What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Yes, the Rams are in a tougher division by far, but all those players still havent turned into a winning record for them.. That says a lot about how they chose to use those picks

So all players we grabbed with them picks had to be instant all pro pplayers iI mean you know player development has aabsolutelynothing to do with it

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40509

Redskins vs. Rams Pregame

I know this is early but maybe we need to look forward for a change.

So let's look back ever so briefly. This is the team we gave a bunch of picks.

They are starting to gel. We are sucking hind tit. The dynamic would be really strange if Griff were starting.

I feel we dissed Colt and the locker room by not starting him after we beat Dallas. He settled down against IND after a rough start and did some good things.

I'm hoping our guys are looking forward to kickoff and come out with a little fire. RAM just played the perfect game while we would've been beaten deep by seniors in wheel chairs. This is a bad spot for the visitors and a good spot for us. After all, how does RAM get up for crappy WAS who isn't even playing RGIII???

I might go since tickets are $3.00.

What do we have to do and can/will we do it?
----------
We need help from the Bionic Man or a Miracle, otherwise the chances are slim and none.
eusa_snooty.gif

--------
I am bracing myself for all the infographics FOX is going to indulge in talking about the RGIII trade. Yay.

For reference, here are the final results of that deal:

Skins got #2 pick - RGIII

Rams got:

2012:
#14 Michael Brockers, DT [starter, good]
#39 Janoris Jenkins, CB [starter, not good]
#50 Isaiah Pead, RB [suspended / cut]
#150 Rokevious Watkins, G [waived]

#30 Alec Ogletree, LB [starter, good]
#92 Stedman Bailey, WR [backup]
#198* Zac Stacy, RB [backup]
* (Zac Stacy pick came from a trade that included a pick not derived from Skins picks.)

#2 Greg Robinson, OT [starter]

Or, if you just look at the picks themselves and not all of the trades that came out of them:

‘12 #6 - Morris Claiborne, CB [bust]
‘12 #39 - Janoris Jenkins, CB [starter, not good]
‘13 #22 - Desmond Trufant, CB [starter, very good]
‘14 #2 - Greg Robinson, LT [starter]

From my perspective, the only thing that makes that trade look bad in retrospect is the fact that RGIII appears not to have worked out. If he was a decent-to-good long-term starter already, I'd have said that we pretty clearly won out on the deal. A very good quarterback is worth more than a package including a Pro Bowl starter, a solid starter, a replaceable player, and a bust. He's also worth more than a few good DLs/LBs with a forgettable lineup of "Who's that?"s.

So, say what you want about the Redskins, but at any rate it's clear that the Rams didn't really capitalize on the value they got out of the trade. But be ready to hear about it as soon as Brockers, Ogletree, or Jenkins makes a play. They'll have the flashback footage and infographic all lined up waiting for it.
---------
The Rams did not do as well from the trade as many expected ...

AND

For all those that claim 'we gave up too much' ... do you really think that the guys that decided to make that trade (Snyder & Allen) would have made good choices with those draft picks - as the Harvard Business School report pointed out in March, 2012 - 'the only way this trade makes any sense is for Robert Griffin III to become as good a QB as Tom Brady'

and anyone that thinks the guys that made that trade would have used the draft picks to help this franchise is certifiable

This franchise has not done well under Allen & Snyder - hopefully, they are not a part of the 2015 draft ....
icon_rolleyes.gif

---------
The Rams have a good HC and will always be in the mix - it must be very disappointing to not have done better with the picks though
--------
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/12/3/7327771/washington-st-louis-ask-turf-show-times

Washington - St. Louis: Ask Turf Show Times
By Douglas M@thenovelroad on Dec 3 2014

OK, both of these teams are on the outside looking in when it comes to the post season for 2014. Enough said... But it doesn't mean there's not loads of meaning to this game when the Ramsvisit the Redskins this week.

First, there's the last few times these teams have met. Is it just me who sees there's a bit of a rivalry brewing? I mean, the last couple times these two teams met, it got pretty heated on the field. True, Cortland Finneganis long gone from the Rams, and he seemed to push Redskins players' buttons more than most... Then there's the subject of "The Trade", and I'll tell right now I've heard enough about it. It could easily gone against the Rams, who are still without a franchise QB.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grH4Dh82b8E

I'm an Editor and writer for Turf Show Times, the St. Louis Rams site here at SBNation. I thought I'd drop in to talk, not just about this game, but what the future holds for each team. Let's talk players to watch this week, but also take the long view toward the draft in 2015.

Players to watch for the Rams has to include Robert Quinn, but also rookie defensive tackle Aaron Donald. This young guy is going to be special. Who do the Redskins have across from him, and how do you think he'll do? Speaking of Quinn, he's been on fire the last four weeks. What kind of offensive packages do the Redskins have to negate him?

Pierre Garcon has had a quiet 2014, but I put it down to all the quarterback questions swirling around. If he's set man-on-man againstJanoris Jenkins, he could have a big day. Jenkins have a gambler streak in him that bites him in the butt more often than not... What players should the Rams be keeping tabs on this Sunday?

I know this stings a little, but let's get this one out there because I'm truly curious to hear where you think RGIII will be in 2015? Personally, I just don't understand what's happened to this remarkably talented young quarterback?

I'll be here off and on all week to answer any questions you may have about the Rams, and I'll be asking a few more about the Redskins as the game gets closer... Should anyone from Turf Show Times drop in, and forget they're guests on your site, please don't hesitate to let me know...

Here's to a great game, and may the injury demons steer well clear of both teams! - Douglas M
------------------------

Can we have Gregg Williams back, please?
----------
Doug - your QB
it was reported on a Detroit sports radio show that the Rams had called the Redskins twice in the weeks following Bradfords injury to inquire about Cousins. In the 5 games he played, he threw for more yds than RG and Colt combined in the other 7 games. Was there much chatter about KC before the trade deadline. Going into 2015 will the Rams go back to Bradford once again?

Will they trade up in the draft to go after a top prospect? When the skins made the trade for RG they we a Long way away from being 1 player away and that is now fully exposed but the Rams could be close to a qb away from being really dangerous.
-----------
The general consensus is Bradford will need to take a pay cut to stay in St. Louis, and I agree...
His value on the open market will be effected by Eli Manning – IMO – who I think is out in NY after this season. Many aren’t paying attention to the possible QBs hitting the market for 2015. I think there’s going to be some shocking turns. My dark horse to be shopped: Cam Newton. Crazy? Maybe, but Carolina is in for a serious shake up in the off season. Teams with money to spend could be in a great FA QB position. It’s why I was wondering about Washington’s cap space… :)

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I'm sure they're still bringing up their recent Super Bowl victory. Beating the Cowboys.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
the Rams are a great example. plug in a decent QB and they are off to the races. Plug in a decent qb here and watch him get beaten like a rag doll.
This is what I see happening to the 'Skins this week-end!

How many times after mentioning some offensive opponent do you hear the announcer followup with phrases like season high, career high, tying/breaking the franchise record, etc.
Granted, the Raiduhs set the bar really high for us this week, but I have faith in Jim and our safeties' incompetence.
Shaun Hill gets a career high passing yardage, and Mason breaks 200 all purpose yards.
Love the way this guy envisions things!

Chris Long, in his second start after 10 weeks out with an ankle injury, will have 3.5 sacks for the game.
I believe this! So now I have to redo my prediction on sacks, in this game, let's see, Chris 3.5, Quinn 5, and then the rest of the D..
blogguy.gif
I'm losing count!!

Season highs, career firsts, and career bests......nobody helps to launch or rejuvenate an offensive player's career like good ol' Jim Haslett.
I'm starting to fell sorry for the Redskin Fans, after reading their opinions on their own team!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm sure they're still bringing up their recent Super Bowl victory. Beating the Cowboys.

Good to see you here again. Congrats on the butt-whipping of the Bears. The score did not truly indicate the total domination. It'll be interesting to see if Romo can take the next step during the playoffs. It took Peyton Manning a while as well to get over the hump.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I love how they just dismiss JJ, Bailey, and Stacy. Those players provide excellent depth and play at a good level every game. Those three would start on the Redskins. I'm starting to come to the realization that other teams must not rotate their backups in like we do. They don't seem to realize that just because Britt and Austin start a game, that doesn't mean they will get more snaps than Bailey. How many times has Bennie been on the field for the first play? That doesn't make him the "starter." We have three starter level RB's, three starting level CB's, a "3rd string" WR who has led the team in the last part of the season in being reliable, and FREAKING TEN DL who can rush the passer and play solid football. And we've done nothing with the RGIII trade? Only someone who watches ESPN and views their highlight reel as a true news update would make such silly statements. This is as deep a team as I've ever seen. The only exception is the RG and the C position. Heck we have a 4th string QB who beat Seattle! Who else can say that? They gave up an entire future to draft a guy who can't make basic reads. As was pointed out by Cooley earlier, they had to go basic TC playbook last time he played. In his 3rd season! And still there's people out their who make excuses for that trade. Even if he was a good QB, that still would not fix the gaping holes that team has, directly from having RGIII on the team from that trade.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Somebody got some 'splainin to do...I checked, in the off chance they might have errored and were going to show the Rams game...Not only nay to that, but my cable shows AFC v. AFC on both Fox and CBS in the early game...HUH ???

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It's ripe when a Forskin fan plays hypothetical with our RG3 picks - sorry you lose

On a side note - all my spare lights for the Christmas tree are Rams colors! BLUE and GOLD!!!

This has to be a good December omen
image.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think that poster who thinks the Rams didn't do well with the picks is in denial. Doesn't want to admit it was one of the most lopsided trades in a long time.

Jenkins might not be a pro bowler and gets burned from gambling too much, but he has better than average coverage skills. In fact, he's a better than average corner overall.

And does anyone think we draft Donald if we didn't have the number two for Robinson? And its possible we got our cornerstone left tackle for the next decade.

And Bailey is a backup? Maybe so but he sees enough snaps to make an impact.

Those 4 guys alone make the trade lopsided. We likely don't trade up for Tavon Austin without the extra pick.

That trade changed the whole dynamic of the team. We wouldn't be hearing about how bright the future is without it.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
The Rams on the road aren't quite as good of a team, it will be close, but we are favored to win the game, as we should be.
Just Remember that the Rams beat SF on the road even though Davis tried to give the game away

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Somebody got some 'splainin to do...I checked, in the off chance they might have errored and were going to show the Rams game...Not only nay to that, but my cable shows AFC v. AFC on both Fox and CBS in the early game...HUH ???

Same here; I get Colts/Browns on FOX. I don't get it. I think the presence of the Redskins makes the Rams game less compelling. LOL.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/60014-rams-at-redskins-pregame-thread.html

Rams at Redskins pregame thread

Well the Rams are coming in hungry after dominating OAK 52-0! We r so bad right now, I just don't see us winning this game. Colt may play well again but it really doesn't matter much, he's not the answer long term so it's kinda like Grossman/Cousins playing QB over the last few years.

Rams 29
Skins 21

Honestly 4-12 is probably what we end up with
--------
I think we could win this. Oakland is messier than we are (somehow). But we'll still lose.

Gonna have to contain Tre Mason though. Boy ran all over the Raiders.

McCoy does well, gets no credit for doing well because he ends up being overshadowed by the defense shitting the bed. So his performance looks worse than it actually was.

Redskins - 31
Rams - 37
--------
IMO Lambs give us a good game but we rise to the occasion.

Skins 31
Lambs 27
-------
I just think, "why in the hell would I watch this train wreck again" but i know I will and it makes me feel like a semi-crack head.

Rams 27
Redskins 30

Another mute job on the tv cause the rg3 trade talk will get old after the first second.
--------
Another strong showing by McCoy. People will continue to undervalue him. We lose in a shootout. 33-31
-------
Sigh -- I have no idea what team will show up (for either team actually).

My gut tells me that the Redskins play well, but come up short.

Skins -- 28
Rams -- 30

And in the press conference, Gruden talks about how many of our players stepped up to "compete" and how the coaching staff needs to "coach them up" to get some wins. I make vomiting sounds at the re-hash of the overused phrases -- I don't want them to compete. Just win. And don't coach them up -- call good plays and make adjustments. Just win. PLEASE!
---------
I think a fun game could be guessing which Rams player gets a new career high in something or other this Sunday. No? Okay.

My gut says we win this one, but not my brain. Rams 28, Guys that Wear the Burgundy and Gold but aren't Worthy to be Called the Redskins 17.
--------
Rams defense is absolutely NO joke .... We may be in for a long day folks, but I sure hope not .
--------
Everybody is picking a high score here, so I'm going with the low. 13-10 Redskins.
--------
Shaun Hill comes back to his U of M stomping grounds and throws for 500 yds. Also plays D and gets 3 sacks.
--------
i think we go and kick some ass on sunday.

anybody want to go to the game? we could probably walk around the parking lot and trade a few beers for a few tickets.

34 to 27.
---------
52-0 Skins beat the Rams. Yeah, I am so confident, I put all my money earmarked for Christmas on it. How smart am I!!!
---------
Rams Winners, arrow pointing up towards the end of the season...

Redskins Losers, Can't wait for the season to be over with the arrow pointing 180 degrees....
---------
Jeff Fishers press conference answers to don't shoot questions are badass. That dude gets a solid QB they'll play in a SB. RG better not go there. Dangerous.
--------
We're going to have a real tough time blocking their line. Williams is going to come off the bus blitzing.

Rams 24
Skins 13
---------
This game is impossible to predict. Rams defense will be brutal no matter what, but that offense is hot/cold I think.

Just more concerned how we look. Need to come out sharp, well prepared and highly motivated. That's enough for me, win or lose.
--------
Home game, decent weather.....Christmas comes early in DC...

'Skins wing BIG...34-21
----------
The Rams are a good contrast with the Skins on how to build a team properly through the draft, building from the inside-out. Their D-line are all 1st round picks, and they may be just a QB away from being a perenial playoff team. They were very unlucky with Sam Bradford's knee injuries, otherwise, they might be winning the NFC West this year.

iced

lol i really don't get how they can't see how we easily won this trade...

We now have one of the top defenses in the league, instead of one of the worst. We have upgraded the talent around the QB, and have a team that's built to win without a QB...

Look at their team - if they don't have that stud qb, they won't win..

Clearly that tells you one team's 53 man roster is much better overall than the other one... and Thats before you start accounting things like the NFC West vs the NFC East.

Also what often goes unmentioned is how having those extra picks allowed us to make moves - I doubt Tavon Austin is a Ram if they we didn't have that extra pick.

#39 Janoris Jenkins, CB [starter, not good]

Lol righttttt.... If he wanted to look at corners that aren't good, look at the Redskins roster...

I'll gladly take a CB who was in the coversation for DROY and already has 5 pick 6's in his career