Wheel of Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Episode 4 was pretty good, especially the ending. The battle scene was a little weak. I wish they stuck with the Ter'angreal concept instead of rings. So much of the magic looks the same. It was one of my favorite parts of the books and especially the video game. They don't address the different types of magic.

Episode five was a little slow. The end with Perrin and Egwene was fun. I expected more from the My save reunion with Rand and Matt though.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My wife loves this show. I watch it with her, but, I typically play on my phone. It hasn't grabbed me yet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'm enjoying it so far. There are obviously a lot of changes from the books. Some good some I don't like at all. But it's keeping me entertained and I get the stuff being skipped most of the time. If they went off the books each book would be 2 seasons long.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm getting Wheel of Time (the first three books) for Hanukkah!

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I've read this series 3 times. For my money, the best fantasy series ever, Tolkien included. I am very satisfied with the TV show. Not perfect, but the actors, pacing, and minor changes are all at least acceptable. The actress playing Nynaeve is particularly good. My wife, who didn't read the books, is captivated. And I am explaining but not spoiling, unlike our experience with GOT. Tar Valon and Shadar Logoth were both rendered in excellent fashion. Like Loyal as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This last episode was a bit flat. I get the whole concept of emphasizing the Warder's connection to his Aes Sedai, but a whole episode with that as the theme? Common man!

I understand why they've recast Matt for next season. There is something I'm not feeling with the guy.

Tano

Legend
I'm getting Wheel of Time (the first three books) for Hanukkah!
Just remember the first book is different than the rest of the books.

If you like it, you will love the series.

If you don't like it, still give the second and third books a try.

If you don't like it by the end of the third book, this series just isn't for you.

One person who got the audio tapes for the first book says if he wasn't listening to it in the car, he wouldn't read the series.

Jordan can get very wordy at times describing the surroundings and what everyone is wearing.\

The guy though has stated that "Wow - this show is leaving out a lot of stuff" and as someone said earlier in this thread - if they included everything in the first book, this first season would be at minimum 16 episodes long.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
This last episode was a bit flat. I get the whole concept of emphasizing the Warder's connection to his Aes Sedai, but a whole episode with that as the theme? Common man!

I understand why they've recast Matt for next season. There is something I'm not feeling with the guy.
Yeah it was a bit flat for me also but I understand why they are doing it. They are trying to get the non-readers to really understand the relationship with their Aes Sedai. But so far I am really liking the show overall even with some of the changes. The one change I don't really care for is the guessing who the Dragon Reborn is. I know the TV show is trying to really make it a full suspense until the last episode but some of it is really far from how the books portrayed the re-birth of the dragon.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never read the books but the show is dope. Don’t get too caught up on the similarities/differences y’all enjoy them as separate entities

Tano

Legend
Never read the books but the show is dope. Don’t get too caught up on the similarities/differences y’all enjoy them as separate entities
I just want the show to just have the main gist of the show.

So far they are doing that except for the dragon reborn rebirth

There is something in the books that is completely different from the show and it makes a huge difference so far

but once the dragon is named, then it won't matter so I am just going to leave as is for now

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The casting of Rosamund Pike as Moiraine is perfect IMO. When I was reading the books she is exactly how I pictured her. And Daniel Henney as Lan is also spot on IMO. Matt, Perrin and Rand not so much but I can adjust to it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The casting of Rosamund Pike as Moiraine is perfect IMO. When I was reading the books she is exactly how I pictured her. And Daniel Henney as Lan is also spot on IMO. Matt, Perrin and Rand not so much but I can adjust to it.
I thought the casting of Rand was pretty close. But I guess the proof will be in the pudding when he starts to play the more difficult parts of his character arch.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah the real test for Rand is still to come we might see it at the end of season 1. I'm also pretty good with Perrin, big tough guy I do miss his guide though Elyas. That was a fun character in the books.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well then! That was an interesting episode to say the least.

Interesting adaptation to the pillow friends comment in the book between Moiraine and Siuan.

The party never went to Tar Valon and Moiraine wasn't involved with Logain at all and her exiled is just straight bizarre.

So no Gareth Byrne? We ever going to see Morgase? Elaida?

Matt not going to the eye/borderlands is straight up stupid IMO.

Where the fuck is Min? She's kind of a central figure to the whole books!!!

Tano

Legend
Well then! That was an interesting episode to say the least.

Interesting adaptation to the pillow friends comment in the book between Moiraine and Siuan.

The party never went to Tar Valon and Moiraine wasn't involved with Logain at all and her exiled is just straight bizarre.

So no Gareth Byrne? We ever going to see Morgase? Elaida?

Matt not going to the eye/borderlands is straight up stupid IMO.

Where the fuck is Min? She's kind of a central figure to the whole books!!!
Yeah - I was dumbfounded by not having Matt going to the borderlands. Plus them curing the knife in the first book completely changes the second book. I think Elaida Morgase and Min will show up in the second book. Or Elaida could be combined into Liandrin but her being black well...

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah - I was dumbfounded by not having Matt going to the borderlands. Plus them curing the knife in the first book completely changes the second book. I think Elaida Morgase and Min will show up in the second book. Or Elaida could be combined into Liandrin but her being black well...
I've read a lot of speculation that Min will be in the borderlands further changing everything. Just guesses I'm hoping.

Tano

Legend
I've read a lot of speculation that Min will be in the borderlands further changing everything. Just guesses I'm hoping.
Well that wouldn't be a major change. I could handle that one.

I think she would almost have to be since I remember someone be named as the actress for Min in the first season

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well that wouldn't be a major change. I could handle that one.

I think she would almost have to be since I remember someone be named as the actress for Min in the first season

We also have this person in the next episode as Tigraine.