“Wow, these guys are superstars.” OL Bobby Evans’ first impression of the big leagues

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He could push for a starting spot at G right away... but at the very least he’s our 2019 version of Noteboom.

The goal being perhaps to season him up, but at the very least a target to start at some point... with a lot of flexibility.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope you’re right. On one clip NFL Network played of Evans, he was pulling right from LT and he ran like an unathletic 8 year old girl playing soccer to his assignment.

You're breaking our golden rule of only watching video clips, but that's all you can do now. When you have the time, you-tube the game against Alabama and watch him. Also keep in mind, he's a better RT than LT, but being able to play LT is a plus.

I want to thank @OldSchool for his twitter ability and OL Coach Aaron Kromer said that his son Zak worked with Evans and knows him too so that's a plus. Again I think many of us soured on Austin Blythe because of the Super Bowl and wanted to see someone else at RG and let Blythe & Brian Allen battle it out at Center, but we forget how good Blythe was throughout the year.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Not at all. And there are amazing girls who are lighting up the pitch, no doubt. But if you’ve ever watched an average game of AYSO soccer with young kids, especially girls, they tend to run in packs...if you call that running. By 10-11, the skills tend to even out, but in the younger brackets, I dunno.

My youngest son when he played also ran like that, so it’s not exclusively a gender thing. Just an unathletic thing.

I hope Evans is better than the little I’ve seen. Like...way better.

With respect, then why even add “girl” to your unathletic 8 year old comment. It’s so archaic to use the “like a girl” sports misnomer, you end up just looking out of date and out of touch. You even acknowledged your own son runs the same way. Let’s be better as a society, change starts with ourselves.

Regarding the pick, not the OL I thought we would take but Kromer has earned the right to get his guy. If he sees something in Evans then I’ll trust him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s be better as a society, change starts with ourselves.

But that also means not hanging on every word looking to be offended. That’s a change I’d like to see and necessary for any meaningful discussion. We seem to be losing that as social media has grown.

But anyhow...Back to topic. Not directed at you. Just a comment from a guy who enjoys debate.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.therams.com/news/rams-cap-third-round-action-with-trade-and-ol-bobby-evans

Rams cap third round action with trade and OL Bobby Evans
By Clarence Dennis

The Rams picked a bit earlier than anticipated at the end of the third round, swapping their No. 101 and No. 133 selections to the Patriots for No. 97 and No. 162.

po8prkdvfr9afxd2lzhu.jpg

Los Angeles welcomed offensive lineman Bobby Evans out of the University of Oklahoma to the NFL with their No. 97-overall pick — rounding out four total prospects added in the top-100 for general manager Les Snead and his staff.

Evans redshirted his freshman season in Norman, Okla. before playing three full seasons for the Sooners, two at right tackle, one at left tackle. He earned All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors in his redshirt freshman and sophomore seasons, before he was named the nation’s top offensive lineman, winning the Moore Award as a redshirt junior.

Evans said he looks forward to joining the defending NFC Champs and the established “winning culture” in L.A in an emotional phone call with the Los Angeles media.

“This is the first time I’ve seen my dad cry in a long time,” he said between sniffles.

The 6-foot-4, 312-pound tackle should be welcomed with open arms in Los Angeles, after line lost both left guard Rodger Saffold and center John Sullivan in free agency.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
He will start in 2020 at guard
Great feet, natural strength, long arms--known communicator. Can back up Havenstein.
Has all of Saffold's traits....
Also Zac Taylor worked with him for a few years, knows him...Rams know exactly what they are getting.
He may end up being a top 3 guard from this draft in the end...just like Saff.

Yup I expect him or Noteboom to slide into Saff's spot. Note's got the exp to fit in there this year, and maybe move out to LT when Whit retires. But of course the Rams will move a few OL around in preseason to see what works. Possibly Note gets more snaps at LT this year to rest Whit and gain exp. I wouldn't be surprised at all where the new kids end up eventually so I'm open to anything that works.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I was reading evaluations of these guys and the one I was reading said Evans could be the heir apparent to Whit. Huh? Where did that come from? I figured this must be some espn writer who knows nothing about the Rams, turns out it was Rams beat writer Thiry, maybe she knows something, or maybe not.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
But that also means not hanging on every word looking to be offended. That’s a change I’d like to see and necessary for any meaningful discussion. We seem to be losing that as social media has grown.

But anyhow...Back to topic. Not directed at you. Just a comment from a guy who enjoys debate.

As someone who also enjoys debate, let me assure you no one was looking to be offended. I simply asked the poster, “Why?”. Why add that riccochet shot to female athletes? The poster clarified their perspective did not reflect their use of the “play like a girl” misnomer so why even add gender to their statement of unathleticism in the first place? “Unathletic 8 year old” would’ve easily driven the point home just as well.

The more we continue to allow normalization of this speech the more our unintended biases continue to perpetuate. Let’s start by removing this type of language in our every day speech to say “the buck stops here” with these false narratives. No one is offended, I am just encouraging my fellow Rams brethren to occasionally pause and be accountable for their words. This is how a society continues to grow — not by doing/saying the same things over and over again and then proclaiming wild offense whenever someone calls you out on it.

Anyways, that’s my final word on it. Not attacking either party just simply asking you to stop and think of the weight of the words you choose.

Back to scheduled programming...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With respect, then why even add “girl” to your unathletic 8 year old comment. It’s so archaic to use the “like a girl” sports misnomer, you end up just looking out of date and out of touch. You even acknowledged your own son runs the same way. Let’s be better as a society, change starts with ourselves.

Regarding the pick, not the OL I thought we would take but Kromer has earned the right to get his guy. If he sees something in Evans then I’ll trust him.

You’re right. The picture I had in my head was a pack of girls in pigtails not so much playing soccer as a sport, but just having fun. I really wasn’t trying to focus on gender, but it came out that way.

And I agree that Kromer’s confidence helps me to have faith when I might not otherwise

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Sounds like a backup on the right side (which, we really didn't have any depth there). If he surprised in camp... could he push Blythe to center and Allen as a main backup?

Ya I love this pick, because I felt Blythe is the weak link and needs to be a key back up for us. Sounds like we know a ton about him, so I wouldn't be shocked if he's a surprise starter early this season. But for sure a I think he's our future at RG. A great mauler who can combo block and get to the second level w/ ease

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He will start in 2020 at guard
Great feet, natural strength, long arms--known communicator. Can back up Havenstein.
Has all of Saffold's traits....
Also Zac Taylor worked with him for a few years, knows him...Rams know exactly what they are getting.
He may end up being a top 3 guard from this draft in the end...just like Saff.

How does he compare to Ford ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You're breaking our golden rule of only watching video clips, but that's all you can do now. When you have the time, you-tube the game against Alabama and watch him. Also keep in mind, he's a better RT than LT, but being able to play LT is a plus.

I want to thank @OldSchool for his twitter ability and OL Coach Aaron Kromer said that his son Zak worked with Evans and knows him too so that's a plus. Again I think many of us soured on Austin Blythe because of the Super Bowl and wanted to see someone else at RG and let Blythe & Brian Allen battle it out at Center, but we forget how good Blythe was throughout the year.

Zach knows the coaches at Oklahoma well. Gets an inside view from people he trusts.

Ants

Starter
I just don't get the description of Evans having "plodding feet".
Go on YouTube and watch some video. Now, I'm not saying that he looks like a CB out there. But he seems to move smoothly to me and gets himself into good position. No, he doesn't high-step and leap around out there...but he has NO trouble getting to where he needs to be.

Ants

Starter
As someone who also enjoys debate, let me assure you no one was looking to be offended. I simply asked the poster, “Why?”. Why add that riccochet shot to female athletes? The poster clarified their perspective did not reflect their use of the “play like a girl” misnomer so why even add gender to their statement of unathleticism in the first place? “Unathletic 8 year old” would’ve easily driven the point home just as well.

The more we continue to allow normalization of this speech the more our unintended biases continue to perpetuate. Let’s start by removing this type of language in our every day speech to say “the buck stops here” with these false narratives. No one is offended, I am just encouraging my fellow Rams brethren to occasionally pause and be accountable for their words. This is how a society continues to grow — not by doing/saying the same things over and over again and then proclaiming wild offense whenever someone calls you out on it.

Anyways, that’s my final word on it. Not attacking either party just simply asking you to stop and think of the weight of the words you choose.

Back to scheduled programming...

In case you didn't know - boys and girls are NOT the same.
Learn it, know it, live it.
If the dude runs like a girl, then he runs like a girl. (But he doesn't).