Which former Ram would you add to the 2024 Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you're thinking a deep threat to stretch-the-field ... Harold Jackson
I was too young to know Jackson. I had his football cards but I was too young to remember his game.

Flipper was pretty good at getting deep and stretching the field.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Without recent retirees and guys left the team IMO the only real answer is Orlando Pace. Even though it would be nice to see what McVay could do with Pace or Bruce give me some pancakes again on Sundays.
Agree...Pace would be perfect.

Would be great to have Stafford drop back and never have to worry about his blindside. Then add in Pace killing guys in the run game.

Perfect fit considering this current roster.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lots of great former Rams... Which one of them in their prime, added to the makeup of this team, puts us over the top?

Hmm…

Orlando Pace?
@RhodyRam and I think it's Marshall, Marshall, Marshall all day every day, and twice on Sunday! ~ @CGI_Ram

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was too young to know Jackson. I had his football cards but I was too young to remember his game.

I could have gone with Bucky Pope!

You probably knew him by his nick-name of the Catawba-Claw.

In his 1964 rookie season with the Rams, Pope averaged 31.4 yards-per-reception ... 31.4!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A prime S-Jax with this offensive line and quarterback would be unstoppable. We're talking about Beast Mode before Beast Mode, Derrick Henry before Derrick Henry, and with better hands than both of them combined.

And he'd get the Super Bowl he so richly deserves. So, my choice is S-Jax.
Have to admit would love to see Steven Jackson behind this OL & running through Fred Warner.

Tano

Legend
Den >> Pat Haden

There are so many

Deacon Jones
Merlin Olsen
Jack Youngblood
Kevin Greene
Monte Jackson
Pat Thomas
Rod Perry

Jackie Slater
Orlando Pace
Marshall Faulk
Stephen Jackson
Eric Dickerson
Todd Gurley
Etc Etc Etc

How cruel can you be to make me only pick one.

I will go with Orlando Pace because if Havenstein has issues this year, we still have AJ and Noteboom to back him up.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Have to admit would love to see Steven Jackson behind this OL & running through Fred Warner.

If Patrick Willis couldn’t stop him (only linebacker I’ve ever seen completely stiff and drive back S-Jax by himself was Urlacher), I can’t imagine Fred Warner could.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Jerry Gray
London Fletcher
Orlando Pace
Aeneas Williams

In terms of needed now vs favorites.
Not Necessarily in that order.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Didn't some whiner dude break his arm trying to tackle SJ39 ?!?!!!!
I'd go with SJ39 just for a repeat of that!!!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
SJ39 would be an amazing fit, and he deserves the success he’d finally have a chance to experience.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I could have gone with Bucky Pope!

You probably knew him by his nick-name of the Catawba-Claw.

In his 1964 rookie season with the Rams, Pope averaged 31.4 yards-per-reception ... 31.4!
Of the three whose game fits the modern NFL best?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I'll take Orlando Pace in his prime for $100 Alex.

Something this former Rams player would do.

What is give the LA Rams' current roster an unfair advantage over the rest of the NFL?

Yes. You control the board. Select again.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be London Fletcher on defense, and Ernie Conwell on offense. Greg Zuerline in his prime on special teams as well.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Jackson was a beast and Faulk was a freak but I'm going to have to go with the big man Orlando Pace! I would also like to give Kurt Warner some props.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Orlando Pace for me, too.
Loved Orlando Pace the pancake man. Played at Ohio State so I loved him there and then with my beloved Rams, it does not get any better then than.

The late great draft aficionado Joel Buchsbaum in his annual draft book listed this as a weakness for Orlando Pace.... "We do not know how he is going to react at the next level when he gets beat in pass protection because, he has never been beaten." Epic.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Of the three whose game fits the modern NFL best?
No idea. The Catawba Claw was before my time.

Harold Jackson was about 20 years before Flipper Anderson, so different periods in the NFL. However, thought Jackson was outstanding for a long period of time; and Anderson was very good for a shorter period of time.

Just went back to take a look at some stats; and Jackson had 13 straight productive seasons, to Anderson's six.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No idea. The Catawba Claw was before my time.

Harold Jackson was about 20 years before Flipper Anderson, so different periods in the NFL. However, thought Jackson was outstanding for a long period of time; and Anderson was very good for a shorter period of time.

Just went back to take a look at some stats; and Jackson had 13 straight productive seasons, to Anderson's six.
Agreed, Harold Jackson was one of the best and he only had one legitimate QB throwing to him in John Hadl and that was only in 1973.