Would you trade two firsts for Cam Newton?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you trade two firsts for Cam Newton?

• Yes

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 67.3%

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. He did not have the best weapons in the game. But then I never said he did.
That does not change the fact that his receivers bailed him out NUMEROUS times during that period.
His positive stats during that time are deceiving.

If that's the case, there are a lot of QBs bailed out by their weapons.

His positive stats are not deceiving. I must continue to disagree. The guy has played well.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If that's the case, there are a lot of QBs bailed out by their weapons.

His positive stats are not deceiving. I must continue to disagree. The guy has played well.

Well, I also disagree.
He's played well in streaks, but his early stats are deceiving.
I believe my own eyes on that one.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No thanks. With our luck his whole body would fall apart next season after this car injury...and Bradford will be throwing TD's for Arizona.
Too steep a price bottom line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I also disagree.
He's played well in streaks, but his early stats are deceiving.
I believe my own eyes on that one.

And I believe mine. I was living in Carolina Panther territory(as small as that territory is lol) at the time.

He's always played well in streaks. But his stats only reflect that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I said no only because I'd wanna know the full extent of the back injury and the rehab. That's important especially for a player like Cam.

Also, I don't see Schotty going anywhere and we really need someone who knows the offense. As we've seen, guys just don't come in and get the Schotty offense. It takes time and this team is primed to win next year.

That said, Cam's an exceptional player. If Schotty could learn from how the Seahawks use Wilson and incorporate some of those CONCEPTS into his offense, then...and only then... I could see it being an amazing thing.

If they just were to bring Cam Newton in and expect him to run the offense like Hill does... Yeah, I can't see that being much different than what we have with Hill. It's taken Schotty awhile to use Tavon because Tavon needed to adapt to "the offense".

Which I don't understand. Going back ages, you could always ask a guy, "do a 9" and he'd run a fly or go route. He didn't need to even know what team he was on... just run fast and catch the ball and keep running. It was a way to use talent and break a guy in. Schotty, like McDaniel, but not nearly as bad, doesn't do that.

Which is why I said no.

NOT because of anything Cam Newton isn't. He is...worthy and if supported properly here could with all this talent lead this team to a Lombardi trophy...multiples, actually, imho.

But, that would require changes like I mentioned to the offense.

And since I don't think they are going to make those changes... I wouldn't do it.

Which is also why I think Sam Bradford is really our only hope. He's the only guy with the talent and the knowledge of the offense to get us where we need to be. Now, I'm not making any statements about Bradford's chance's for durability or even being ready for the start of camp, let alone the season.

Just saying that the way it looks now, unless something changes with Schotty, we're looking at Bradford, Hill (maybe) and a draftee...