49ers acquire Jimmy Garoppolo in trade with Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They don't even have a QB on their depth chart atm behind Brady, granted this is their bye week.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Funny that the Cheaters traded away both of Brady's backups and got so very little in return for what is being tabbed as 2 franchise QB's. Makes you wonder how good they really are since BB doesn't trade away good players.
Ryan Mallet worked out well.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope he turns out not quite as good as Cassell. Just enough to get the 49ers excited, then an endless career of mediocrity.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I hope he bombs and sucks complete ass. Fuck the Whiners!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope he turns out not quite as good as Cassell. Just enough to get the 49ers excited, then an endless career of mediocrity.
Waste 3 or 4 years of the team with mediocre QB play at a high cap hit.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I think this was more about money. Pats cant afford to pay Brady and Garappolo. They overplayed there hand trying to get 1sts before the draft and now its deadline time so they are getting the most they can. I wonder why the Browns didnt do this deal though?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this was more about money. Pats cant afford to pay Brady and Garappolo. They overplayed there hand trying to get 1sts before the draft and now its deadline time so they are getting the most they can. I wonder why the Browns didnt do this deal though?
Because they are the Browns.
They pass up the good qbs in order to draft the next Johnny manziel

jjab360

Legend
Is it weird that I kind of hope the 49ers will be competitive in the future? That TNF game was fun to watch, we could see a return to some good old fashioned rivalries in the future NFC West.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They could transition tag him and see if someone offers an offer sheet.
True but that tag comes with no compensation if they decide not to match. Franchise tag with it's higher salary and compensation in picks discourages other teams. Guess it all comes down to how bad they want him. I wouldn't however be shocked to see them work out a deal with him this year. They still have a stupid amount of cap space this year and need to spend some so sign an extension and give him some guarantees this year to sweeten it softening future cap hits.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Screenshot_3.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And now 49ers can get Barkley with their first pick. Ugh. This isn’t good

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True but that tag comes with no compensation if they decide not to match. Franchise tag with it's higher salary and compensation in picks discourages other teams. Guess it all comes down to how bad they want him. I wouldn't however be shocked to see them work out a deal with him this year. They still have a stupid amount of cap space this year and need to spend some so sign an extension and give him some guarantees this year to sweeten it softening future cap hits.
Doh!
I meant the non exclusive tag

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The funniest thing ever would be if he doesnt sign an extension and leaves in FA after this season. Would be perfect.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The good news is that it means they won’t be getting Darnold who will be better than Garoppolo

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
And now 49ers can get Barkley with their first pick. Ugh. This isn’t good
Yeah, but they are so dumb, they will sign Matt Barkley by mistake.

Then the Browns would be so excited that they'd sign Charles Barkley, because they are even dumber.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd imagine they sign him this year and not wait. Just makes too much sense to not do it now. Though I guess if they don't that tells us a lot about Lynch.