.

So CoachO, assuming you are reading this board at this time of year, I would greatly appreciate hearing any and all thoughts you may have on this subject.

All other poster opinions are much appreciated, of course.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hmm...a perfectionist? The TE position seems to have a lot of drops on this Rams team.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Interesting. If Boras really has that type of attitude, I'd be fine with that. Schotty seemed a lot more relaxed. We could use someone more like Gregg Williams who's going to hold their side of the ball accountable.

One thing I just recently realized is that Jared Cook had a pretty good year run blocking. He honestly was one of the better blocking TEs in the league and put real effort in. Boras obviously had a huge role in that, and if he can get that out of his players, I'm all for it. He completely turned Quick around.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Interesting. If Boras really has that type of attitude, I'd be fine with that. Schotty seemed a lot more relaxed. We could use someone more like Gregg Williams who's going to hold their side of the ball accountable.

One thing I just recently realized is that Jared Cook had a pretty good year run blocking. He honestly was one of the better blocking TEs in the league and put real effort in. Boras obviously had a huge role in that, and if he can get that out of his players, I'm all for it. He completely turned Quick around.
Whoa there partner! He was noticeably much, much improved...one of the best in the league? Ehh, think you're getting a little ahead of yourself.

I'd like to learn more about Boras...I think he is a very real candidate.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

He definitely improved in that area, and he certainly made more effort. Nice to see.

As for Boras, I'm fine with him if we don't get Chud. There will be plenty of continuity and familiarity with the players we already have. And while he has never been an OC before, at least as far as I know, neither had Martz ... and he worked out ok. ;)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Whoa there partner! He was noticeably much, much improved...one of the best in the league? Ehh, think you're getting a little ahead of yourself.

I'd like to learn more about Boras...I think he is a very real candidate.

Not one of the best, I never said that, but one of the better blockers. Above average for sure.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Have to disagree with you on that.

Meh, then we have to disagree, because I don't have means to prove it to you, and I don't have PFF grades or anything. I have this little snippet for what it's worth.

Tight End: Jared Cook (STL)

With the NFC West lacking a worthy pass-catching tight end performance in 2014, Cook’s year as a run blocker is good enough to bump him to the top of the list.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/22/2014-pff-all-nfc-west-team/

Again, not sure what the exact grades were, but he had a very very positive impact blocking in my opinion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
May not be a coach but I saw him coaching Quick constantly in practice and videos.

I'm sorry man but it's a good way to avoid giving credit to the coach. Britt isn't a good route runner himself. He was new to our system. I can't give him the credit for Quick's development. I can give him credit for showing Quick how a professional WR does his job, instilling confidence in Quick, and working with him on using his size and strength...but the rest of it wasn't Britt imo.