Your Surprise Rams Transactions (Cuts) This Saturday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Seems like every year there is at least one or two major surprises at the NFL Deadline Date so I am curious who other Rams fans think could be some of those surprise cuts this weekend. No doubt that Coach McVay will have some very tough decisions to make in a few days!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thomas for Hodge.

Hodge has had a great preseason, but I don't think that would be a shocker, some forget that players can look good in preseason, but that does not always translate into the regular season. I would be shocked if Michael Thomas gets cut, very valuable gunner on special teams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not sure of a surprise but Hemingway and Tanzel Smart.

If Johnny Mundt is healthy, I believe both will be released. Smart being outplayed by the bigger, stronger, Sebastian Joseph-Day. I look forward with Sebastian Joseph-Day & John Franklin-Meyers converge on a sack and it takes the announcer a while to enunciate the names.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
By surprise, I would say an “Akeem Ayers” type of release. In other words, a player off the radar, seemingly safe, that is let go by the coaches that know better, despite our superior internet scouting observations. :whistle:

Possible candidates:

Offense: Jamon Brown, Josh Reynolds, Malcom Brown, (Hemingway is seemingly on the radar) I think Mannion would be a bit of a surprise, even as bad as he has played.

Defense: Blake Countess, Ramik Wilson, Tanzeil Smart.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If Johnny Mundt is healthy, I believe both will be released. Smart being outplayed by the bigger, stronger, Sebastian Joseph-Day. I look forward with Sebastian Joseph-Day & John Franklin-Meyers converge on a sack and it takes the announcer a while to enunciate the names.

They both sound like serial QB killers with the 3 names.... especially "John Franklin Myers"!

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Offense: Jamon Brown, Josh Reynolds, Malcom Brown, (Hemingway is seemingly on the radar) I think Mannion would be a bit of a surprise, even as bad as he has played.

Defense: Blake Countess, Ramik Wilson, Tanzeil Smart.

Wow! I would have to disagree with Jamon Brown and Josh Reynolds on offense, and Ramik on defense. Just my opinion though...

I would say my surprise pick would be Hemingway and Pharoah Cooper. I think Cooper reminds me of Tavon Austin and his ability to drop balls all over the field.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I would say my surprise pick would be Hemingway and Pharoah Cooper. I think Cooper reminds me of Tavon Austin and his ability to drop balls all over the field.
If they cut Pharoh Cooper, it would be the first time in the history of the NFL that an All Pro was cut.

Ain't happening.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Hodge has had a great preseason, but I don't think that would be a shocker, some forget that players can look good in preseason, but that does not always translate into the regular season. I would be shocked if Michael Thomas gets cut, very valuable gunner on special teams.
Which is why I listed it as a surprise.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Hemingway had a lot of snaps this preseason on special teams as well.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe they deal Reynolds in order to get a back up QB like Griffin. Balt needs WRs and we seem to have a few good young prospects at the end of our roster.

The Ramowl

Starter
Maybe they deal Reynolds in order to get a back up QB like Griffin. Balt needs WRs and we seem to have a few good young prospects at the end of our roster.

I hope we do that. Plus Baltimore has no use for him, they already have Flacco and their super (over?) hyped rookie QB, so we could probably get him for a reasonable price

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
This is just not happening.

Do you guys not see the value of Thomas just as a gunner? He may be the best gunner in the entire league.
Which is why I listed as a surprise. Everyone keeps talking about it and I feel that would be a surprise, something I'm not expecting.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Wow! I would have to disagree with Jamon Brown and Josh Reynolds on offense, and Ramik on defense. Just my opinion though...

This is the spirit of the thread: surprise. All the players I listed fit into the category I defined; SEEMINGLY SAFE. I do think one of the players may be packaged in a trade for an upgrade at QB or TE depth.

Hemingway had a lot of snaps this preseason on special teams as well.
Maybe McVay is desperately giving Hemingway a chance to recover from his spiral into the abyss.

this may be a plan. I’m not a huge Griffin fan, but how ironic would that be.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Malcolm Brown.

Kelly should definitely be the number two back - only question is pass pro.

Davis still has too much potential to let go.

Mannion would be a surprise, but would it be smart to cut a QB who has been in McVay's offense for two years and all of this training camp?

One of the ILBs will have to be released and will probably be a surprise.