49ers acquire Jimmy Garoppolo in trade with Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clearly the Pats are making room to sign Kaepernick

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Scary part is longterm you could be looking at Garapolo and Barkely as a 1-2 punch on offense.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
We've raised the bar and the rest of the division has to respond. We have a very young talented team, and if we can get it all worked out, we will have a very successful team for quite a few years.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Garapalo played 4 games on a really good team. I never believe in back ups who look good in a short spurt and then the team trades them. It very rarely works out. Also if donal and USC didn't flame out. I don't think this trade ever happens. This looks kind of desperate to me.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Ramzheart

Rookie
So thoughts on them making this move now? Does that mean they didn't want or think they could nab Cousins or they simply value JG more?
Do they not value any QB's in the up coming draft.
Technically J G is still an unknown commodity, why pay him more then a first round pick?

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
49ers had an extra 2nd rounder for 2018 after a trade with N.O. last season. Traded a 3rd in 2017 draft for a 7th in 2017 and 2nd in 2018. Wont have to draft a QB with the top pick in the upcoming draft with Garapolo on the roster, could trade down to pick up more picks, or take the top player available. Sounds like the new regime has a plan.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Scary part is longterm you could be looking at Garapolo and Barkely as a 1-2 punch on offense.
Unless they playwell enough rest of the reason and miss out on Barkley..Who knows.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So thoughts on them making this move now? Does that mean they didn't want or think they could nab Cousins or they simply value JG more?
Do they not value any QB's in the up coming draft.
Technically J G is still an unknown commodity, why pay him more then a first round pick?
I think it's because :

You don't wait to get into a bidding war with cousins (that may not even happen)

While small, Jimmy g has a larger nfl sample size then the future rookies.

That's the million dollar question. But we've seen this before with Matt Flynn, matt Cassel, Kevin kolb, and even Elvis grbac. If there's a chance that you've got a franchise guy then you go and get him now , even if he has a smaller sample size.

Ramzheart

Rookie
I think it's because :

You don't wait to get into a bidding war with cousins (that may not even happen)

While small, Jimmy g has a larger nfl sample size then the future rookies.

That's the million dollar question. But we've seen this before with Matt Flynn, matt Cassel, Kevin kolb, and even Elvis grbac. If there's a chance that you've got a franchise guy then you go and get him now , even if he has a smaller sample size.
Thanks makes sense. Can you imagine if the Cards land Cousins now!?
Goff, Wison, Cousins and Jimmy G in the wild west

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks makes sense. Can you imagine if the Cards land Cousins now!?
Goff, Wison, Cousins and Jimmy G in the wild west
I'm hoping not to but cousins is 30 and could totally be a system qb. Maybe tying big money into him helps us