What Raiders Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
"Their OLine sounds like a major pile of crap? The National Felon league? Overpaid Donald?

Does Oakland still use lead pipes to deliver water to it's citizens?

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Their OLine sounds like a major pile of crap? The National Felon league? Overpaid Donalsd?

Does Oakland still use lead pipes to deliver water to it's citizens?
and they suck on #2 pencil lead tips...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Rams are the dream team 2.0
Peters Talib and Suh are walking penalties
-----------------
Sounds like they have big issues at Linebacker.
There O-Line sounds like a major pile of crap.
These are such lazy, laughable falsehoods. Only sets up the fan for the ultimate truth bomb.
You know what you get with Gruden. He has a predictive floor and a predictive ceiling as a coach. He probably still has decent coaching skills but they are overshadowed by his cartoon character personality. It's a little early so we do not yet know McVay's floor or ceiling - but one thing seems pretty evident. He doesn't have an overblown ego and values his coaching job way too much to let it be overcome by a hyped up personality.

Boom. This. McVay is hyped up as this Chucky 2.0.

Not even close Sean has much better in game coaching sense. No ego. Huge

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
You know what you get with Gruden. He has a predictive floor and a predictive ceiling as a coach. He probably still has decent coaching skills but they are overshadowed by his cartoon character personality.

Jon-Gruden-Silver-and-back.jpg

Hey Prime Time, maybe we need a "What They're Saying After the Game, segment? I want to read about all these @ssholes eating shyte!

We always do. Unless we lose of course. :sneaky:

Ram65

Legend
5. With the turnover on the roster, do you expect this team to be better, worse, or the same as last season and why?

Overall, I think it will be better. The problem is that the roster might only be marginally better and it wasn’t the problem last year. The Rams held with every team they played last year...except when it mattered most. The Rams’ widest loss in terms of performance was in the playoffs against the Atlanta Falcons. So I think the major concern isn’t the roster. But it wasn’t last year.

It’s coming up with the best, most complete performances when they’re needed most. They failed, perhaps miserably, in this aspect last year. Answering the question as to why is going to have to come on the field this year. And that’s the real question we’re facing with this season is if the Rams have solved something beyond the quality of the roster they’ve assembled.

If they have, it’s going to make for a fun postseason for Rams fans. If they haven’t, it will be a monumental waste that we’re all going to be wondering what the cause of it was and where that means we’re headed beyond this year

I hope the roster is more than marginally better than last year. The run defense was a problem all last year. The offense and special teams masked the problem helping the Rams get leads and sometimes big leads.

Even with two quick turnovers the Rams managed to stay close to the Falcons at halftime 13-10. The Brockers injury compounded the poor run defense and the Falcons took over ball control. The Rams added Suh to solidify the run defense as he is a top OT against the run. The defensive backfield was a liability at times and had some injuries. Again the Rams went a got three top level CBs in Talib, Peters and Shields. The Rams still have young somewhat unproven talent at OLber. They did get back Easley but lost Quinn. The defensive personnel is much improved. The offense gets a better WR in Cooks and remains at top level.

Should the Rams make the playoffs or face tough games down the stretch they now have a nice mix of young veterans and older veterans that have been battle tested. Better players with more experience should put the Rams in a better position later in the season this year.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raider fans looking at Rams team:
Taking a few steps back, the fox jumped and just missed the hanging grapes. Again the fox took a few paces back and tried to reach them but still failed. Finally, giving up, the fox turned up his nose and said, "They're probably sour anyway," and proceeded to walk away. It's easy to despise what you cannot have.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/9/7/17821990/raiderdamus-friday-foretelling-raiders-vs-rams

Raiderdamus’ Friday Foretelling: Raiders vs. Rams
By Tyler J. Smith

9089355_web1_web_raiders_081917xxx.0.jpg

We are required to inform you that these Foretellings are works of satire and are not for the faint of heart. Due to their content they should not be read by anyone. Please enjoy at your own risk. -The Editor

Looks like a new season has started! You fired your coach? Well that’s okay, he wasn’t very good. Wait, you hired the loudmouth from Monday Night Football? Oh boy. I bet that’s a circus. You traded who now? And you’re playing who on Monday Night Football to open the year?

That all sounds dismal. But let’s talk about the Rams for a minute. The team is owned by Stan Kroenke, who looks like Jeff Fisher had sex with Ted Turner.

usa_today_10457807.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Kroenke manages to be the most unlikable owner in the NFL, which is remarkable, as that’s a list that includes Jed York, Jerry Jones, Dean Spanos, Jeffrey Lurie, Robert Kraft, and Jim Irsay.

Mr. Kroenke came into his vast fortune by being a slum lord and marrying the heiress to the Wal-Mart fortune that looked the most like Nancy Grace.

The Rams left Los Angeles the first time in 1994, and nobody noticed. They won a Super Bowl in St. Louis, and nobody watched because they were playing the Titans, a team most NFL fans couldn’t identify in a police lineup. Then they returned to Los Angeles a few years ago, to the delight of no one whatsoever.

The Rams are, if you think about it, the perfect American success story. They came from the Midwest to the bright lights of Los Angeles and managed to pursue their lifelong dream of being the first extra killed in the NFL Playoffs. They got to their position by going down repeatedly in ways they regretted the next day.

To say that the Rams are an afterthought in Los Angeles would be a mild understatement. Here are the most popular teams in LA:

Lakers

Dodgers

Raiders

USC

LA Galaxy

Angels

Kings

Ducks

UCLA

Clippers

49ers

Cowboys

LAFC

Warriors

Rams

Serra High

Mater Dei

Chargers

But Kroenke, who is so fabulously rich that he wipes his own ass with the Dead Sea Scrolls, also owns the Colorado Avalanche and Arsenal FC. He is used to owning the least popular professional team in its own city.

The fortune brought to the NFL by Kroenke, who bought the Rams many years ago from strung-out rodeo clown Georgia Frontiere, was the impetus for placing the Rams in Los Angeles to begin with, as they are building their own stadium with Sam Walton’s money. If Walton were alive today to know he was financing a team as shitty as the Rams, he’d be so angry he’d probably whip a few more underage Chinese sweatshop workers, and all those Faded Glory labels would be stained.

But to make the deal work, the Rams had to share their new palatial estates with a team even less popular than they, which was a tall order considering the negative four people who give two shits about the Rams. The Raiders, being arguably the second most popular team in the world, were right out. But luckily, someone else was more than happy to fill the void.

82748776.jpg

Getty Images

In order to draw eyes to their product and distract potential viewers from their normal day-to-day schedule of tax evasion, recreational drug use and senseless gang violence, the Rams went on a massive spending spree this free agency period. They brought in three megastars on defense- Ndamukong Suh, Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters. Because we all know that discipline, fair play and abiding by the rules of football were all things that held the Rams back last year. Will the Rams have more personal fouls than first downs this year?

The last time someone paid that much money for that much trouble, Khloe Kardashian had to come wake his dumb ass up from a three day coma.

814043786.jpg.jpg

Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

But this year, Los Angeles has brought in one real winner, one man who has tasted championship gold, a man who knows how to win when the rest of his team isn’t up to par. Los Angeles is now home to one of the greatest of all time.

459880116.jpg.jpg

Photo by Mike Lawrie/Getty Images

The Rams team is led by former Gruden disciple Sean McVay, seen here with girlfriend Veronka Khomen:

913981162.jpg.jpg

Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images

6e4ae9a0cdaa3603b6cec9f0f823ee43.jpg

I tried to find an unflattering picture of McVay, I really did. They don’t exist. The man is a Greek god, with the jawline of Horatio Hornblower and the physique of Lex Luger. Even in high school, he looked like the platonic Prom King. His issue is that no matter how much facial hair he grows, he still looks like he gets a lollipop every time he goes to the bank and he has to sit on a phonebook when the barber cuts his hair. And he still gets that godawful Andy Dalton haircut.

The Raiders may have just traded the best edge rusher in the NFL, but the Rams have avoided that problem by not employing any edge rushers at all. That is good news for the Raiders’ tackles, who are 1) a rookie and 2) a veteran who has forgotten how to turn right. Jon Gruden will have to call for a pit stop so Donald Penn will stop turning left.

The Rams are one of the most talented teams in the NFL, with a star-studded roster and a fantastic, cost controlled quarterback. Soon they’ll have a brand new stadium where all 237 Rams fans can watch them from the height of luxury. It will be in Inglewood, which is notoriously up to no good, and I am certain it will go up in flames the first time the Rams go 4-12, which will likely be as soon as they have to pay Jared Goff his six-year, $250 million contract in 2021. Because if they don’t, the fucking Bears will.

Rams win, 45-29.
-----------------------
Got it wrong,Bud
We upset them with good D and smash-mouth
Raiders 23 – Rams 21
DRC seals win w/late int
--------------
Raiders D even without 52 can surprise some folks this season if the DL additions in Gunthers scheme workout well. That combined with improved coverage downfield can be a surprise 1-2 for teams not used to taking Raiders D seriously.

Combine that with the rust from a lack of preseason play against real opponents, a team full of players that already got paid, team thats being hyped as a best contender for the SB and you’ve got a good opportunity for a low scoring upset.

Pound that rock and put Goff on his back. He must go down often and hard.
-----------
31 -24 Raiders
------------
45-29 sounds about right, and again great work on these predictions
All I ask is that we keep it respectable until the 2nd half
------------
If last night showed us anything it is that vets need some preseason reps.
I don’t see either offense lighting it up. One advantage the Raiders have is no one knows what tricks Gruden has up his sleeves.

We all know the Rams Offense. Gruden probably knows the Rams offense like it was his own.
It is the student against the master.

Get your popcorn ready.
-------------
I still believe the whole first team offense needed more work during the preseason games. This could look like another preseason game.
------------
I’m feeling the Raiders have a much better chance at a low scoring game than they do a high scoring game. If both QB’s play like ass and it becomes a slugfest I like Marshawn and the maulers in the middle of the OL to wear them down. Suh got pushed around last year and for as great a player as AD is he’s still on the lighter side far as DL’s go.
-----------
29 points on the Rams?
Wow, generous.
-------------
That score would be a huge improvement over the 2014 game
-----------
Rams 38-16
------------
27-13 Raiders.
-----------
I am not confident that we will win this game. But if our D spots them 45, then we are in for a long season.

I expect our D to be much improved overall, even without Mack. I say more like 21-10, Rams.
----------
Raiders win in close competition finding a way to pull it out in the end.

Gruden plays keep away with the football limiting the Lambs opportunities to score while eating the clock with power run after power run. Then going deep off PA.

Our D is aggressive keeping the Lambs on their heels back hoofs!
-----------
Don't forget our secret weapon..... the infield dirt.. Raiders 21 Lambs 19
-------------
I think it'll be closer than the "experts" are predicting. All I keep reading is how bad our defense was last year with Mack.
And now that we lost him we’ll be even worse, even though we’ve improved at almost every position. Genius analysis. I think we can rattle Goff. He just lost his OC and QB coach. He has a young OL coach calling run plays and a young TE coach calling pass plays.

Rams 24-Raiders 21
--------------
Yeah, everyone keeps talking about how great their offense is but I just don't see it.
I think they will take a while to gel considering none of their offensive starters played one snap in the preseason. I don’t even think they had any joint practices. They’ll be rusty.
-------------
Also, it’s really Goff’s sophomore year and with Super Bowl predictions comes great pressure (as our 6-10 team found out last year). He may be easier to rattle than we think.
--------------

P.J. Hall is going to have a great game.
Rams Right guard is under 300 pounds and has only played in two games in his third year on his second team.
-----------
Osemele, Hudson, & Jackson
Will dominate Donald and Suh.

Raiders 28 Los Angeles 24
-------------
This is probably the worst score prediction I have ever seen in this series. There is no way a combined 74 points will be scored in this game.

Here is my thought process:

1. Neither of these teams played more than a few series in preseason. Just the rust alone will likely result in lower scores.
  2. Gruden’s goal will be to keep his defense off the field as much as possible. Expect Beastmode and Muscle Hampster (best duo of running back nicknames in the league) to have a ton of carries.
  3. The Rams defense is too good to allow 29 points and… our defense is not that bad. 45 points is a tall order for the first game of the year.
My prediction is Rams 28 and Raiders 10
-------------------

Raiders use the Falcons formula of keeping Gurley THE PASS CATCHER in check.
Tackling. Also we finally for the 1st time in 3 years figure put how to play PREVENT vs BRANDIN COOKS. We also use the 2016 formula of winning the turnover battle w/ 2 early setting us up for a halftime lead & Carr & Gruden call an efficient, time-consuming gsme plan & hold on for a 23-20 victory. Raiders win 23-20 F.
--------------
We aren’t losing. Yes, the Rams look like God Almighty on paper, but they do have a significant weakness no one is talking about. They were 28th in rush defense last year, giving up 122 YPG and 4.7YPC. Even with Suh, I’m not concerned. It’s not like Suh did anything for the middling Fins, either. Talib nor Peters want any of our smashmouth action, to boot.

Gruden has adamantly preached about the run and I boldly predict we’ll be a top 3 rush outfit at season’s end. With all that said, we are going to run the fuck out of them. This will hopefully keep their nuclear offense off the field and our defense rested. Gruden also has a few tricks up his sleeve for one of his youngest proteges, believe that. This will not be a walk in the park by any means, but I feel we’re going to survive this slugfest, and set the tone for a good season.

Raiders 27, Lambs 24
--------------

Better have 6 down O-linemen
Miller and Penn are going to struggle for a while. October will be here before we know if they can handle their assignments on the edges. Until then, the Raiders better have a lot of help in blocking on the outside, because KO, Hudson and Jackson won’t be able to help out with Suh and Donald in front of them.
--------------
What's the over/under on Talib getting thrown out of the game?
If the refs were not biased against the Raiders that is…I’m thinking helmet rule and/or taunting.
--------------
How good is Gruden's psychology?
I would run sweeps and bubble screens right at Talib continuously to draw an irate response and a flag or two. Considering Chucky coached him for 2 years, he should know what makes him tick, and what ticks him off. Let’s hope. That would be beautiful to see.
--------------
31-27 Raiders
---------------
Raiders: 24
Ram-a-lama-ding-dongs: 17

--------------
Then only way the Raiders can win this
is if they score more than 20 points and points will be very hard to come by against this defense. Amari usually gets shut down by the all-pro CBs he faces every 3rd or 4th game. Hopefully, Gruden will get him in the slot a lot in this game, because Cooper is the whole key to this game for the Raiders.

He needs to surpass 150 yds receiving with at least 1 TD. If he does that it will open up the offense for our TE and the running/screen game and that could allow the Raiders to surpass 20 points and Carr to throw for at least 2 TDs.

Raiders 23 Rams 20

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait - how can a RAIDERS' fan criticize the appearance of the Rams' owner? Haven't they ever looked at Davis?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Forgot about this player.
https://www.raiders.com/news/tight-end-derek-carrier-is-bringing-versatility-to-the-raiders-offense

Tight end Derek Carrier bringing versatility to the Raiders offense
Kyle Martin

licrhm9pwyrkpnxmowll.jpg

The Oakland Raiders are playing the Los Angeles Rams on Monday Night Football, and there’s no shortage of storylines surrounding the affair; however, there is one that is flying under-the-radar.

Former Ram and current Raiders tight end Derek Carrier played an important role for the Southern California squad last year, serving as an integral piece in the blocking scheme. So much gets made about the flashy positions, and highlight-reel plays, but it’s the battles in the trenches that make all of that possible.

Carrier has built the reputation of a quality blocking tight end, and his contributions on offense helped free up running lanes for last year’s MVP candidate Todd Gurley – who totaled an absurd 2,093 scrimmage yards, and 19 touchdowns. The hope is that he’ll be able to provide the same kind of blocking support in Head Coach Jon Gruden’s offense, and let Marshawn Lynch, and the rest of the Raiders backs run rampant.

Thursday afternoon, Carrier’s former coach Sean McVay shared via conference call what stood out about him when he coached No. 85 a season ago.

“I think it’s his versatility,” McVay said. “I think he’s a lot better athlete than people give him credit for. He’s got the ability to play as part of the core, he can play in the slot, he can play the flex, he can give you some two back looks. He can play as a moveable piece, as a tight end or on the line of scrimmage.

Anytime you’re able to have versatile players, like Derek Carrier is, it gives you a chance offensively to present a variety of looks to a defense. Guys like him are very valuable. I think he’s also got great leverage, great athleticism, balance. So there is a lot of different things that make Derek a really good football player and he’s somebody who has gotten better and better as his career has progressed.”

The seven-year veteran started out with the Silver and Black back in 2012 as an undrafted free agent and bounced around before eventually landing back in Oakland. In the time he’s been here, Gruden has utilized Carrier similarly to the way McVay did, as a blocker, but he’s also showed glimpses of his receiving abilities while catching passes from Derek Carr.

“I just think it’s something that has always been a part of me just growing up, I always played multiple sports,” Carrier said in regards to his versatility. “Just kind of being versatile, being athletic was kind of always in my DNA. When I got to the NFL I got moved to tight end and kind of just took some of the skills that I learned in my younger years and just developed those even further.”

Over the course of his NFL career, Carrier has only one touchdown to his name, but through OTAs and training camp, he’s built quite the rapport with his new quarterback. Carr has targeted Carrier plenty of times through practice, and it’ll be interesting to see just how much the two connect in 2018. Carrier attributes his chemistry with Carr to extended practice reps, and simply just spending more time with one another.

“Getting all the reps through training camp and OTAs is when a lot of it’s built,” he explained. “The foundation is built in OTAs, it’s solidified in training camp, and you put it out ready to work when the season rolls around.”

When Monday night arrives, Carrier isn’t expecting to feel a certain way when facing his former team, and shared that he will always think fondly of his time there.

“It was a great experience,” he said. “Sean is an unbelievable coach, unbelievable leader, and I think the big takeaway was just being able to play… recognize everything, and be able to execute it quickly.”

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
I can’t fucking wait!

Ram65

Legend
I thought Carrier could be used more in the passing game. He ran 4.5 40 at his pro day.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will freaking die if can’t beat these palookas!

Psycho_X

Legend
So from scanning that last post I am seeing that the Rams o-line is awful, the Rams d-line will get manhandled, our offense isn't good and they don't know why people say it is, Rams didn't even have a joint practice (nice homework), and the only thing they have to do on defense to stop us is....

play prevent defense to stop Cooks...
just tackle Gurley duh (this'll be fun to watch when they are always in prevent defense)...
and rattle Goff because this'll be his sophomore year ? and now that he showed he can play he'll suddenly suck from the pressure...
ooooook

Oh, and of course if the refs don't screw the Raiders they'll easily defeat the Rams.

Think that covers this week's version of internet's greatest opinions by ignorant morons.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I tried to find an unflattering picture of McVay, I really did. They don’t exist. The man is a Greek god, with the jawline of Horatio Hornblower and the physique of Lex Luger. Even in high school, he looked like the platonic Prom King. His issue is that no matter how much facial hair he grows, he still looks like he gets a lollipop every time he goes to the bank and he has to sit on a phonebook when the barber cuts his hair. And he still gets that godawful Andy Dalton haircut.
Big props for the sheer humor value, to this guy. Now that is funny stuff, right there.

Kroenke manages to be the most unlikable owner in the NFL
Shut the hell up with your envy of the rich crap. Gets tired.

But Kroenke, who is so fabulously rich that he wipes his own ass with the Dead Sea Scrolls, also owns the Colorado Avalanche and Arsenal FC. He is used to owning the least popular professional team in its own city.

The fortune brought to the NFL by Kroenke, who bought the Rams many years ago from strung-out rodeo clown Georgia Frontiere, was the impetus for placing the Rams in Los Angeles to begin with, as they are building their own stadium with Sam Walton’s money. If Walton were alive today to know he was financing a team as crappy as the Rams, he’d be so angry he’d probably whip a few more underage Chinese sweatshop workers, and all those Faded Glory labels would be stained.

But to make the deal work, the Rams had to share their new palatial estates with a team even less popular than they, which was a tall order considering the negative four people who give two shits about the Rams. The Raiders, being arguably the second most popular team in the world, were right out. But luckily, someone else was more than happy to fill the void.
thICXT76QB.jpg

"Bitter? Party of one?!"

This isn't nearly as funny, and just plain inaccurate. The Rams are crappy??? Did he write this two years ago, and just now hit "send"?

RamsSince1969

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big props for the sheer humor value, to this guy. Now that is funny stuff, right there.

Shut the hell up with your envy of the rich crap. Gets tired.

View attachment 26092
"Bitter? Party of one?!"

This isn't nearly as funny, and just plain inaccurate. The Rams are crappy??? Did he write this two years ago, and just now hit "send"?
I hate to say it, but this looks like

RamsSince1969

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Many of us here were posting pie in the sky dreams (especially me) before the first game of our 1-15 season. These guys have no idea what they are in for with the loss of Mack and associated broken spirit of that locker room. Dream on Raiders fans, dream on.