What Happens to La’el Collins Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
True, I had considered that possiblilty of a "hit" situation, especially since his lawer already has an alibi and witnesses lined up to state he was not near the area that night. Since he hasnt spoken publicly I cannot see how you could come to the conclusion that he lacks empathy or compassion. I think alot of the chatter about we heard about his exploring options during the draft came from his agent, not him. Something I expect an agent to do since he is getting paid to do it.

Right now he seems pretty innocent to me, until proven guilty. ;)

I tried to research the murder and there is very little information. What is known is that Brittney answered her door and was shot, after possibly arguing with someone when she refused to loan ther her car.

That's because he hasn't spoken publicly about the situation. This was someone who was his ex-girlfriend, who could have been bearing his child. Both of them died. Even if you don't care about your girlfriend, you at least make a statement about how horrible it was that an innocent baby died and that you'll do anything to help the police with their investigation to find the murderer. Instead, he talks about the draft, and only the draft, and how he won't sign with teams if he goes later than the second day.

Things like that do not help the perception of the public nor NFL teams.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
That's because he hasn't spoken publicly about the situation. This was someone who was his ex-girlfriend, who could have been bearing his child. Both of them died. Even if you don't care about your girlfriend, you at least make a statement about how horrible it was that an innocent baby died and that you'll do anything to help the police with their investigation to find the murderer. Instead, he talks about the draft, and only the draft, and how he won't sign with teams if he goes later than the second day.

Things like that do not help the perception of the public nor NFL teams.
Don't know if he's innocent or not, but IMO someone who makes a public statement like that is just as likely, if not more likely, to be guilty than innocent.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Don't know if he's innocent or not, but IMO someone who makes a public statement like that is just as likely, if not more likely, to be guilty than innocent.

Saying nothing except for whining about not signing with teams if they pick them in the third round while his ex-girlfriend and possible child are in a morgue shows a great deal about how atrocious his character really is. NFL teams saw that. That's why he's more radioactive than Chernobyl right now.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Saying nothing except for whining about not signing with teams if they pick them in the third round while his ex-girlfriend and possible child are in a morgue shows a great deal about how atrocious his character really is. NFL teams saw that. That's why he's more radioactive than Chernobyl right now.
I think you are making a lot of assumptions here, none of us know jack squat about this situation.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Didn't the baby survive? Thought I had read that it was.

Memento

Name
Jemma
AHH I did not know that. That's truly sad.

Actually, never mind. The baby died on Friday. Because I heard the ESPN guys talking about that.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
So he sent out that message that he wouldn't sign if drafted after the 3rd to make himself as unattractive a prospect as possible so that he would go undrafted because he's already agreed big money terms with a team conditional on the fact that he is cleared of any wrongdoing? Makes sense actually for both the player and a team who got the guy without using a draft pick on him....

Wish it was us!
That wouldn't be tampering or would it be?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sadly, the child didn't make it after all. All around crappy situation.
Yeah, agreed.
I'm more interested to find out that justice is served for the murder of that poor woman and child than I am interested in seeing what happens to Collins career

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yeah, agreed.
I'm more interested to find out that justice is served for the murder of that poor woman and child than I am interested in seeing what happens to Collins career

Exactly. I don't care if Collins did it or not. I want whomever is responsible to be sentenced to death. If he didn't do it (which is possible), he didn't show compassion, which I don't understand. He knew this woman. Even if she is an ex that he hates, at least think of the poor kid who didn't have a chance to live. Because for all anyone knows, that could be his kid.

I just want the guilty person(s) found and have the book thrown at them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Exactly. I don't care if Collins did it or not. I want whomever is responsible to be sentenced to death. If he didn't do it (which is possible), he didn't show compassion, which I don't understand. He knew this woman. Even if she is an ex that he hates, at least think of the poor kid who didn't have a chance to live. Because for all anyone knows, that could be his kid.

I just want the guilty person(s) found and have the book thrown at them.

I don't understand your point of view on this topic at all. We really don't know anything about the relationship between Collins and his Ex girlfriend. Why would he be expected to make a public statement? He has a lawyer and they usually say to shut your pie hole. Collins isn't anybody to anyone outside of NFL draft fans. He is not the prime suspect and he was no longer associated with the woman. Why would he be expected to make a public statement?

You seem to have decided his guilt based on your flood of emotions over a terrible situation. It is sad but even if it turns out that the child is Collins', it doesn't mean he killed the mother or that he even knew that he was a father.

I think the real reason no team picked Collins was because Goodell forbid it. He does not want to risk another scandalous event like he has had to deal with many times in the past year. (That, and having taken control of the situation, he will be able to declare who can sign Collins, once and if he is cleared, at which time he will award Collins to New England for having to endure the negative press associated with Deflategate.)

iced

I think the real reason no team picked Collins was because Goodell forbid it. He does not want to risk another scandalous event like he has had to deal with many times in the past year. (That, and having taken control of the situation, he will be able to declare who can sign Collins, once and if he is cleared, at which time he will award Collins to New England for having to endure the negative press associated with Deflategate.)

except Collins is a FA, and he chooses where he wants to go

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Just because he didn't make a public statement that doesn't mean anything. But then again we do live in the social media society today where no one has privacy and we want to know everything about personal lives of people. Perhaps he can mourn and grieve in privacy? Jeez. If he did make a statement one could easily say he only did it for PR. He's in a no win situation really.

V3

Hall of Fame
People are already convicting him of a crime here and there's virtually zero evidence/information to even form an opinion. WTF? It's one thing to think a person is guilty when there's a lot of info out there to form an opinion like the Casey Anthony case, but this one has nothing and people are already assuming he did it. Just stop.