What would you like to hear from Kroenke and/or Demoff after 6-10 season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
What I don't want is bullshitting.

I want to know what exactly they are going to do for the offense outside of their hope and a prayer for Bradford to return to form prior to his first ACL injury.

The outing of BS (dreaming).

The cutting of Jake Long, Scott Wells, and Joseph (yea, yea, FA, but sign him to a $1 then cut his miserable ass).

From Kroenke? Some anger about the stalled growth.

We've finisher work on our time machine, have successfully gone back to [insert year] and drafted [insert QB] as a back up option to Bradford, you will all wake up in week 8 of 2013 and all of this will seem like a bad dream.

RamWoodie

Legend
I want to hear that they will get an OC with the imagination to maximize some very good offensive talent! Also, as has been said, Boudreau has done a good job with a shifty offensive line that has been injured. I'm not going to act like I have all the answers there...I don't...so I'll wait and see. We know Saffold is going to have surgery and what the plan is for Long is unknown.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I want to hear them say the exact opposite of what I want to hear... because then the odds would be pretty high based on past example that the Rams would do the opposite of what I said. ;)

Athos

Legend
We've finisher work on our time machine, have successfully gone back to [insert year] and drafted [insert QB] as a back up option to Bradford, you will all wake up in week 8 of 2013 and all of this will seem like a bad dream.

If we have a time machine, why not just go back in time to the Panther game, and deliver a flying spiked boot kick into the crotch of the douche who took down Bradford and destroyed our dreams, right before he gets within a yard of touching Sam?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You can only do so much with injury prone garbage. I think Boudreau has done a great job.
We haven't really developed any young lineman in the past three years and the aged veterans this year were absolutely terrible. So if he hasn't developed anyone and we aren't using veterans to patch up the holes where exactly are you seeing this great work? Saffold is probably our best offensive lineman right now, and he was here prior to the new regime. Robinson looks like he will grow into a really good player, but he didn't exactly have a knock your socks off rookie year...Barksdale was very inconsistent.

Sorry, not seeing any evidence that Boudreau really had any kind of solid effect anywhere.

RamWoodie

Legend
You can only do so much with injury prone garbage. I think Boudreau has done a great job.
I wouldn't say "garbage", I think that's overstated. The proper terminology would be the OLine got bit bu the "I" bug. Saffold will have the shoulder surgery, and if Long returns to form...that will be huge!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'd like to hear them say they have decided not to move to LA or stay in St. Louis because they are moving to Ventura Ca. Ya Baby!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
From an owner......let me know you care, let me know your pissed about another losing season under your watched and that you are going to do something about it and your committed to winning. I know they cant get into details but at least let me know your committed to winning and anything short of a championship is unacceptable.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We haven't really developed any young lineman in the past three years and the aged veterans this year were absolutely terrible. So if he hasn't developed anyone and we aren't using veterans to patch up the holes where exactly are you seeing this great work? Saffold is probably our best offensive lineman right now, and he was here prior to the new regime. Robinson looks like he will grow into a really good player, but he didn't exactly have a knock your socks off rookie year...Barksdale was very inconsistent.

Sorry, not seeing any evidence that Boudreau really had any kind of solid effect anywhere.

We don't know who he hasn't or has developed, guys like Barrett Jones, Mike Person, Tim Barnes etc haven't gotten chances to play and when they have played I haven't seen them be any worse than Joseph/Wells and usually better. Fish just has to stick with the vets.

I do know that Saffold has made a seamless transition to OG and a lot of that is on Boudreau to help him. It's tough to instantly make that transition and Saffold said Boudreau helped him immensely with it. He's been better since Bou got here.

I do know that Robinson has made a massive leap from training camp and preseason to where he is now. Completely different player. He's still not ready yet but he's made significant strides.

I do know that Oakland waived Barksdale for a reason and he's improved drastically since he got here. Yeah, he had a slump the 2nd half of the season, but he was one of the best RTs in the league for a season and a half before that. Ever since Davin Joseph was inserted into the lineup he's gotten worse. He's trying to make up too much for Joseph and he already has issues with speed rushers because of his size, and that kind of made it worse. He's still light years ahead of where he was on the Raiders.

Wells and Joseph just aren't fixable. You can teach them technique and sets and all the way to play the position, but they're just too weak and too slow to play in the NFL, that's just the way it is.

I've seen a great job by Boudreau so far. I think if we got to see more of guys like Person, Jones, Barnes, we'd see how good Boudreau really is. There's been nothing but praise for him his entire career and there's a reason he's universally known as the best or one of the best OL coaches in the NFL.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I wouldn't say "garbage", I think that's overstated. The proper terminology would be the OLine got bit bu the "I" bug. Saffold will have the shoulder surgery, and if Long returns to form...that will be huge!

Long, Wells and Joseph haven't been very good at all, a long with being injury prone. But that's what he's had to work with. He's had Saffold, who's good but is admittedly injury prone. It's not a good situation for a coach when your best player is injury prone and you only have one other player who's not in the twilight of his career and can stay healthy, and you have a raw rookie LT to develop on the go.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
"It is still a five year plan and we are on course despite the disappointing outcome this year. We are building a winner for a long time.....not just a quick turn around for a couple of years and back to doormats" ........that is what I would like to hear........

Go Rams........... ;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I want to hear them say the exact opposite of what I want to hear... because then the odds would be pretty high based on past example that the Rams would do the opposite of what I said. ;)
Argh. I meant do the opposite of what THEY said here.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense now.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
We don't know who he hasn't or has developed, guys like Barrett Jones, Mike Person, Tim Barnes etc haven't gotten chances to play and when they have played I haven't seen them be any worse than Joseph/Wells and usually better. Fish just has to stick with the vets.

I do know that Saffold has made a seamless transition to OG and a lot of that is on Boudreau to help him. It's tough to instantly make that transition and Saffold said Boudreau helped him immensely with it. He's been better since Bou got here.

I do know that Robinson has made a massive leap from training camp and preseason to where he is now. Completely different player. He's still not ready yet but he's made significant strides.

I do know that Oakland waived Barksdale for a reason and he's improved drastically since he got here. Yeah, he had a slump the 2nd half of the season, but he was one of the best RTs in the league for a season and a half before that. Ever since Davin Joseph was inserted into the lineup he's gotten worse. He's trying to make up too much for Joseph and he already has issues with speed rushers because of his size, and that kind of made it worse. He's still light years ahead of where he was on the Raiders.

Wells and Joseph just aren't fixable. You can teach them technique and sets and all the way to play the position, but they're just too weak and too slow to play in the NFL, that's just the way it is.

I've seen a great job by Boudreau so far. I think if we got to see more of guys like Person, Jones, Barnes, we'd see how good Boudreau really is. There's been nothing but praise for him his entire career and there's a reason he's universally known as the best or one of the best OL coaches in the NFL.

As a fan, I don't want to state a coach has done a great job based on the fact there are young players on our roster that we haven't seen. I think that reinforces my point that it is fair to question his effectiveness. As far as Saffold that is an encouraging bit of information coming from Saffold, but I still think it is reasonable to wonder just how Saffold would have done with that transition with or without Bou...

Look, only Fisher knows if the young guys aren't playing because of his decisions or if they aren't able to play. If I am Fisher and know this information it would play critically into my decision. But as a fan I have no way of knowing this, thus why I said it is fair to question him, not to fire him.

RamWoodie

Legend
Long, Wells and Joseph haven't been very good at all, a long with being injury prone. But that's what he's had to work with. He's had Saffold, who's good but is admittedly injury prone. It's not a good situation for a coach when your best player is injury prone and you only have one other player who's not in the twilight of his career and can stay healthy, and you have a raw rookie LT to develop on the go.
That's pretty overstated too. I know for a fact when Long came, the LT position was stable. Also realize he came in free agency...and *most* free agents get overpaid.

When it comes to "injury prone"...I've been watching football to long to buy that, because it moves around from team to team. Just as a team can have a season of several injuries, they can have one with very few. It works the same way with players.

"It is still a five year plan and we are on course despite the disappointing outcome this year. We are building a winner for a long time.....not just a quick turn around for a couple of years and back to doormats" ........that is what I would like to hear........

Go Rams........... ;)

Off topic: For most of my childhood I lived next door to a building site, it was bought by a builder who would work during the week and then work on his own house during the weekend, it took about 10 years to build, but it always amazes me whenever I drive past that it's actually there. Most people would have just hired a building company and had it done in a year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd like to hear continued consistency in the team's direction. In particular, and I'll add Snead, is that the group, or unit that they will address this year, and fix for good, will be the QB, and OL, positions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't want to hear anything but that they fired Schotty and signed two good FA OL.

From there get a QB they can groom I want to see action plain and simple.

Ramathon

I'd like to hear that Chuck Cecil has been released of his duties and the team will also be exploring adding a passing game coordinator to assist Schotty. I also think it is fair to question the aging Boudreau's effectiveness.

Amen.

Ramathon

I don't really give a hoot what they say. Actions speak MUCH louder than words. I'm perfectly willing to 'listen' for their actions.

Or to put it another way...., "I'm from MO. You can tell me anything, but if you want me to believe it, ya gotsta S-H-O-W M-E!"