Your Surprise Rams Transactions (Cuts) This Saturday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
1) Mannion. If Goff goes down, the Rams are sunk. That being said, only Mannion knows the system and Allen has only been playing vs 3's and 4's in a vanilla style. That's deceptive. I think the best case scenario is he takes over for Mannion next year when Mannion's contract is up.
2)Price. He played well last game and was a pick by the new regime in, what I think, was a planned scenario to revamp our LB crew.
3) Reynolds. He was drafted to replace Thomas (same skill set), but has now been dinged up on both of his first 2 camps. Guys who come on to the league like this usually have careers like this. Either he goes or Thomas does, because Hodge is gonna make the roster. If not, he'll be signed somewhere else.
4) Kiser. Actually, until last game I thought he sucked. I know MLB is the most desperate area on the roster so Kiser's learning curve is tolerable, but he's showed nothing that would make me keep him over Hager RIGHT NOW. I know there are folks who are high on this kid and I saw enough last game to think he can get significantly better, so I would be surprised if he washed out. He'd get picked up somewhere and given a chance to develop. Just don't know if he can be hidden on the practice squad. However, based on what I have seen this preseason, I would be disappointed if Kiser was kept at the expense of Hager.

Guys that WOULD NOT surprise me if they got cut?
1) Hemingway. I've been reading a lotta praises in the form of hope re him the last 3 camps. Haven't seen it.
2) Easley. see Reynolds, but at a couple mil a year.
3) Williams. I was not sure if Noteboom could handle LT in a pinch, but he looks just as good if not better than Williams. He could fill in on the right should anything befall Havs. Gbye Williams.
3) RB Davis. See Easley and Reynolds.
4) Demby. I get it. You take over a team and want to make it your own. Usually that means dumping "your inheritance " for YOUR new guys as quickly as possible, but eventually you have a roster that is good enough that you have to start excepting that there are few openings and not every draft pick is gonna work out. Maybe I'm seeing something else, but he has stunk vs guys who are also fighting for roster spots.
First. I do appreciate an in depth write up such as this. That being said I have to strongly disagree with 4) Kiser. This guy is an athletic thumper. And since you compared him to Hager I have to state that his potential AND ability are well above Hager. While I appreciate a solid ST player such as Hager we have seen his peak and at his best he is an average backfill as a MLB.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This was my thought. Maybe call Arizona for Glennon. He's a lifer backup but i think he's better than Mannion. Definitely more experienced....and trust me when i say that the Cardinals need help at WR.
Dealing within the division though...not likely.

There's still plenty of time for the light to come on for Reynolds but the Rams can't cut Hodge or even stash him. He'll get picked up quick and i see natural talent there. Instincts. Not a coach-able skill. He made Mannion look good.

Rams will carry six WR's. Cooks. Woods. Kupp are obvious locks. Cooper is safe.

Reynolds
Thomas
Hodge
Brown
Rams will very likely keep two of these four guys on the 53. Thomas brings ST's value so he has the edge there.

Brown will be cut...leaving a decision to be made between Hodge and Reynolds. I keep Hodge and try to trade Reynolds or risk the PS.

I would expect the Eagles will also snap up a WR on waivers.... Jefferey could miss a few weeks, Ahgalor has been hurt and Wallace has shown nothing thus far. I would hate to see them get Hodge.

dang

Legend
I would expect the Eagles will also snap up a WR on waivers.... Jefferey could miss a few weeks, Ahgalor has been hurt and Wallace has shown nothing thus far. I would hate to see them get Hodge.
Keep Hodge and put Reynolds on PUP.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I'm sure glad this is not what you're expecting, or what may happen. But how in hell were you being sound of mind able to reason all this as a possibility? Pllus what drug are you on, and do you have any extra?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“Chill” @RamDino ? :eek: Yeah. Some suuuper controversial stuff, there. Did you hit a wrong button?

If I did... it was a mistake. I don't even see a chill rating on any of these posts. Not sure what is going on???

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going to say that Dominique Easley is a surprise cut.

dang

Legend
I'm going to say that Dominique Easley is a surprise cut.
I believe they will give Easley every chance at the DE/OLB position they have recently switched him to. It sounds like he cannot take the pounding inside. I know he hasn't been healthy for much of his career but there is something about him that I think is worth a roster spot. If he fails at DE/OLB and Okoronkwo returns, Lawler works out he may eventually be out of a job but don't see it for the initial 53.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I believe they will give Easley every chance at the DE/OLB position they have recently switched him to. It sounds like he cannot take the pounding inside. I know he hasn't been healthy for much of his career but there is something about him that I think is worth a roster spot. If he fails at DE/OLB and Okoronkwo returns, Lawler works out he may eventually be out of a job but don't see it for the initial 53.

Honestly, I think Ejuan Price beats out Easley. I also think that Justin Lawler and Trevon Young have opened eyes this preseason. We may keep the younger players who can play special teams (Price, Lawler, Young) over Easley, who cannot.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't even see a chill rating on any of these posts.

That's because I deleted them. "Chills" and "Inappropriates" go on someone's profile and are negatives. They are useful for moderation by the membership and should only be used when called for. Mistakes happen but let's try to limit them.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Honestly, I think Ejuan Price beats out Easley. I also think that Justin Lawler and Trevon Young have opened eyes this preseason. We may keep the younger players who can play special teams (Price, Lawler, Young) over Easley, who cannot.

Cap savings could come into play, especially if they do attempt to bring in a vet back up QB where they may need to open up an additional $500k in cap space.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I did... it was a mistake. I don't even see a chill rating on any of these posts. Not sure what is going on???

is this what your hand looks like ?

$_1.JPG

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I wish they had "mild rebuke".

I'd be handing them out like business cards at a salesmen's convention!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Technically that's true but if I look at someone's profile and see that fellow members gave them a bunch of chills, it's a negative to me on how I view that member. Let's get back to the subject of this thread. If you have questions or comments send me a pm.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just went back and checked (haven't looked in a long time) and I can't believe I only have 9 "inappropriate" in over 5 years, compared to over 8,500 "positive".

I guess I have to try harder to pizz people off.:fuelfire: :rolllaugh: