Why isn’t Speights playing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
The problems go way beyond the middle linebackers. Too many mistakes. Missed assignments. Missed tackles. Bad angles on attempted tackles. There is no one person coming to save this defense. They are what they are. Its not just one or two positions.
Yeah but two replacements may help a lot.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are beating a dead horse. EJ is in Tennessee. Rams moved on from him. Nothing is going to change that fact. He’s not coming back. Move on.
Yeah… I got that. We all got that.

What I won’t move on from is the consistently poor play by our LBs. It’s inexcusable.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
For those of you who say Reeder and Roseboom were the 2nd and 3rd leading tacklers in the game; I say how many of those tackles were within three yards of the line of scrimmage?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
For those of you who say Reeder and Roseboom were the 2nd and 3rd leading tacklers in the game; I say how many of those tackles were within three yards of the line of scrimmage?
as many tackles as JLau had, he was always making them from behind.
this is getting ridiculous. this EJ trade hurts more & more with every L.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If I watch Reeder & Rozeboom starting one more game, I am going to get sick,.
Sick Vomit GIF by Gogglebox Australia

DeaconJones

Rookie
Is our obsession with playing Speights based on Snead's pre-cutdown comment that not only would Speights be on the team but on the game day rosters? He might have brought unneeded attention to the kid with that statement.

If he truly is not better than Rozeboom at this time then he still as a long way to go.

Remember in St. Louis everyone screaming for the Rams to bench Bulger for the legendary Keith Null (and void)?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I watch Reeder & Rozeboom starting one more game, I am going to get sick,.
Sick Vomit GIF by Gogglebox Australia
Diggin that manly hairline. And his wife is drinking the hard shit to endure her husband's disgust. That's a marriage that's working right there.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Is our obsession with playing Speights based on Snead's pre-cutdown comment that not only would Speights be on the team but on the game day rosters? He might have brought unneeded attention to the kid with that statement.

If he truly is not better than Rozeboom at this time then he still as a long way to go.

Remember in St. Louis everyone screaming for the Rams to bench Bulger for the legendary Keith Null (and void)?
don't disagree, Speights playing too soon could actually be worse.
rn letting EJ go looks to be the problem, and a mistake we just can't fix.
Gonna get bumpy until we do.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Speights playing too soon could actually be worse.
Doubtful. Going off what I saw in preseason I would say at worst he'll be about as marginal as Reeder. But he will cover more distance and give you better tackling in space. Or maybe he'll be a rare gem. We are overdue to unearth something like that at ILB. Hasn't happened since Fletcher.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Doubtful. Going off what I saw in preseason I would say at worst he'll be about as marginal as Reeder. But he will cover more distance and give you better tackling in space. Or maybe he'll be a rare gem. We are overdue to unearth something like that at ILB. Hasn't happened since Fletcher.
True, least we could do at this point is try. He *could* be worse, but how much worse? and he could actually be better.
His tape don't lie, when I saw this kid stand up a charging RB, I was like, that's our MLB right there.
But I know the NFL game is more complicated. It's possible if JJIII gets back, he could take the green dot (has before) and help OS get lined up correctly.

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
Honestly there is no reason Speights should be on the bench. Minimally he should be rotated in, even if it's with Reeder...I just don't get what the coaching staff isn't seeing

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Honestly there is no reason Speights should be on the bench. Minimally he should be rotated in, even if it's with Reeder...I just don't get what the coaching staff isn't seeing
I'm thinking it's Reeder's "green dot". EJ wore it, and apparently no one else can fill this role.

dang

Legend
I’ll concede Speights isn’t the answer…yet…but what can the Rams do to improve the run stop at the LOS and pass coverage in the short middle.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know this is late but I want to give my two cents on the Earnest Jones debacle. The Rams obviously thought EJ was milking the knee issue during training camp. My only concern was whether or not the Rams warned him before trading him. I personally don't think they did, based on EJ's comments. I get the "we not me" team culture... I just hope the Rams were "open and honest" with him because I really don't think he wanted to be traded, and that trade has been horrible for this team. A good middle linebacker (and defensive leader) would make a huge differehce in this team. JMO.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I’ll concede Speights isn’t the answer…yet…but what can the Rams do to improve the run stop at the LOS and pass coverage in the short middle.
Trade for a true NT. Neither Brown, Tyler Davis or Neville Gallimore are getting the job done.