49ers acquire Jimmy Garoppolo in trade with Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should be worth a
1st at this point.

Of course. They kept Mannion instead of Keenum (yes, I know Keenum had a say in what happened to him, Mannion not so much) but Mannion is clearly as good or better than the QB leading the Vikings to the playoffs.

So I think the Browns' first would be fair compensation.

Rocko

UDFA
Rams need to send Mannion to the Browns

Add Quinn and in return we get one of their first round picks. Then trade down for a late first round and late third round or early second and early third. I can dream.........

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Good move by the whiners. Now they will more than likely trade down in the draft for more picks. That offense needs a lot more than a QB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hope he turns out as good as Jim Plunkett was for them from 76-77.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
What a deal for the 49ers. Garoppolo is going to be a stud. As a Rams fan hate this trade. SF just got a lot better with this move
That is so much crap

You really believe the stinking patriots trade this clown if they believed in him

C’mon man!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It’s clear that the Patriots are all in on Brady for the next two seasons. Belichick will probably go with him into retirement.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That is so much crap

You really believe the stinking patriots trade this clown if they believed in him

C’mon man!

Don’t care what the Patriots believe. I believe he is going to be and is a great player.

Now c’mon man, that last post was crap.

HellRam

Starter
That is so much crap

C’mon man!

Patriots traded him because he is a future free agent. They obviously still believe in Brady for the next few years. So no reason to pay your back up starter money, plus the Pats could use the pick.

What kind of QB Jimmy G is for the damn niners is to be determined. Overall it was a good trade for both teams in my opinion.

Ram65

Legend
Patriots traded him because he is a future free agent. They obviously still believe in Brady for the next few years. So no reason to pay your back up starter money, plus the Pats could use the pick.

What kind of QB Jimmy G is for the damn niners is to be determined. Overall it was a good trade for both teams in my opinion.

Agree that the Patsies made a good trade because they would have gotten nothing after the season. It's a worthwhile risk for the Whiners. It's still to be determined how much they have to pay him. Less than Cousins by far. There was a lively discussion on Jimmy G early this year here. Some liked a lot some didn't. It does give the whiners options in the draft. It an interesting middle ground from drafting a Darnold to paying Cousins.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Brady is 40, if the Patriots believed in JG, then that doesn’t make sense

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My rating - a big who cares. How many times has a backup to a great QB been hailed as the savior after a good game or two? A lot. How many times has it panned out? Twice? Garoppolo could end up being pretty OK. But I'm, not going to lose sleep over it. At least until the 9ers arent a dumpster fire.

Brown to the Hawks? That I care about. But I hope one decent lineman won't be able to cover all the gaps on their o-line. I still don't know how they fit that under the cap though...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Brady is 40, if the Patriots believed in JG, then that doesn’t make sense
Brady is under contract for 2 more years at $14m/year ($22m cap hit), is currently the frontrunner in the MVP race, and Garoppolo is a UFA at the end of the year who will probably make more money than Brady on the open market.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
He'll be another Osweiler, he only did okay because he was on the patsies. Whiners ain't going anywhere.