Your Controversial Rams Takes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Well, it was back in the day, when fans were putting most, if not all, the blame on Mike Martz.
Not now when we look back at what happened to the Rams during those years.

Mike Martz didn't help but Jay and Georgia killed the Rams (again - 90s all over again)

I wonder if she lived longer if she wanted to move out of St Louis to another city that would give in to her

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not now when we look back at what happened to the Rams during those years.

Mike Martz didn't help but Jay and Georgia killed the Rams (again - 90s all over again)

I wonder if she lived longer if she wanted to move out of St Louis to another city that would give in to her
I really did love Anaheim.....*sigh* ~ Georgia

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I have been a Rams fan for 56 years. Over that time they have gone 456-444-8 (including postseason) with just 2 Championships.

I go back 54 years. We've seen the best and worst; and it has mostly been periods of Extremes.

The Rams had terrific teams for 17 years (1973-1989), making the playoffs (when fewer teams qualified) Fourteen times; and 2-of-the-3 years they did not make the playoffs were strike shortened (Joke) seasons.

Unfortunately, that long period of success was followed by almost an entire decade (1990-1998), where the Rams had the worst record in the NFL. Then they exploded, with five playoff-teams in six seasons (1999- 2004), followed by twelve straight seasons without a winning record (2005-2016); and, now, the tremendous success under McVay until last year's collapse.

That's more Up-and-Down than an adult film actor!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We don't really know if McVay was going to quit or if it was a ploy for some benefit.
This year is going to showcase quite a bit because if the Rams struggle again, I can't see McVay staying, in fact, I felt if they got off to a slow start, lets communicate 1-6, do we start hearing the stories again about being overwhelmed?

The beginning of the season will not be easy with the schedule and I am anxious to see how the Rams play and handle being underdogs more often then not.

BTW this will be my 50th year as a Ram fan (Here Since Hadl) which pales in comparison to you & @PARAM.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Jack Youngblood played today, the praise for his decision to play through a broken fibula would be countered by Twitter trolls and assorted bloggers asserting that he was hurting the team or ruining his career.

Tano

Legend
This year is going to showcase quite a bit because if the Rams struggle again, I can't see McVay staying, in fact, I felt if they got off to a slow start, lets communicate 1-6, do we start hearing the stories again about being overwhelmed?

The beginning of the season will not be easy with the schedule and I am anxious to see how the Rams play and handle being underdogs more often then not.

BTW this will be my 50th year as a Ram fan (Here Since Hadl) which pales in comparison to you & @PARAM.
I kinda remember Roman Gabriel but I really started following the Rams when Hadl was QB as well.

Tano

Legend
I really did love Anaheim.....*sigh* ~ Georgia
I still sing this song when this ^&*%$ comes up

Fox Broadcasting Candace GIF by Empire FOX

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Bulger over Warner was the correct move. We see what Kurt did in AZ years later, but he needed time.

Goff completely held the team back in 2020 and with one of ten other QBs, we win it all that year.
You must've forgot how terrible the so called #1 defense and oline was against the pack. I don't think any qb wins that game especially with a broken thumb.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Goff had his issues with McVay at the end there but Blythe and Evans (in the GB game) also contributed heavily to the Rams not winning it all

Look at what happened to Stafford last year when Kolone was center and Evans was the LG

Yes I am comparing Blythe to Kolone a tad bit.

Blythe was better than Kolone but when it was 3rd and long - he either got pushed back into Goff really fast or was a turnstyle

And Evans ... Evans did in the GB game what he did last year

Everyone focused on Goff not winning the GB game but I put a lot of it on Blythe and Evans - rewatch the game - you will see what I am talking about especially when it was 2nd down and long or 3rd down and long
Even if the oline played good that gm i dont think it would've mattered. The defense simply didn't show up.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Knox wasn't the coach in 1978.

But his Rams were spanked by the Cowboys at home in the 1975 NFC Championship Game.
Well yes but I was referring to the lack of high-end Quarterbacking. I knew the history but I hadn't seen that game as a kid.