Your Controversial Rams Takes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Rod Perry was 5’-10” instead of being 5”-9” the RAMS win Super Bowl IV…that one hurt…a lot!

MV5BYTE3NTExYzMtN2UwYy00MDRhLWE3YTEtZjQ5MTc3NWNlM2MxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODM4MjcwMjk@._V1_.jpg
Looks like he was tall enough, but simply missed the ball as it went under his hand...game of inches

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This year? I think the Rams will be good this year and I haven't given up on them like a lot of people have.

Historically? Eric Dickerson ran behind one of the best OL's ever and that as much as his natural talent contributed to his greatness

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pat Haden was so underrated.

Den:
200w.gif

PARAM

Hall of Fame
There are many reasons I could not stand Pat Haden and one of those reasons was he was responsible for getting Allen fired in 1978 and campaigned for Malavasi to be the Head Coach. One of the many reasons that Vince Ferragamo will always be my favorite Rams QB was that he replaced Pat Haden.
I hated Haden as the Rams QB. I was a huge James Harris fan. I liked the Polish Rifle too.....until he got to Philly. And of course Ferragamo. But I had new-found respect for Haden as an announcer. He was good but self effacing. One of the things I remember him saying, when his partner commented on his QB prowess with the Rams......"All I had to do was hand off the ball!!"

As far as Avenger's original premise.....I was pissed that the Rams lost SB36 not to a better team but to A TEAM. And they lost because they were cocky and over confident. No other reason. The Rams came out to individual introductions......SB Champs from 2 years previous.....while the Patriots were introduced as a team......then there's Proehl screaming into the camera...."A dynasty is being born tonight". How fooking accurate was that?

More controversy?

I love Dick Vermeil. Got to watch him in his first NFL head coaching job in Philly. He was a great coach. A player's coach. Loved his guys. To this day his Eagles still stay in contract with him and would lay their body on the line TODAY, if he asked them. But he was a quitter. Quit on the Eagles. Quit on the Rams. And maybe that's why he could never get over the hump in KC. A two time quitter who couldn't quite convince his team like he could at the first two stops. But I still love and respect the guy as much as anybody.

The best Rams RB?
Runner: ED
All around back: Faulk
Toughest: SJ
My favorite: Gurley (honorable mention: McCutcheon)...both #30

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bulger over Warner was the correct move. We see what Kurt did in AZ years later, but he needed time.

Goff completely held the team back in 2020 and with one of ten other QBs, we win it all that year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bulger over Warner was the correct move. We see what Kurt did in AZ years later, but he needed time.

Goff completely held the team back in 2020 and with one of ten other QBs, we win it all that year.
Or he just a needed a damn glove in St Louis That was Kurt's secret in Zona.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we had kept Ron Jaworski, the Rams would have won a couple of Super Bowls in the 70's and it would have changed the entire history of the Rams, via the butterfly effect. It would have changed all of our draft picks over the years. Different coaches would have been hired and fired, as well as GM's. The Rams may have never left Los Angeles. Except, we probably still get John Robinson as HC in the 80's, because he was a hot coaching prospect from USC in those years.

@den-the-coach approves.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This year? I think the Rams will be good this year and I haven't given up on them like a lot of people have.

Historically? Eric Dickerson ran behind one of the best OL's ever and that as much as his natural talent contributed to his greatness
I think Emmit Smith was the biggest beneficiary of a great line in NFL history.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sam Bradford could’ve been the greatest QB in our history, were it not for injuries and horrid coaching.

Steven Jackson was our best running back, and should be in the Hall.
I can get behind the 1st, kid was ruined.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hated Haden as the Rams QB. I was a huge James Harris fan. I liked the Polish Rifle too.....until he got to Philly. And of course Ferragamo. But I had new-found respect for Haden as an announcer. He was good but self effacing. One of the things I remember him saying, when his partner commented on his QB prowess with the Rams......"All I had to do was hand off the ball!!"

As far as Avenger's original premise.....I was pissed that the Rams lost SB36 not to a better team but to A TEAM. And they lost because they were cocky and over confident. No other reason. The Rams came out to individual introductions......SB Champs from 2 years previous.....while the Patriots were introduced as a team......then there's Proehl screaming into the camera...."A dynasty is being born tonight". How fooking accurate was that?

More controversy?

I love Dick Vermeil. Got to watch him in his first NFL head coaching job in Philly. He was a great coach. A player's coach. Loved his guys. To this day his Eagles still stay in contract with him and would lay their body on the line TODAY, if he asked them. But he was a quitter . Quit on the Eagles. Quit on the Rams. And maybe that's why he could never get over the hump in KC. A two time quitter who couldn't quite convince his team like he could at the first two stops. But I still love and respect the guy as much as anybody.

The best Rams RB?
Runner: ED
All around back: Faulk
Toughest: SJ
My favorite: Gurley (honorable mention: McCutcheon)...both #30
I love quitters,,, ~ @den-the-coach

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I love quitters,,, ~ @den-the-coach
Well I can say this much. I have been a Rams fan for 56 years. Over that time they have gone 456-444-8 (including postseason) with just 2 Championships. Ironically the two coaches who brought those championships were a quitter and a coach who thought he wanted to quit. I'll take the quitters over the "no more 7-9, yebbit, yebbit, yebbit" bullshitters!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I love Dick Vermeil. Got to watch him in his first NFL head coaching job in Philly. He was a great coach. A player's coach. Loved his guys. To this day his Eagles still stay in contract with him and would lay their body on the line TODAY, if he asked them. But he was a quitter. Quit on the Eagles. Quit on the Rams. And maybe that's why he could never get over the hump in KC. A two time quitter who couldn't quite convince his team like he could at the first two stops. But I still love and respect the guy as much as anybody.
As to Haden the announcer I guess I never could get past his career with the Rams. I even met him once, when my son was touring Notre Dame, seemed very nice and took the time to introduce himself and I just couldn't get past the memories.

Never looked upon Vermeil that way, but you make good points. As to him leaving the Rams, IMO, I think he felt the time was right and after a couple months, he realized he made a mistake and it was too late. The choice of Greg Robinson as his DC doomed him in Kansas City, but when everyone thought if the Rams lost Martz the offense would be gone, but Al Saunders ran it nice in KC and with more running.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll take the quitters over the "no more 7-9, yebbit, yebbit, yebbit" bullshitters!
And the Harland Svare's. Doing my research I always found it comical that former Ram owner Daniel Farrell Reeves once quipped: "I had more fun losing with Harland Svare, then I ever had winning with George Allen." Allen must of truly been a PIA.

Tano

Legend

Goff had his issues with McVay at the end there but Blythe and Evans (in the GB game) also contributed heavily to the Rams not winning it all

Look at what happened to Stafford last year when Kolone was center and Evans was the LG

Yes I am comparing Blythe to Kolone a tad bit.

Blythe was better than Kolone but when it was 3rd and long - he either got pushed back into Goff really fast or was a turnstyle

And Evans ... Evans did in the GB game what he did last year

Everyone focused on Goff not winning the GB game but I put a lot of it on Blythe and Evans - rewatch the game - you will see what I am talking about especially when it was 2nd down and long or 3rd down and long

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I can say this much. I have been a Rams fan for 56 years. Over that time they have gone 456-444-8 (including postseason) with just 2 Championships. Ironically the two coaches who brought those championships were a quitter and a coach who thought he wanted to quit. I'll take the quitters over the "no more 7-9, yebbit, yebbit, yebbit" bullshitters!
Well I'm the rookie here I guess (only a Rams fan for 54 years without interruption). If we hold Vermeil to a standard that if a guy "retires" as also being a quitter, I don't know if that is fair. Yes, he later realized he made a mistake by retiring too early after watching Martz move into his job and so he went to the Chefs. Is every retiree a quitter? I don't think that is a fair assessment.

We don't really know if McVay was going to quit or if it was a ploy for some benefit.