WR trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The desire for McVay is for a red zone weapon… be it Mike Evans or Brock Bowers or someone else. If there’s a red zone weapon being slept on because they don’t have the best speed or maybe had a freak injury and their team doesn’t have the patience, I can see us scouring the TC cuts for a possible diamond in the rough

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Has there been a time when McVay has only carried 5 WRs on the roster? I can't recall that ever happening. I remember 6 and even 7 one or two years. But only 5? Makes sense not to running 11 personnel about 90% of the time.
Fair enough. I didn't go back and verify but I thought we've at least discussed the possibility before if that did not actually happen. Maybe I'm flat out wrong and was thinking about another position.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Fair enough. I didn't go back and verify but I thought we've at least discussed the possibility before if that did not actually happen. Maybe I'm flat out wrong and was thinking about another position.
With them likely keeping 3 QBs. After Garrapola's suspension is over, they need to go light somewhere.

Then again, maybe they only go with 2 QBs after week 2. At least the initial roster will have 2 QBs and will buy them a little time before they have to decide on the QB numbers and possibly WR numbers.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm actually not of the thinking that we are wide receiver rich we have bodies but the two main ones do get knicked or worse here and there. There is a reason the rams were "in" on Mike Evans andxwanted another pass catcher in Brock bowers for tightend so wouldn't surprise me for them to be in on a receiver at all even a bigger name. Also let's not forget that puka and coop play kind of similar games.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I also believe the Rams are going with more 12 personnel this year with 2 TE's and 2 WR's so you have to factor that in too.
Interesting. What makes you think so?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Tee Higgens hasn't signed his franchise tag or shown up for any OTAs. To bad we don't have our second next year. He would put this WR room up to the best in the league and give Stafford that big downfield and redzone threat they have been looking for. Of course to resign him that would probably mean we can't afford to keep Kupp for much longer.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Tee Higgens hasn't signed his franchise tag or shown up for any OTAs. To bad we don't have our second next year. He would put this WR room up to the best in the league and give Stafford that big downfield and redzone threat they have been looking for. Of course to resign him that would probably mean we can't afford to keep Kupp for much longer.
He would take up a lot of cap space. Can we afford someone like him before Donald's contract is off the books?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Interesting. What makes you think so?
With the retooling of the Offensive Line I believe the Rams are more committed to the run game and with that, IMO, the 12 personnel with an extra TE aids more in the run game. Now McVay's schemes require the WR's to block, but IMO, having Parkinson & Allen or Long in the game would provide some better opportunities for Williams & Corum so my feeling is more 12 personnel with an increase in running the football.

Plus TE's Coach Nick Caley is the new Pass Game Coordinator so I also expect some play action passes to the TE's in the set too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure it would be tough with Stafford wanting more money but where theres a will theres a way.
When has Stafford said he wants more money?
All I saw was that he wants more guaranteed money, which doesnt affect the cap one bit. If he's paid say 40 mill, it doesnt change the cap if it was guaranteed or not

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
When has Stafford said he wants more money?
All I saw was that he wants more guaranteed money, which doesnt affect the cap one bit. If he's paid say 40 mill, it doesnt change the cap if it was guaranteed or not

I can't add any links at this point but I've read countless articles and have heard on podcast that he's wanting his contract to be bumped up to what all these guys are getting that haven't won superbowls and aren't as good as he is. Maybe it won't affect the cap I don't know I just know he wants whats owed to him.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
With the retooling of the Offensive Line I believe the Rams are more committed to the run game and with that, IMO, the 12 personnel with an extra TE aids more in the run game. Now McVay's schemes require the WR's to block, but IMO, having Parkinson & Allen or Long in the game would provide some better opportunities for Williams & Corum so my feeling is more 12 personnel with an increase in running the football.

Plus TE's Coach Nick Caley is the new Pass Game Coordinator so I also expect some play action passes to the TE's in the set too.
Thanks for the explanation.

Although, I am wondering if the 11 personnel brings on more NIckel coverage and lighter Boxes than the 12 personnel.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
also believe the Rams are going with more 12 personnel this year with 2 TE's and 2 WR's

Having that same exact thought.
We have the horses in the backfield, we have the oline to have powerful run game.
With Allen developing and with Parkinson already known as a blocking machine.
I also think Parkinson will be a pleasant surprise in passing game.

12 personnel that has all of these things and at least one TE who can hurt a defense in
the pass game can be absolutely devastating for defenses.

No need to mention WR's. We know we have 2 studs.

Hoping to see this as well Coach Den.