2016 Undrafted Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is a list of who I believe are the Best Left, By Position: ( In order of preference)

At Center;
* Jake Brendel
* Jack Allen

At TE;
* Ben Braunecker

At DE;
* Jason Fanaika
* Shawn Oakman

At DT;
* Connor Wujciak

At FS;
* Tyvis Powell

At CB;
* Jonathan Jones

Their may be some other's But I think these are the BEST!! ( I didn't cover certain positions because I felt the Talent wasn't their!)

Thoughts!? Comments!? Enjoy!;):D

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if you want to see some teammate on future teammate crime. Randolph absolutely annihilate pharoh cooper the way Rodney cracked Emmanuel Sanders a few years back.

Ran a 4.4 and benched 31 reps more than most lineman. How did they find this guy? I have never heard of him but he could be a big time steal. Could start games as early as this year.

wow, what a highlight reel.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Wow Brian Randolph is someone I'm VERY excited for. How the freak do Snead and Fisher find these guys?? The dude has fluid hips, lays the boom, has 4.4 speed, takes excellent pursuit angles and just seems like a playmaker. It looks like everyone just forgot about this guy too... Only a few blog posts here and there with info on him.

I'm telling you now this dude will be legit. He'll be an instant impact special teamer which will give him an opportunity to get some safety snaps and I bet he will not disappoint.

I'm fully hitching my hat on Randolph. He is "All Gas No Breaks" baby!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Only Tavon is safe at wideout. I'm serious.

Rams have a new WR coach, remember. Then they load up the position for him on the heels of the worst passing game in the league last season. WR position is going to be WIDE THE F OPEN for competition this year and I can't wait.
I agree, and i love it.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never heard of Nelson Spruce, but seems like he could be a decent slot WR who will provide good route running and hands.

...just saw the post by @Merlin ...Forgot we had a new WR coach! Even more excited to get a fresh perspective on this bunch! Should be a fun summer.

Interesting quotes from PFF on Mike Thomas:

Thomas is one of our favorite picks in the draft as the No. 38 player on the PFF draft board has great body control and he won contested catches at a higher rate than the other top receivers in the class.

He also caught the highest percentage of contested passes among the top wide receivers in the class.

38th in the entrire draft?! That is quite the endorsement.

Sipping that WR kool-aid right now!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a list of who I believe are the Best Left, By Position: ( In order of preference)

At Center;
* Jake Brendel
* Jack Allen

At TE;
* Ben Braunecker

At DE;
* Jason Fanaika
* Shawn Oakman

At DT;
* Connor Wujciak

At FS;
* Tyvis Powell

At CB;
* Jonathan Jones

Their may be some other's But I think these are the BEST!! ( I didn't cover certain positions because I felt the Talent wasn't their!)

Thoughts!? Comments!? Enjoy!;):D
Jack Allen signed with the Saints. We could probably use Wujciak as a camp body if nothing else.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

if you want to see some teammate on future teammate crime. Randolph absolutely annihilate pharoh cooper the way Rodney cracked Emmanuel Sanders a few years back.

Ran a 4.4 and benched 31 reps more than most lineman. How did they find this guy? I have never heard of him but he could be a big time steal. Could start games as early as this year.

Ok. I don't watch a ton of these videos. But I've seen 30-40 highlight videos. ^ Most impressive one I have ever seen. Not just as a Safety, but ANY position. :rant:How was this dude not drafted? A few theories:
  • Every play NOT shown in this video he pulled a TJ, and ended up putting 11 of his own guys in the hospital all year.
  • All the GMs already scratched his name off their list because they thought they heard the commissioner call him in the first round.
  • Was there another bong video? :whistle:
  • I don't know jack about what traits to look for in these vids. :unsure:
Somebody help me out here. Cuz I just say, "plug him in Rodney's spot. We're good."

I ran across his first grade class photo:
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):neener::):):):):):headexplosion::):):)

See if you can pick him out. No. Not him. Try again. Clue: he's always ballin'!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here is a list of the UDFA Taken from OldSchool's last list and the UGFA tracker on http://nfltraderumors.co.
  1. Brandon Chubb ILB, Wake Forest
  2. Brian Randolph S, Tennessee
  3. Michael Jordan CB, Missouri Western
  4. Nicholas Grigsby LB, Pittsburgh
  5. Kache Palaci LB/FB, Washington State
  6. Jordan Lomax DB, Iowa
  7. Pace Murphy OT, Northwestern State
  8. Nelson Spruce WR, Colorado
  9. Jordan Swindle OT, Kentucky
  10. Paul McRoberts WR, Southeast Missouri State
  11. Taylor Bertolet K, Texas A&M
  12. Morgan Fox DE, CSU Pueblo
  13. Jordan Walsh, G/C Iowa
  14. Marquez North, WR Tennessee
  15. Aaron Green, RB TCU
  16. Winston Rose, CB New Mexico State
  17. Rohan Gaines S, Arkansas
  18. Corey Littleton/LB/Washington
The first 16 are on both lists. Gaines is on OldSchool's and Littleton is on http://nfltraderumors.co.

With this year's drafted players, the Rams have 77 players on their roster per http://www.spotrac.com. The limit is 90 players. Some of these UDFA maybe on a "tryout" basis or the Rams will need to make some cuts from the bottom of the existing roster. Guess we will know when the Rams release their Official list. Regardless, should make for an interesting rookie mini camp with the rookies, UDFAs and players who weren't on the roster long enough last year to gain one year of vesting, showing their football skills and aptitude for classroom/on field learning.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ian is an average player at best at the next level. I live in Reno and have seen him many times. Wish him the best but don't think he contributes. At the least it'll be a segment on HardKnocks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ChX_vtEWMAAmhgp.jpg:large

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Ian is an average player at best at the next level. I live in Reno and have seen him many times. Wish him the best but don't think he contributes. At the least it'll be a segment on HardKnocks.
I am also a UNR fan... go to a couple games a yr. Ian is a work in progress, but I think they can stash him on the PS and develop him. With those bloodlines, you have to give it a shot! A very tenacious player though ..... BTW .. do you know if Jordan Dobrich got picked up? I know him from his H.S. days here in NorCal.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Good point. Wanted to bring this up earlier.

If I am an undrafted FA, getting a $5000 signing bonus, I would think twice about spending that and much more for just finding an apartment to live in the LA area. However, maybe Hard Knocks helps offset that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am also a UNR fan... go to a couple games a yr. Ian is a work in progress, but I think they can stash him on the PS and develop him. With those bloodlines, you have to give it a shot! A very tenacious player though ..... BTW .. do you know if Jordan Dobrich got picked up? I know him from his H.S. days here in NorCal.
Haven't seen anything on him actually.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a big fan of CBS site, but their writeup on Spruce is on-point. Hope he is ready for special teams, because he's gonna have to excel there. But here again we see a guy with route running and insane hands, and I'm diggin the theme by Snead this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1880803/nelson-spruce

STRENGTHS: Spruce is a polished, dependable route-runner with the soft hands to quickly become a quarterback's favorite target. He uses deceptive quickness off of the ball to escape press coverage and incorporates body lean, varied gaits and an occasional push-off to gain separation from more athletic pass defenders. He has a lanky, athletic frame and possesses terrific ballskills, including the body control and catch radius to pull in passes far outside of his frame.

Spruce has good hand-eye coordination and soft mitts to pluck the football and secure it quickly. Effectively uses a jab-step to force opponents to commit to one direction before turning the other way, scrambling for extra yardage. He shows good vision to set up blocks and isn't afraid to turn things upfield into traffic rather than attempting to circle around defenders.

Spruce shows vision and toughness in working across the middle on drag routes, slipping through traffic and showing the focus and toughness to pull in passes with defenders closing in.

WEAKNESSES: While his production is undeniable, Spruce does not possess ideal athletic traits. Has just average straight-line speed and relies on sharp route-running (rather than true explosiveness) to generate separation. He'll struggle to get free against NFL cornerbacks on the perimeter and doesn't possess the size, leaping ability or strength to consistently win 50-50 balls.

IN OUR VIEW: Spruce is a classic possession receiver who wins with savvy route-running and soft hands. He production will get him a shot but he's not surefire NFL prospect his numbers would indicate.
I did a look up on this kid because his production numbers are eye popping and while I'm not entirely familiar with the Colorado program since they fell off the map, I was expecting to see a pass happy offense.
Boy was I surprised. This kid caught almost 200 for 2250 in the last 2 seasons. But the kicker is that is over 1 third of the production. QBs only had about 300 completions and 3000 yards each season.
I'll keep my eye on this one