Why isn’t Speights playing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
If coverage is the main concern Hummel should play.
If athleticism is the concern the Speights and Hummel should play.
Truth is, flashing a bit in preseason often means nothing.
Cam Kinchens looked good in preseason and was totally lost and over his head in real games.
Reeder and Rozeboom often not getting off blocks and giving up 5 yard runs may be fine compared to a rookie misreading a play, leaving a huge gap and giving up a 50 yard TD run.
If Reeder is having hamstring issues then this would be the week he should get on the field for meaningful snaps.
I did notice Braden Jackson getting reps vs the Raiders.

El Chapo Jr

Legend
So according to PFF.... Reeder almost average.

Rozeboom almost below average.

Definitively not a strength of the roster.
Yeah, that's why it doesn't hurt to try to rotate the kids in. I mean they tried Kichens and pulled him once he fucked up too much. I saw let Speights get a few more plays/series in. He'll either sink or swim, not like well see anything different if he blows hahaha

RamWoodie

Legend
My bottom line is when and where you can, you give backups time in the game so you can coach them up. That way if they have to play due to injury, they have some clue out there. LB is a tough position to play, and like has been said pre-season doesn't mean a whole lot, it's a player's overall ability that earns them a spot on the team.

DzRams

Starter
Name
Desmal M
So according to PFF.... Reeder almost average.

Rozeboom almost below average.

Definitively not a strength of the roster.
To put a finer point on PFF's metrics, here is where they rank compared to other LBs with at least 50% of the snaps.

Reeder 38th out of 52
Rozeboom 47th out of 52

Reeder is slightly below average. Rozeboom is near the bottom of the league.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
To put a finer point on PFF's metrics, here is where they rank compared to other LBs with at least 50% of the snaps.

Reeder 38th out of 52
Rozeboom 47th out of 52

Reeder is slightly below average. Rozeboom is near the bottom of the league.

PFF is a joke. Both are puke

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah? PFF reflects that. Their rankings look pretty accurate to me. Rozeboom is much worse than Reeder even though Reeder is us fan's favorite whipping boy.
That's like saying a Pacer is better that a Pinto because it doesn't have the gas tank next to the bumper. It is true, but who the fuck wants to drive a Pacer.

DzRams

Starter
Name
Desmal M
That's like saying a Pacer is better that a Pinto because it doesn't have the gas tank next to the bumper. It is true, but who the fuck wants to drive a Pacer.
Haha...I remember Pintos but not Pacers.

Yeah, they're both below average so upgrades at both spots would be great. But they're not on the same level. We'd see improvement if all we did was upgrade Rozeboom's spot now.