You’re sticking with that motherf--ker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know it's the doldrums of the offseason but FFS do we really have to keep a Tom Brady thread going??

Yes, I know I can avoid it. Believe me, I always do. But it's the only action around here right now.... and even if 90% of the comments are about what a douche he is.... it's still too much Tom Brady.

Hate is a strong word. I don't like to use it lightly. But Tom Brady?
I hate his stupid fucking face.

He isn't half as good as his career stats or SB wins suggest. He's just the arrogant prick who happened to get drafted by the Patriots at just the right time.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
If SBs are the basis for Brady being the best, why isn't Bradshaw in the conversation. Removing the tainted SBs puts Montana and Bradshaw ahead. Montana had a SB winning Drive against the Bengles. No cheating.
Whether Brady knew or not, he benefited greatly. NTG, Not The GOAT.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were 11-5 in 2008 without him, and 3-1 in 2016 when he was deflate gated, not sure you make a compelling argument?
Like many have said.. in addition to being one of the greatest, he is certainly the LUCKIEST QB to ever play the game. Besides the cheating, the poor play of his divisional opponents gave him the home field advantage for 20 YEARS! In at least half of his super bowl wins, one could argue cheating (the GSOT tapes), injuries (Gurley, Kupp and last year's Chiefs), poor coaching (Atlanta never should have lost that game) and that stupid pass (interception) that Pete Carroll called when Marshawn Lynch was 1 foot away from the goal line, and last year was yet another fluke Super Bowl win... Brady goes to Tampa and Gronk, Antonio Brown, and Fornet all sign on an already loaded defense. The bottom line is that Brady was great, but he was also extremely lucky. Hats off to him, overall.

Now I just want him out of my life forever!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How does that explain his last 3 Super Bowl wins in NE though?? When everyone was on the lookout for them cheating? Dont say deflategate-thats a joke. And then winning it all in Tampa Bay with a 7-9 Bucs team that always underacheived and their overrated head coach... yes Belichek cheated the Rams in XXXVI not Brady! Brady orchestrated an amazing 2 minute drive to win it-call it luck call it whatever but he fkin did it
Oh, and the Bucs added more than Brady in that off-season. I chock up the improvement to not having a turn over machine at QB, Winston, and an outrageous Defense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My dislike for Tom Brady has faded somewhat. Yeah, I know... you bastard, CGI!

Its just... You don't reach 9 Super bowls, winning 7, without earning that. He's playing QB too... it's not like he's the long snapper along for the ride.

I mean, just typing that feels like a typo... 9 Super bowls. Nine!

I understand the dislike for him though... the over saturation... sometimes it's too much. But for all the attention Tom gets, he tends to be more classy than most athletes, particularly this day and age.

Maybe someone else comes along and matches what he's doing years down the road? But, we are seeing something that might not ever be matched again.

Got to give him credit for that. (y)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Its just... You don't reach 9 Super bowls, winning 7, without earning that. He's playing QB too... it's not like he's the long snapper along for the ride.

I understand the dislike for him though... the over saturation... sometimes it's too much. But for all the attention Tom gets, he tends to be more classy than most athletes, particularly this day and age.

Maybe someone else comes along and matches what he's doing years down the road? But, we are seeing something that might not ever be matched again.

So let's say pats didn't cheat and the offensive plays called didn't succeed because the play caller didn't know what D was called. Brady doesn't have the same kind of success to build his confidence on. Maybe he becomes skittish in the pocket because his line isn't prepared for the blitz. He never reaches the level of play he is known for. You can't discount the cheating. You can't begin to discount the far reaching effect it had to build that team up and to hold down other teams. Payton Manning could have had way more success if he didn't have to deal with the cheating every year. No, no credit earned. He and his team stole success from other teams.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Gotta be the Niners. That was Brady's childhood team, I believe. They lost to Mahomes and Jimmy G got grilled for it. JG got hurt the year after and has missed many games as a Niner. Not to mention the bad blood between JG and Tommy Boy from the days in NE.

This inevitably got JG traded, which forged a rift between Kraft-Tom and BB. (Bill wanted to trade Tom.)Many believe BB sabotaged the Patriots after that trade was forced by Kraft. But they still won a ring due to an elite D, OL, and running game. Brady never again had a supporting cast outside of Gronk, who retired, and JE who became injury prone.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How does that explain his last 3 Super Bowl wins in NE though?? When everyone was on the lookout for them cheating? Dont say deflategate-thats a joke. And then winning it all in Tampa Bay with a 7-9 Bucs team that always underacheived and their overrated head coach... yes Belichek cheated the Rams in XXXVI not Brady! Brady orchestrated an amazing 2 minute drive to win it-call it luck call it whatever but he fkin did it

they were caught taping the bengals a couple of seasons ago. THE BENGALS. they never stopped their cheating. the nfl destroyed maybe 1% of the tapes the cheats had and the cheats kept on taping. nothing brady or bellyfat did together should count.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Dude he ain't classy. It's a mirage. When he wins he's all hunky dory, but the second he loses he storms off the field.

I can't wait until his overrated ass retires. I'm gonna throw a party. Maybe even proclaim it a national holiday.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were undefeated 16-0 with him in 2007 and missed the playoffs when he was hurt in 2008 oh and how about the Pats record last year without him?
They were 11-5 the year he was hurt. 11 and 5. Yes it was ridiculous they didnt make the playoffs, but since it was the Pats, nobody cared.
Oh and as for last year, not sure if you heard but we sort of suffered thru a global pandemic and the Patriots had about half of their defensive players opt out. So if you want to credit Brady for that too, I dont know what to say.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
They were 11-5 the year he was hurt. 11 and 5. Yes it was ridiculous they didnt make the playoffs, but since it was the Pats, nobody cared.
Oh and as for last year, not sure if you heard but we sort of suffered thru a global pandemic and the Patriots had about half of their defensive players opt out. So if you want to credit Brady for that too, I dont know what to say.
I didn't know covid was exclusive to just the Boston area and didn't hear the Pats had 5 or 6 defensive starters sit out . I think it was you that posted in the thread about mid season saying Brady couldn't throw the deep ball any more. So I'm watching the NFC Championship game last year and they said the team that led the NFL in deep passes last year was wait for it , wait for it The Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know covid was exclusive to just the Boston area and didn't hear the Pats had 5 or 6 defensive starters sit out .
Well, now you know. The Patriots had 8 players opt out, from a total of 67 players across the NFL. No other team had more than 5.
So yeah, it impacted them much more than other teams. TB for instance only had 1 player.
Research, it does wonders