What would you like to hear from Kroenke and/or Demoff after 6-10 season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't want to hear anything, I am not concerned with what they say. What people say means little, especially when it comes to these types of situations where we hear the same things and the same recycled cliches and platitudes.....and bullshit. I tell people all the time it isn't what you say it's what you do. I can tell you I'm 6'5" and Chinese, that doesn't mean I am.

So I just want them to keep working, and for SK to stay in the background like he normally does and let The Troika do what they do.

This wasn't a two to three year fix fellas, it was a bigger job than that. Nobody wants to hear "be patient" but that's what this requires.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't want to hear anything, I am not concerned with what they say. What people say means little, especially when it comes to these types of situations where we hear the same things and the same recycled cliches and platitudes.....and bullcrap. I tell people all the time it isn't what you say it's what you do. I can tell you I'm 6'5" and Chinese, that doesn't mean I am.

So I just want them to keep working, and for SK to stay in the background like he normally does and let The Troika do what they do.

This wasn't a two to three year fix fellas, it was a bigger job than that. Nobody wants to hear "be patient" but that's what this requires.

So you're saying that you want them to say, "be patient" ? :heh:

Athos

Legend

I'm kind of tired of this line of thinking though.

The SeaBitches went thru a 4-12, 5-11 seasons before Carroll came aboard in 2010. Looking at their roster in 2009, compared to now, there's been an ENTIRE roster overhaul.

I loathe those dirty birds, but Carroll rebuilt the entire team basically, and got 11 wins in his 3rd year, a Super Bowl in his 4th, and a 36-12 record the last 3 seasons. That pisses me off to no end. :mad:

Fisher sure as fuck better have a 10-11 win season, at least, next season.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm kind of tired of this line of thinking though.

The SeaBitches went thru a 4-12, 5-11 seasons before Carroll came aboard in 2010. Looking at their roster in 2009, compared to now, there's been an ENTIRE roster overhaul.

I loathe those dirty birds, but Carroll rebuilt the entire team basically, and got 11 wins in his 3rd year, a Super Bowl in his 4th, and a 36-12 record the last 3 seasons. That pisses me off to no end. :mad:

Fisher sure as freak better have a 10-11 win season, at least, next season.

Actually if you look at the last several years in SEA and STL you'll notice that the roster there was way, way better than in STL.

And FYI Carroll didn't look that smart until Wilson emerged and they got Lynch. Prior to that he was relying on an aging Hasselbeck and Tavaris Jackson and then brought in Matt Flynn because he had NO other options.

The rebuild in STL is WAY bigger than what SEA had to do. It's the biggest in the NFL ever. The Seahawks were racking up division titles for quite a few years there if you remember.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Would be nice to be able to discuss it, even went over to that place that must not be named today for the first time since joining here :(.
And because of that, you must know why speculative arguing isn't something we're interested in fostering.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Rams and Gators post: 487510 said:
Would be nice to be able to discuss it, even went over to that place that must not be named today for the first time since joining here :(.
I don't understand why it's not allowed

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Because that topic eventually pisses people off and then that spills over into other threads. LA vs. St. Louis is divisive. When Stan Kroenke or the city of St. Louis holds a press conference and announces that the Rams are staying or leaving then this topic will be wide open for all to discuss. Until then it's just one rumor after another.

Btw if this thread continues in this direction it will be locked.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

The stadium situation is a wedge driven between St. Louis and L.A. fans. It creates nothing but animosity.

The real reason it's not allowed though, as @-X- pointed out above is "speculative arguing." There has been no announcement by the Rams as to their intentions. So the whole situation is exactly what X said, speculation.

Keep in mind that this board is privately owned. The owner is the one who gets to decide what's talked about here. Maybe all those who donate could have a stronger gripe, but I don't donate, so it's not my place to argue with the management.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Because of the people that pick sides, the people of St. Louis are hurting if this is true. Now that it's being reported though, I feel we should be able to have a respectable discussion among our members that all love the RAMS and where we will be seeing our team play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Because that topic eventually pisses people off and then that spills over into other threads. LA vs. St. Louis is divisive. When Stan Kroenke or the city of St. Louis holds a press conference and announces that the Rams are staying or leaving then this topic will be wide open for all to discuss. Until then it's just one rumor after another.

Btw if this thread continues in this direction it will be locked.

Oh, God. I just had the "purge" flash into my head. That day is going to be hell to moderate. May the force be with you.

Alan

Legend
It would just be platitudes so I'm just fine with his silence. So much better than having any of the idiot coaches that abound in the NFL.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with the "actions speak louder than words" group.

I am sure they are totally committed to getting this team to the 10-11 win plateau. Demoff said at the beginning of this year that they expected to be in the playoffs. I think I read somewhere where there was something in the season ticket packages along those lines?

So, even if they said something, it kind of doesn't matter. They're just words at this point.

And specifics? Can't get too specific without undermining your off season strategy.

Firing Coordinators? The only time we'll hear about that is when (if) they do.

We're in another off season now. Free agency... draft... trades... I'm sure all of that will happen.

And I don't even care what the names are that come out of those roster enhancing activities.

All I care about is that they figure out a way to build a roster that can win consistently... dare I say, get us into the playoffs (such lofty goals, eh? :))

And because of that, you must know why speculative arguing isn't something we're interested in fostering.

I get it, I just think today's announcement is game changing and the people on here are mature enough to discuss it. But it's your guys decision and I can at least respect it even if I don't agree with it/like it.

ram007

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
it indeed is. 2015 could be a lame duck season. well, there goes my mojo, atleast for the time being, for next year.

Fingers Crossed not to get banned here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I get it, I just think today's announcement is game changing and the people on here are mature enough to discuss it. But it's your guys decision and I can at least respect it even if I don't agree with it/like it.
Without getting too into it, I'd say it's still just a rumor that anything will happen to the Rams in STL. I agree that it could be viewed as game-changing, but it could also be viewed as a very strong power move by the Rams' current owner. Because of the fact that nothing has been announced with regards to the current situation, it's all just rumor. And yeah, we're all mature, but not all of us have control of our tempers or possess the ability to refrain from lashing out/lashing back when allegiances and/or support are challenged.

So, please. Anyone else who wants to comment on rumors, just respect the wishes of the board owner for now.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I for one will never hold or seek a wedge to divide the common bond that unites 2 cities when the ultimate biding force is our team. If worse case scenario happened I would be nothing but empathetic.
It is a shame that the largest topic to hit the Rams following in recent memory cannot be addressed with compassion.
Peace My Ram brothers, We are RAM Fans and that is the ultimate and prevailing tie that binds as we here are represented by fans that are geographically left out of attending games on a regular bases yet they are every bit the fan that anyone else is.