What do you think about bandwagon fans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
With the Rams now playing the role of “contenders,” and a mega-stadium on the way, the team is likely to start drawing bandwagon type fans.

How do you feel about that?

As someone who, like many here, measures his time as a Rams fanatic in decades, my answer might seem surprising.

I don’t really mind them.

Its nice to finally have a team that can attract those drawn to fair weather. I say, with minor caveats, the more the merrier.

Some bandwagon fans will get hooked, and stick around for the long haul, even when things (as is inevitable) go South again (hopefully not for a long time). Others may fade out eventually. That’s okay, in my book. Not everyone needs to be a diehard.

I’d say the only type of bandwagon fan that bothers me are the ones who jump from team to team. That, to me, is disingenuous.

But to those just now taking an interest because the Rams started winning...I say, pull up a chair...there’s always room for more people at the table.

tempests

Hall of Fame
They're a necessity to sell tickets, fill the stadium and create a real home field advantage. They can contribute to a fun atmosphere tailgating or at playoff games.

Unfortunately, they're also among the first to turn around and sell their tickets to opposing teams fans when a season isn't going well. They may be loud and boastful but they also lack knowledge about the game.

I accept them but I don't really respect them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bandwagon fans are like young adults.

All we can do is help them grow up.

And try not to kill them along the way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bandwagon fans are like young adults.

All we can do is help them grow up.

And try not to kill them along the way.

Now that The Rams are back in LA a lot of those fans will stick, especially the way The Rams are building the franchise now.
McVay is going to convert a lot of new fans.

There will be a big long time fan base in St. Louis that will jump back on board as Ram fans again. Can’t blame them!!

Look what happened the Super Bowl year. I was trying for years to Eams games on at sports bars. They weren’t even a part of the best 5 games.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't affect me, so I don't care.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m with jrry on this. We need them to help pay for things, but I know the odds are their ambivalent support will never affect me in Kansas. It's too expensive for me to see a game, when my big screen, bathroom, and kitchen are so handy on game day. Just scream loud at the appropriate times, bandwagoners!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
As long as they buy the beer! They must pay the toll if they want to roll!!!!

Name
George
How do you feel about that?

I don’t really mind them.

How does Stan Kroenke feel about about a city that is mostly bandwagon fans? ... don't answer that.

I love them .... except ...
I hate the "fans" that are now life long "Winners" because their team is winning.... but are nowhere to be found when the team is rebuilding.

It gets really frustrating when I mention the name "Flipper" and they think I just changed the subject to an old TV show featuring a fish/dolphin in the water.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I like having more fans support the Rams but I really don't respect them as fans. Real fans stick with and suffer with their team through the tough times this is what creates such a strong bond with the team. I will never forget the suffering I went through with my Rams being the team with the worst record in the 1990's to winning it all in 1999. No bandwagon fan felt the kind of joy that us true fans felt in 1999.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
It’s funny, because over the past 10 years I have maybe met less than 20 rams fans...but now they’re showing up more and more, don’t mind it though, the more support the better

Ram65

Legend
https://www.google.com/search?q=ban...j69i60j0l4.11448j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Other uses of the term derive from this one. Bandwagon effect, "copycat" behavior. Argumentum ad populum, or the bandwagon fallacy: "If many believe so, it is so"Bandwagon fan, person who likes a sport team just because of their recent success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most fans of a team don't like bandwagon fans that jump on and off their team depending on their winning and losing games. It's a little different situation currently with the Rams having success in year two of the move back to LA. People are jumping on the Rams bandwagon for different reasons. Winning is one of many.

The Rams are rebuilding their fan base in LA and they have to encourage people to become fans. The fact that they won the division last year and are favorites this year are good reasons for people to become Rams fans. The new state of the art stadium construction is generating publicity for the Rams too. It's a great time to jump on the bandwagon and become a Rams fan anywhere in the country but, especially in SoCal. What will these new fans do when the Rams start to lose? Hopefully, they continue to follow and root for the Rams win or lose. Some will and some won't so we will embrace the ones that do become like us, Rams Fanatics.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm with @CGI_Ram @jrry32 and @LoyalRam our job is to educate them and guide them. I used to ask every San Francisco 49er fan in the 80's who was the Head Coach before Bill Walsh (Pete McCulley.. Fred O'Connor Interim) and if they could not answer I would call them a bandwagon fan.

However, back on the Rams little run I remember going to New Jersey to watch the Rams play the Giants and I sat next to several gentlemen, who had all moved to St. Louis recently and became Ram fans. They were jovial and very nice and had only been rooting for the Rams since 1999. Change my perspective, plus in 2000 I was 34 not 20 and now being 52 come September, the more fans the merrier and if they say anything that is not accurate, I will ensure to correct them, in a nice way of course.

Funny those Gentlemen at the Giant game appreciated my knowledge, they asked me the Rams were not always in St. Louis, right? I responded, no, they started in Cleveland and then moved to Los Angeles. They were shocked about the Cleveland comment, then I started talking about former owner Dan Reeves being the first owner moving his team west and when the game was over, they thanked me for the History lesson and I did not pay for one beverage my wife and the other people we where with joined them for dinner after the game....So you just never know.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm amazed that anyone would even care one way or the other about the fandom of others.:confused:

Then again, it's the same with the media opinions to me.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I have zero issue with bandwagon fan
They serve a purpose like zombie hoardes

I have more issue with "i just needed a hat guy"
You know that guy you are in line with at the airport who is rocking a Rams hat and you say "hey man, the Rams look tough" and they look back confused. You mention they are wearing a Ram's lid and they say "Oh, i just needed a hat."
I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me over my 45 years of Ram fandom
Damn you freaks!!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8EM2g9H.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always was a LA Don's Bandwagon fan.....
wK5q97c.png

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't care, the more bandwagon fans for the team I like is less bandwagon fans for the teams i hate. Bandwagon Seahawk fans are far worse to listen to than bandwagon Rams fans at least.