Why isn’t Speights playing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
He probably can’t pass pro he probably want play until after the bye he’s probably just kyren insuranve
So why not have him play in preseason, to help with that? We also don't ask our rbs to pass protect every play, there's roles in this offense that they were practicing in training camp that he could attribute to. It's an odd predicament.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
So why not have him play in preseason, to help with that? We also don't ask our rbs to pass protect every play, there's roles in this offense that they were practicing in training camp that he could attribute to. It's an odd predicament.
We don't run our actual offense in pre season. He can pass pro he did so at Mich, but is he ready to do so in this scheme? Those 2 things are unique to one another.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm fairly certain Corum was widely considered a good pass protector at Michigan. Baffling that he doesn't get some run.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He probably can’t pass pro he probably want play until after the bye he’s probably just kyren insuranve
I don’t really understand this. A ton of NFL rookie RBs are able to get a few carries without being Marshall Faulk at pass blocking.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The obvious conclusion with Speights is he isn't ready yet or we would at least see him in the game in some instances outside of teams.
It is only an obvious conclusion if you believe coaches are infallible. I think ours are quite good, but not quite that good.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Not to beat a dead horse, but it ties into the EJ trade. I’m just sick of abysmal LB play, and thought, if we’re trading our best LB, it’s because Speights is gonna be replacing him. Not guys we know are awful.
You are beating a dead horse. EJ is in Tennessee. Rams moved on from him. Nothing is going to change that fact. He’s not coming back. Move on.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The problems go way beyond the middle linebackers. Too many mistakes. Missed assignments. Missed tackles. Bad angles on attempted tackles. There is no one person coming to save this defense. They are what they are. Its not just one or two positions.