2016 Undrafted Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I have a feeling that they may be working on converting one of last years rookies into a center, whether Donnel or Wichman and or they like some of the late season pickups they acquired last year at the center position.

plus, when it comes to UDFA centers, there will be nothing out there better than what they have now. So better to use those spots to come in and compete at LB, WR and secondary. 3 areas that lack depth and lack some quality even in their starters.

fancents86

Starter
Not so sure. If Cooper comes in and takes over the slot well then there's no need for marquez if there's other better options at receive .
I agree to an extent, but to say he's going to come in and beat him out with out even stepping on the field to practice yet is a bit unfair, imo. Marquez has earned his spot on this roster, either as slot or special teams. The only one who has job security right now that got drafted Is Goff. Everyone else is competiton at the moment. Competition for those who are already on the team and have job security until they are/if they are beaten out.

bskrilla

Starter
I watched Paul McRoberts play in person at SEMO. He went undrafted because he's a bit on the slow side (high 4.6), and SEMO isn't much of a program, but he has LEGIT hands (They're huuuuuge) and tenacity. Dude just caught everything thrown his way and he high-points the ball like no-one's business. If he can grow as a route runner, and bulk up his frame, I think he has potential to turn some heads.

lockdnram21

Legend
I agree to an extent, but to say he's going to come in and beat him out with out even stepping on the field to practice yet is a bit unfair, imo. Marquez has earned his spot on this roster, either as slot or special teams. The only one who has job security right now that got drafted Is Goff. Everyone else is competiton at the moment. Competition for those who are already on the team and have job security until they are/if they are beaten out.
I agree to a certain extent. Marquez earned his spot on S/T he's a OK slot receiver. It want take much for Cooper to beat him out. ,But your right Its Marquez job to loose just like same for Quick and Britt. Rams brought some decent young blood in to wr.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think anyone of these is going to replace Britt this year. And don't forget, Welker still has a locker with his name on it. Quick, on the other hand is another story. We don't know how Bailey fits in. Can he still do back flips while catching the ball one handed? And can he take a hit? I see Tavon, Britt, Marquez and probably Welker, Cooper and Thomas at WR. There may be 2 spots left. New WR coach so who knows?
Why does everybody seem to think Marquez would be safe. I just don't see it that way

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling that they may be working on converting one of last years rookies into a center, whether Donnel or Wichman and or they like some of the late season pickups they acquired last year at the center position.

plus, when it comes to UDFA centers, there will be nothing out there better than what they have now. So better to use those spots to come in and compete at LB, WR and secondary. 3 areas that lack depth and lack some quality even in their starters.

Possibly. Or they may have an idea that Barnes has added strength - or that Rhaney, who they supposedly like, has added strength with another full offseason. Maybe they would have drafted a center with a full slate of picks, but I doubt the Rams considered it a priority, and unless a fantastic value fell to them there were more important holes to fill.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I've been on a "hands and route running" kick on WRs for the past couple years but this year especially with all the sorry drops we've seen. Also, Seattle making a living on hands guys with non-explosive measurables makes it even worse. This guy stood out in those two ways like crazy so I think he's got a chance. I'm gonna post up some stuff on him so people can see how smooth he is.
It's usually the first thing look for.
I'm no expert, but body catching drives me nuts.
Givens body catches and it always made me nervous.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

plus, when it comes to UDFA centers, there will be nothing out there better than what they have now. So better to use those spots to come in and compete at .
I liked Rahneys scrappy play last year, but his chop blocking has since been outlawed by the Nfl.
Rahney is going to have to lean more on technique now. He may struggle.

Center depth is a big concern for me.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's usually the first thing look for.
I'm no expert, but body catching drives me nuts.
Givens body catches and it always made me nervous.
Im with you man, body catching just pisses me off. Good hands is the first thing I look at.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why does everybody seem to think Marquez would be safe. I just don't see it that way
Because wrs still takes time to develop at the next level.
Marquez is already ahead of the others.

He's no guarantee, but I think he has a good chance.

He was also pretty solid in the little playing time he had last year.

fancents86

Starter
Marquez reminded me a lot of Bailey last season. Every time he was on the field he shined. I think he has a pretty high ceiling either on special teams or offense. Time will only tell.

lockdnram21

Legend
Marquez reminded me a lot of Bailey last season. Every time he was on the field he shined. I think he has a pretty high ceiling either on special teams or offense. Time will only tell.
He tailed off at the end on offense. The picking of Cooper tells me his days are numbered

…..

Legend
I liked Rahneys scrappy play last year, but his chop blocking has since been outlawed by the Nfl.
Rahney is going to have to lean more on technique now. He may struggle.

Center depth is a big concern for me.

I looked at the roster and we have 5 players active that are noted as centers.

Doesn't mean we have 5 good players. Just 5 players. I'm not too concerned about it. A lot of people seem to be though.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

Doesn't mean we have 5 good players. Just 5 players. I'm not too concerned about it. A lot of people seem to be though.
I know I'm very concerned about it. We have depth finally @ Guard & tackle but if Barnes goes down hurt we are in serious trouble

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

It's just nice to be at a point, where we're looking for depth and not starters across the board

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/5/1/11547548/2016-los-angeles-rams-undrafted-free-agent-roster

2016 Los Angeles Rams Undrafted Free Agent Roster
By 3k@3k_ on May 1, 2016

usa-today-8924170.0.jpg

Mark Dolejs-USA TODAY Sports

Here's your UDFA class for the 2016 Los Angeles Rams.

(NOTE: These remain unverified, but once we have confirmation we'll remove this disclaimer. Until then, we'll adjust as necessary and note any updates in the text and on Twitter)

Texas A&M Aggies K Taylor Bertolet
Here's Bertolet's kicking camp highlight video. That's as complete as UDFA analysis as you should want. Anything past that is Deep Internet. You want to get there? Try getting past the Breitbart Bayless Kicker Threshold.

Wake Forest MLB Brandon Chubb
Character. Bloodlines. This has the makeup of a UDFA that makes the team....

Colorado St. University-Pueblo DE Morgan Fox
Uh...Pueblo, Colorado...holla at ya boi?

TCU RB Aaron Green
Green's got a lot of Daryl Richardson to him. Acceleration, explosion, jump off...yup. But beyond that...what can he add? He sees the field fine and holds the ball well to avoid fumbles...but as an NFL back, what does he give beyond the first couple of yards?

Pitt OLB Nicholas Grigsby
Undersized tenacious OLB...a replacement for special teams ace Daren Bates?

Missouri Western CB Michael Jordan
One of the greatest basketball players of all time returned to school at Missouri Western to try his hand at cornerback. Time will tell how the former Chicago Bulls great will fare in the NFL.

Iowa S Jordan Lomax
Size and coverage skills likely limit him to special teams, but his physicality and work ethic make him a probable to at least make the practice squad with a shot to see 53-man roster time if injuries open up space.

Southeast Missouri St. WR Paul McRoberts
With a former home in St. Louis, it shouldn't surprise that the Rams picked up players from Missouri Western and SEMO. The problem, of course, is these guys rarely last. Then again, Matt Longacre is real...

Northwestern St. OT Pace Murphy
Natchitoches, Louisiana, is in the house. I've got my fan favorite marked.

Tennessee WR Marquez North
I'm surprised North didn't get drafted. He's got solid measurables with a lot of traits you'd want in a flanker. He's got a lot of Brian Quick in him.

The issue is the lack of production and, well...Brian Quick's not the kind of player you want to be compared to in 2016.

Washington St. LB Kache Palacio
I'm gonna have to go back on this one. I watched a couple of Wazzu games this year, and Palacio never stood out. Then again, Washington State's defense rarely does for anything positive...Palacio has solid size. With Pac-12 experience, he could be a legit diamond in the rough heading into camp.

Tennessee FS Brian Randolph
See Lomax above. One of them? Possibly. Both of them? Doubtful...

New Mexico St. CB Winston Rose
Mentioned this one ahead of the draft. The Rams were able to get one of their guys without using a draft pick. Solid, regardless of the target.

Colorado WR Nelson Spruce
Poor measurables, but plus technique. These are always hard to sniff out at draft time. Will he be able to carve out a career on savvy and coachability?

Kentucky OT Jordan Swindle
A coach's favorite at UK, Swindle doesn't really stand out for his play. He might have the early edge over Murphy to make it through, but the Rams stacked up last year. Can Swindle swindle the likes of Isiah Battle and Darrell Williams out of a spot?