Your Surprise Rams Transactions (Cuts) This Saturday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DVontel

Rookie
This was my thought. Maybe call Arizona for Glennon. He's a lifer backup but i think he's better than Mannion. Definitely more experienced....and trust me when i say that the Cardinals need help at WR.
Dealing within the division though...not likely.

There's still plenty of time for the light to come on for Reynolds but the Rams can't cut Hodge or even stash him. He'll get picked up quick and i see natural talent there. Instincts. Not a coach-able skill. He made Mannion look good.

Rams will carry six WR's. Cooks. Woods. Kupp are obvious locks. Cooper is safe.

Reynolds
Thomas
Hodge
Brown
Rams will very likely keep two of these four guys on the 53. Thomas brings ST's value so he has the edge there.

Brown will be cut...leaving a decision to be made between Hodge and Reynolds. I keep Hodge and try to trade Reynolds or risk the PS.
How about a 6th as well :yay:

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
:yay:

I know it's a banana, but every time I see this, in my head, I hear "I'M PICKLE RICK!!!"

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I just went back and checked (haven't looked in a long time) and I can't believe I only have 9 "inappropriate" in over 5 years, compared to over 8,500 "positive".

I guess I have to try harder to pizz people off.:fuelfire: :rolllaugh:
I'm sure you'll do well.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
First. I do appreciate an in depth write up such as this. That being said I have to strongly disagree with 4) Kiser. This guy is an athletic thumper. And since you compared him to Hager I have to state that his potential AND ability are well above Hager. While I appreciate a solid ST player such as Hager we have seen his peak and at his best he is an average backfill as a MLB.

I agree that Kiser has the potential to be much better than Hager, but he isn't there just yet--at least I haven't seen it in the preseason games so far. Hager has a few seasons on Kiser and is playing about as well as I've seen him play. That's all I'm saying about those guys.

As for STs, I saw Kiser on them as well. I don't think he's gonna get cut, so it would definitely be a surprise to me.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I think Hodge's making the team may depend on how he performs in the game tomorrow.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
I think Malcolm Brown gets fired, and John Kelly gets hired! We CANNOT let Kelly go. GO RAMS!!!

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Mannion is really gonna survive cuts and win the backup job after a piss poor preseason in his 4th year? I love McVay but hes 100% wrong if he keeps Mannion as our backup. We should be bringing someone in NOW to start learning the playbook behind Goff. If we wait till something happens and Mannion has to play we will be screwed. I think McVay is putting too much value in the fact Mannion knows the playbook. Mannion has a QB rating of freaking 49.9! Lets reward him with the backup job....I hope McVay comes to his senses (sorry I had to rant) lol

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We CANNOT let Kelly go. GO RAMS!!!
Not to worry.
Kelly has definitely earned himself a roster spot.
That second gear he hits is pretty impressive.

I'm pretty sure there are already other teams that are regretting they didn't pick him up in the 4th.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I have a feeling Larry Rose will get cut.
Also getting cut Tanzel Smart, Darrell Williams, and Cornelius Lucas.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I wpuld rather keep 7 WRs and 3 RBs... Let Cooper be an emergency RB. Hodge is just a better prospect than Justin Davis or Malcolm Brown.

So lose one of them and keep Hodge.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Malcolm Brown gets fired, and John Kelly gets hired! We CANNOT let Kelly go. GO RAMS!!!
Just curious but then who’s number three? Davis who hasn’t played yet or maybe Holley who hasn’t been anything special? Maybe that guy we just signed Monday? I can understand him losing the number two spot but cutting him seems a major stretch.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Since the thread title says “surprises” I’ll throw one out there. We cut Hemingway and Mundt and sign Antonio Gates for a year. Still a good red zone threat and he stays in Cali.

Tano

Legend
Since the thread title says “surprises” I’ll throw one out there. We cut Hemingway and Mundt and sign Antonio Gates for a year. Still a good red zone threat and he stays in Cali.
Would he be willing to play for vet minimum and only go in for plays near the red zone?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Snead might be in the mood to offer up our top safety reserve Blake Countess to a team in need of a starting caliber safety due to their injuries.

BC has 21 NFL games under his belt with 2 starts. He has lineup @ The Nickle & Dime corner posts & plays both safety posts. He is 25 yr old in his 3rd season. Rams have 3 other safeties all about the same in talent & skill Marqui Christian, Isaiah Johnson & Nate Holley.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Not to worry.
Kelly has definitely earned himself a roster spot.
That second gear he hits is pretty impressive.

I'm pretty sure there are already other teams that are regretting they didn't pick him up in the 4th.

I picked him up in the 5th for Detroit in the ROD Mock Draft and was sweating in him being there. Thought he may go higher.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It should certainly be under consideration.

If we're all in we're all in.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Seems like every year there is at least one or two major surprises at the NFL Deadline Date so I am curious who other Rams fans think could be some of those surprise cuts this weekend. No doubt that Coach McVay will have some very tough decisions to make in a few days!

P. Cooper, because he's not good enough at the WR position. Easier to find a returner "or" at least w/ this front office it is!