2016 Undrafted Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
With the Draft winding down another important part of the team building process is in full swing. Undrafted Free Agents always end up making a roster and some end up starting like McLeod or London Fletcher as extreme examples. Just wanted to get the thread started so when the news started coming in.
I'd love Jack Allen or Mike Matthews. Jrry's guy Scooby Wright, Jayron Kearse and Keyarris Garrett

Edit 3:35 PM: Kearse and Wright are off the board.

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Jack Allen is the one I want the most. I can care less about the rest. Though Garret would be nice.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yea bring in Fairbarn if we can, Allen big time yes. And plenty of db's

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Man, looking at some of the names out there...
Cash, Vernon adams, Eric striker, Victor Ochi, garrett, Landon Turner, Mike Matthews, Jack Allen. Probably still missing a lot.

Oh, and Stephen Rivers of course.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
QB - Vernon Adams
OG - Darrell Greene
OG -Landon Turner
C - Jack Allen
CB - Nick VanHoose
FS - Tyvis Powell
K - Ka'imi Fairbairn

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I think this may finally be where we see the "allure of Los Angeles" have a positive impact on "recruiting".

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I think this may finally be where we see the "allure of Los Angeles" have a positive impact on "recruiting".

Possibly - state income taxes are a huge consideration if you're in demand

It's not like undrafted unheralded free agent will be commanding the toasty-O'scommercial

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please put wish list or you want if you're gonna post a whole list!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As soon as the draft ends they can begin contacting them.

What helps here is that the Rams had some of these guys in for visits like the DB from NMS named Rose. The DB from NCCS named Ryan. That could sway them to choose the Rams.

Teams dont pick undrafted free agents, exactly. They choose the ones that they want on the team and try to beat other teams to the punch.........or get in early with visits to get a relationship going. The free agent decides where to go. So if the Rams like Tyvis Powell they can say there is an open competition at Free Safety and you would have a fair shot.......for example. Or, they could say we just lost a top corner and another was injured and may or may not play. Come here and compete.

Thing is when you have a good roster can be tougher to draw interest. But some believe that being in LA could give the Rams the edge with players from the West Coast, especially LA area and southern California in general......if they like some of them.

They will call the guys they like first and then go down the list. Some will agree and sign right away.....others will field offers and trickle in over the next few days. There is a spending limit on UDFAs though. So a team has a money restriction.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This year there were 107 early entries for the draft and 30 went undrafted.