WR trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsinNV

UDFA
I saw this idea floated by Memphis awhile back and since we have nothing much to talk about why not. Saw this on NFLtraderumors trade block page:

Treylon Burks for a 5th round pick /(which the Rams don’t have right now anyway) late round pick swap?

IMG_7274.jpeg

View: https://youtu.be/JLgI8Gz_Re8?si=-dAqG5_yGN-erqPA

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add to a thread of it’s own.

There was 2 ram fan youtubers who are actually almost as bad as the next one.The reason is there knowledge lacks & trying to create to much context.

They did make a good point about The Rams WR’s. Oldschool was a draftnik guy here wanting a WR in the draft.I’d say I always said The Rams would draft someone from U-TEXAS. Sarc (sc)is there Les had a son that was going there.

I guess the good point was The Rams WR & who was going to get cut or traded.The FUNNY thing is the disrespect Tutu Atwell gets as a RAM !! Yes he might have been over picked & not worth The 2nd rd pick.The thing is is he has improved each season.

—Ben Sko was the odd player out after Jordan Whittington was drafted by The Rams.That’s because if The Rams respect for Ben Sko.He was no longer a value as a WR.He was going to get CUT & Mcvay is a WE first guy who takes care of his players over TEAM. That is because TRUST is huge.The Rams are always looking out for the betterment of there players as people.They try to stay open honest vs. the sacrifice of TEAM.

Simple answer to where The Rams are at is that they have CAP SPACE.They can pick up a player before the Trade Dead Line for good value.The problem might be Matthew Stafford knowing The Money on The Tables is for 2024 Players.He wants his Guaranteed.I don’t know how that effects the Team ? Truth is though is The Rams are good at WR.
Laap,Stoops,Wig, and Smith will battle if out for depth & practice squad. Whittington will be a Core Special Teams guy.That is where Ben Sko was no longer needed.Jordan has 4 years as a Ram.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Are we a WR needy team?

If Kupp and Nacua can each play a full season, the Rams are not a WR-needy team.

However, can they each play a full season?

These guys are great. They make tough, contested catches and then fight for every yard. Kupp and Nacua take a beating for that. Stafford will throw into tight windows. Kupp and Nacua also take additional hits for that.

Kupp has missed games and played hurt, Nacua sat out practices last season because he was banged-up. Personally, I don't see these two guys playing a full season ... sure hope I am wrong.

If either one misses 4-6 games, that will impact the Offense. I would love for the Rams to add a solid veteran wide receiver ... and, Hunter Renfrow would be a great addition in my opinion.

That's why I liked the Corum pick so much. If Kyren Williams can play 17 games, the Rams don't need Corum. However, I think it's unlikely Williams can play a full season. Having Corum may mean little-to-no drop-off

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Literally every position is a need with this criteria isn't it?
That's not how I see it.

I Expect Byron Young and Jared Verse to start at Edge. I don't Expect either to get injured but they might.

I Expect the two Kamrens (Curl and Kinchens) to start at Safety. I don't Expect either to get injured but might.

Given their histories, the positions that they play, the way they are utilized, and, ESPECIALLY, the way they play ... I DO EXPECT Cooper Kupp, Puka Nacua and Kyren Williams to miss some time with injuries. Hope not!

And the loss of any one of those three players could have a major impact on the Offense ... which, I believe, the Rams are counting-on for a successful season.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So Burks isn't in the Titans long term plans? And he's a good trade target? I was watching a Eagles piece yesterday and the guy was saying Burks would be a good piece for them to pick up since Parker signed and retired. His theory on Parker's retirement was "he probably figured he was going to be too low on the depth chart". #1 AJ Brown; #2 DeVonta Smith; #3 ?????? Ainas Smith??? #4 DeVonte Parker? They signed Ross right after Parker announced his retirement. So Burks is gonna be a better choice? A guy with 49 receptions his first 2 years? Where would he be on the Rams depth chart?
#1 Kupp; #2 Nacua; #3 DRob; #4 Atwell; #5 Whittington?

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
That's not how I see it.

I Expect Byron Young and Jared Verse to start at Edge. I don't Expect either to get injured but they might.

I Expect the two Kamrens (Curl and Kinchens) to start at Safety. I don't Expect either to get injured but might.

Given their histories, the positions that they play, the way they are utilized, and, ESPECIALLY, the way they play ... I DO EXPECT Cooper Kupp, Puka Nacua and Kyren Williams to miss some time with injuries. Hope not!

And the loss of any one of those three players could have a major impact on the Offense ... which, I believe, the Rams are counting-on for a successful season.
add Stafford to the list

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
add Stafford to the list
Which is why starting Last Season with Brett Rypien as the back-up-QB was a mistake that almost cost the Rams a playoff-spot.

Stafford is an older QB and tough as nails. He will hang in the pocket, and take a hit. And those qualities, while admirable, make injuries more likely.

This year, the Rams have a quality veteran back-up quarterback. And they have Blake Corum at RB #2.

What they don't have is quality depth at WR. Demarcus Robinson does not count because the Rams usually are in three-WR-sets. The depth at WR is Atwell and Whittington. If Kupp or Nacua are out for multiple games, the Rams take a big hit at wide receiver, and that could mean a big hit to the Offense ... in my opinion.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What they don't have is quality depth at WR. Demarcus Robinson does not count because the Rams usually are in three-WR-sets. The depth at WR is Atwell and Whittington. If Kupp or Nacua are out for multiple games, the Rams take a big hit at wide receiver, and that could mean a big hit to the Offense ... in my opinion.
IMO, I believe the Rams can deal with an injury to Kupp or Nacua, but not both. I also believe the Rams are going with more 12 personnel this year with 2 TE's and 2 WR's so you have to factor that in too.

Also I like Atwell more than you, he catches everything that comes his way and if the QB's could actually be more consistent on their deep throw, Atwell would have had more big plays. As is, he was responsible for many interference penalties. If Jordan Whittington stays healthy, he will be an asset too.

As to making a trade for a WR, the Rams currently only have three WR's under contract in 2025, so I could see a trade for that reason, but I believe if they make a deal, it will be for Courtland Sutton of the Broncos.

RamsinNV

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burks might be available for such a low return because he has put up only 49 receptions in 2 years and wasn’t drafted by the new coach. Titans started Tannehill, Malik Willis and Josh Dobbs at QB in 2022. And Tannehill and Levis in 2023. I feel like this matters as a lot of things need to happen right for a WR to get the ball in his hands. Situation is critical for a WR. Had Kupp not been injured last year what sort of start to the season might Nacua have had? Burks is a big bodied WR who was drafted in the first round for a reason. Undoubtedly a bust thus far, but I see a lot of untapped talent for a guy who would not need to be an immediate starter on this team. He could learn the system and be a starter on this team next year. Plus he has a fifth year option. I think he’d fit in nicely with this three year window the Rams have opened.

Rams don’t have a 5th round pick next year but they have three 6th round picks I believe. Would you give up a 6th round pick straight up for the chance for this guy can turn around his career in this system?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
IMO, I believe the Rams can deal with an injury to Kupp or Nacua, but not both. I also believe the Rams are going with more 12 personnel this year with 2 TE's and 2 WR's so you have to factor that in too.

Also I like Atwell more than you, he catches everything that comes his way and if the QB's could actually be more consistent on their deep throw, Atwell would have had more big plays. As is, he was responsible for many interference penalties. If Jordan Whittington stays healthy, he will be an asset too.

As to making a trade for a WR, the Rams currently only have three WR's under contract in 2025, so I could see a trade for that reason, but I believe if they make a deal, it will be for Courtland Sutton of the Broncos.
I have been hoping for more two-TE sets ever since Everett left in free agency in 2021. Hope you're right.

I like Atwell. Not sure how much Stafford likes throwing to him. Is it a lack of confidence from Stafford, or is he just not getting separation ... or both? Regardless, don't see Atwell as a good fit for either Kupp or Nacua should they go down.

Fingers crossed on Whittington but he is an unknown.

Don't see Sutton as a fit with Kupp and Nacua as the #1 and #2; and he will be looking for a pretty big contract. For me, a solid veteran receiver is ideal (and affordable) insurance. The way Robinson was last year.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
So Burks isn't in the Titans long term plans? And he's a good trade target? I was watching a Eagles piece yesterday and the guy was saying Burks would be a good piece for them to pick up since Parker signed and retired. His theory on Parker's retirement was "he probably figured he was going to be too low on the depth chart". #1 AJ Brown; #2 DeVonta Smith; #3 ?????? Ainas Smith??? #4 DeVonte Parker? They signed Ross right after Parker announced his retirement. So Burks is gonna be a better choice? A guy with 49 receptions his first 2 years? Where would he be on the Rams depth chart?
#1 Kupp; #2 Nacua; #3 DRob; #4 Atwell; #5 Whittington?
I only mentioned Burks as a possible option given the Rams rumored interest in a bigger WR (Courtland Sutton, Mike Evans) this offseason and the Rams rumored interest in him the year he was drafted. His still being on a cheaper rookie contract seems nice, too.

His spot on the depth chart? I'd assume that he'd be either #5 or #6 initially. But, with the potential to eventually crack the top 3.

IMO, Burks got a raw deal in being unfairly asked to immediately replace A.J. Brown. His 49 receptions during his first couple of season are more than what both Atwell and Robinson had during their first couple of seasons with far better QB play and in far better offenses.

The kids got a new front office and coaching staff that didn't draft him and methinks he might turn out to be a Kevin Doston type steal of a trade for the team. But with a cheap two years left on his rookie contract and a 5th year option if he pans out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not how I see it.

Our top 2 RB, OT, OG, CB etc etc etc go down we have a problem. Not just WR's and that's not even mentioning QB.