Your take on draft day round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ask Carolina about that dart!!!

WTF were they thinking ? That owner is a piece of work.

Ask Da Bears how nice LIFE is NOW ?? Who’s going to be The best QB in 2024 Draft ?

Patrick Mahomes was a QB Da Bears past on.Ask The Rams about Steve Avila.Do Centers in The NFL matter ??? Sean Mcvay is an easy read & LHAO about Peter Scrubs. Creed has only won 2 Super Bowls in 3 seasons.

Heard Stetson is in The Rams building so all this talk talk is just that.The Rams felt good with him after The draft.He is only in a better spot this year than last season & again doesn’t have to worry about anything is than about himself. He will be better for what he went through & as a Man (QB)is blessed.He gets to learn from 2 of the best in the NFL.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
My one and only post predicting what the Rams may do tomorrow night ... IF THEY TRADE-UP.

They trade-up with Atlanta at #8 for Rome Odunze, surrendering their 2025 first round pick.

or

They trade-up with Denver at #12 for a defensive player ... Murphy or an Edge. In this case, not sure the Rams have to give-up their 2025 first round pick but, if they do, they get back a third or fourth rounder from Denver.

If they trade-up, it will not be for an offensive lineman

Now, I should be honest, direct and clear. I have been following the NFL Draft and the Rams for decades.
I love it, and consume everything I can. After years of experience, I believe I have gained a good perspective; and, Yes ... even a little Wisdom.

And I tell you guys this with all humility and candor ... I have NO FUCKING IDEA what the Rams will do.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see the Rams stay at 19 and pick the best player available at a position of need; or trade back a few spots with a team wanting to move up if there are a few players that they desire still on the board at 19.

dang

Legend
If you think two of the top three edges are going to be there, which players are you thinking are rated above them?

What I'm seeing is:

QB: 4
WR: 3-4 (4 if we're counting Thomas, Jr.)
OT: 3-4
Edge: 1 (Turner...assuming that Latu and Verse are both available at 19)
DL: 1 (by most accounts Newton is rated lower in the 20s.)
CB: 2
TE: 1

That's 16-17 players. Who else do you see going before our pick?
I see Verse gone. But I also see dead people. So I have problems.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Definitely agree with your last sentence. Based on all the studies I've ever seen, if he's getting three above-average starters every year, he's not just great, he's in 'best GM of all time' territory.

Your standards feel a little high to me. I recall some studies on a rule of thumb of what's considered a good draft and the results were that two normal starters - not high level starters - was a very good result.
Then Ozzie Newsome must have been a God.

Rounds one should equal good starter. two should equal above average starters. At least one of rounds 3-5 should equal average starter.

I realize that some drafts are bereft of talent, even in round three be. So this wouldn’t apply to every year. But in most drafts, this should be achievable if a GM doesn’t put need ahead of BPA.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Final prediction: Rams trade up with Denver... for Byron Murphy.

Lose your minds.
I'm starting to think this as well. All the smokescreen about OL and really they just want Murphy. Based upon league feedback, teams love this guy and for good reason. I remember when he could be had at 19....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My one and only post predicting what the Rams may do tomorrow night ... IF THEY TRADE-UP.

They trade-up with Atlanta at #8 for Rome Odunze, surrendering their 2025 first round pick.

or

They trade-up with Denver at #12 for a defensive player ... Murphy or an Edge. In this case, not sure the Rams have to give-up their 2025 first round pick but, if they do, they get back a third or fourth rounder from Denver.

If they trade-up, it will not be for an offensive lineman

Now, I should be honest, direct and clear. I have been following the NFL Draft and the Rams for decades.
I love it, and consume everything I can. After years of experience, I believe I have gained a good perspective; and, Yes ... even a little Wisdom.

And I tell you guys this with all humility and candor ... I have NO FUCKING IDEA what the Rams will do.
some Rams GMs were more predictable than others. Even Les at one point was more predictable when paired with Fisher.

I think Les Snead has gotten much better at hiding his Cards, especially since the equipment manager was fired and not able to look over his shoulder anymore :zany1:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Final prediction: Rams trade up with Denver... for Byron Murphy.

Lose your minds.
Amateur

Rams trade 19 and 154 to the Raiders for their 2nd 4th and a 2025 1st.

Now lose your minds because they take a WR with their 2nd.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I would like to see the Rams stay at 19 and pick the best player available at a position of need; or trade back a few spots with a team wanting to move up if there are a few players that they desire still on the board at 19.
Ramstien,
This is precisely where I am at as of today.

Just don't like the cost to trade up and I really believe that some team is going to make us a great offer to move down a bit.

Having said that I do NOT want to move out of the First Round unless someone offers us the moon or the equivalent.

~ArkyRamsFan~

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I'm starting to think this as well. All the smokescreen about OL and really they just want Murphy. Based upon league feedback, teams love this guy and for good reason. I remember when he could be had at 19....
Here is my freakin issue with Murphy! I remember when he could be had at 60!

He was one of the first players I researched. Even before Donald retired I thought we needed a DL upgrade. At the time, he was projected as a late 2nd round pick. I kept thinking, "I like this guy the best!" so I had him in all my simulator mocks.

And then he rose to top 15 and unfortunately, I have him anchored in my mind as great value in the 2nd round.

WestCoastRam

Legend

He was one of the first players I researched. Even before Donald retired I thought we needed a DL upgrade. At the time, he was projected as a late 2nd round pick. I kept thinking, "I like this guy the best!" so I had him in all my simulator mocks.

And then he rose to top 15 and unfortunately, I have him anchored in my mind as great value in the 2nd round.
hahahaha... our own priors are hard to shake!

Human mind is designed to anchor to the first thing it learns about a subject whether it's right or wrong!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

May have to be a little careful there.

Just because your research showed sources that had Murphy as a 2nd round prospect, does not mean the NFL talent evaluators and decision-makers rated him there.

Here's an example.
I don't watch college football, so I have no opinions on players. Come the off-season, I read and listen to everything and anything I can to try and gain a consensus of the opinions out there.

Early last off-season, I watched some highlight tape of Calijah Kancey; and commented that he showed unusual explosiveness, and played with strength and leverage. That's all I commented on in starting a thread (it's still there on the Draft Forum ... around page four). Did not predict a high draft pick; and, certainly, did not compare him to Aaron Donald. Just commented that the highlight tape was impressive.

Couple posters pushed-back, and one quoted an experienced draft analyst named Tony Pauline who rated Kancey as a late round pick. Kancey went to Tampa with the slot the Rams currently hold ... #19 overall.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
hahahaha... our own priors are hard to shake!

Human mind is designed to anchor to the first thing it learns about a subject whether it's right or wrong!
Yep, it's been hard to shake. My head knows better, my heart is resisting.