What Cowboys Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not all families have smart parents to raise them. Some people are not raised by teachers and accountants in the suburbs.

Its true, we are all better people than the folks in this vid...
...but thats only because we are Rams fans and they aren't.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
And they didn't call offsetting penalties on the retaliation from Cooper, which, I actually thought was good because Peters started it and the Refs did the right thing and got the first guy. Peters needs to understand he's not in the hood and be better at controlling himself.
Peters, from all appearances, is a stupid player.
You can get away with being a dope if you're playing very well. He continually gets beaten in man and can't seem maintain discipline in zone.
Hopefully the Rams can find a way to make it make sense money wise to get rid of him this offseason.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's one Cowboy fan's point of view about his experience at the game. Pretty damn funny.
****************************************************************************************
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/13/18180999/rams-cowboys-la-coliseum-divisional-round-playoffs

Weed, Trolls, and Not a Cowboyrita to Be Found: What I Saw at the L.A. Coliseum
Cowboys-Rams wasn’t much of a spectacle, but the scene at the Coliseum was a sight to behold
By Bryan Curtis

1081681562.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Harry How/Getty Images

I don’t have anything to say about the sorry-ass Cowboys, who Saturday night produced one of the classic meltdowns of the Jason Garrett “era.”

I do have something to say about my experience at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. It was incredible. I was part of one of those weird, nervy, borderline lawless wrestling-style crowds where you feel like everyone is in it together, even as they’re trying to fight each other. Long after I drag Cowboys-Rams (which Los Angeles won, 30-22) into my mental recycling bin, I’ll still think about the magic of the night.

First off, I missed my uncle, Rod. He’s a Cowboys season-ticket holder, and we went to last week’s game against the Seahawks together. Rod and I have our rituals down pat. If the Cowboys are trailing at halftime, we switch seats and drink a Cowboyrita (pink-and-yellow-swirl variety). If the Cowboys are leading at halftime, we don’t switch seats. We still drink the Cowboyrita.

Last week, as we were driving to the tailgate in Arlington, Rod was coughing like he was going to die. He said he had allergies. He vowed not to drink any beer at the tailgate. After we parked, Rod took a single sip of Bud Light. The change that came over his face was like a combination of Popeye and Benjamin Button. Rod began smiling from ear to ear, and he didn’t cough for the next four hours. Other than Dak Prescott’s scramble on third-and-14, it was the play of the game.

Rod couldn’t find a dog-sitter this week, so I had to go to Cowboys-Rams solo. I got off the freeway and turned onto Figueroa Street. On Figueroa, there’s a series of places that offer semiofficial Coliseum parking: fix-it shops, strip malls, driveways. I rolled down my window and asked the first lot attendant how much a space cost. He said $150.

The second lot had a sign saying spaces cost $100. I drove a few more blocks and found a lady who said she was charging $80, and that included a gated lot and a private security man. I figured that was a good deal.

The Coliseum is the Rams’ temporary stadium until they build a new one in Inglewood. It is miraculous, because it feels like something organic has accidentally happened within the corporate NFL. There are religious people right outside the main gate yelling, “Unbelievers and atheists, hell awaits you!”

A Rams fan who sounded like he’d had a number of Cowboyritas was pointing at a large man ahead of us. “That’s Jackie Slater from the Rams, bro,” the fan said, a touch of awe in his voice. “Jackie Slater the defensive end—oh my God.” (Slater was famously an offensive tackle.)

Sometimes you read an article about a faraway tragedy in which hundreds of people are trampled and you think, “How could that happen?” The Coliseum is how it could happen. When I got to Gate 28, there was a human mass about 30 people deep and 50 people wide pushing its way into the stadium.

Inside, a bunch of us shoved our way into the men’s room, and then, our business concluded, realized we had to shove our way out. As a unit, we had more of a push than the Cowboys’ defensive line had all night.

Tens of thousands of Cowboys fans showed up at the Coliseum on Saturday night. This is typical. At home games, you’re struck by Cowboys fans’ quietness and general lameness. On the road, you’re struck by their sheer numbers and animal loyalty. I asked somebody in the men’s room what percentage of the crowd he thought would be made up of Cowboys fans. “Seventy percent,” the guy said. “Maybe 80.”

When I got to my seat, it was clear it wasn’t quite that much. It was more like 60 percent Cowboys fans. Rams fans showed up on the later side and were pretty mild. Cowboys fans—and this will come as a big shocker—shot their wad during the pregame. It was the first time I’ve ever heard an NFL home team booed during the player introductions.

The Coliseum crowd reminded me of the wrestling crowds I was a part of in the ’80s—in the company, as it happened, of the very same Uncle Rod. The Coliseum has long rows of seats that are inaccessible to any kind of authority, so just about anything goes. There was a guy dressed as Marshawn Lynch, including the helmet and visor, who chanted “Let’s go Raiders” for the entire game. There were fights.

When a huge American flag was stretched across the field for “The Star-Spangled Banner,” a guy leaped out of the stands and ran under it. When the flag was rolled up after the song, we caught a glimpse of the scofflaw. He was an older man with a shock of white hair—almost a stockier Doc Brown from Back to the Future. He was looking at the sky yelling as the cops dragged him away.

You probably know the gist of the game. The Cowboys took a 7-3 lead, then stood by as the Rams played the Cowboys’ own trademark style of ball control. The Rams led by 13 at halftime.

I glumly thought of the Cowboyrita (or Rams equivalent) that my uncle and I would have been searching for at halftime before we executed our patented seat switch. I needn’t have worried. Because the truly amazing thing about the Coliseum is that people smoke pot in the stands.

I’m not saying you catch a whiff of pot at the Coliseum. I’m saying that, last night, Section 26L was like sticking your head in a pot campfire. It was amazing! Think about it: When was the last time you saw anyone smoke anything in the stands at a pro sporting event?

At antiseptic AT&T Stadium, you feel like you’d be tackled by cops if you thought about cigarettes. At the Coliseum, everyone just lit up—joints, cigars, everything. By the end of French Montana’s halftime performance, I felt like I’d had about five Cowboyritas.

The Cowboys woke up in the third quarter and eventually cut the Rams’ lead to eight. Cowboys fans—and this will come as another big shocker—forgot about the previous quarter-plus and started trolling the Rams fans. Probably because of our collective contact high, the trolling didn’t make a ton of sense. “Ground and pound!” a Cowboys fan next to me yelled. “Ground and pound!” This was when the Cowboys were trailing by 15 with under four minutes left.

The end of the game was appropriately messy. A Cowboys fan sitting on the aisle decided to try to fight his way out of the Coliseum. By the time I found him, his friends had mostly pacified him. A guy wearing a Jason Witten jersey was (of course) playing the role of peacemaker. You are what you wear.

To get out of Section 26L, I had to descend a set of steep, slick stairs—another sign the Rams are focusing their occupational safety energies on the new stadium. I maneuvered around taunting Rams fans and picked up my car on Figueroa. I called my uncle on the drive home.

We spent 10 minutes bitching about the Cowboys, and twice that re-creating how magical the stands were. I didn’t say this to him outright, but the reason I wanted to tell him everything that happened was because I wished he’d been there. My uncle would have appreciated the mise-en-scène. There are some things even the NFL can’t screw up.

Ram65

Legend
Here's one Cowboy fan's point of view about his experience at the game. Pretty damn funny.
****************************************************************************************
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/13/18180999/rams-cowboys-la-coliseum-divisional-round-playoffs

Weed, Trolls, and Not a Cowboyrita to Be Found: What I Saw at the L.A. Coliseum
Cowboys-Rams wasn’t much of a spectacle, but the scene at the Coliseum was a sight to behold
By Bryan Curtis

1081681562.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Harry How/Getty Images

I don’t have anything to say about the sorry-ass Cowboys, who Saturday night produced one of the classic meltdowns of the Jason Garrett “era.”

I do have something to say about my experience at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. It was incredible. I was part of one of those weird, nervy, borderline lawless wrestling-style crowds where you feel like everyone is in it together, even as they’re trying to fight each other. Long after I drag Cowboys-Rams (which Los Angeles won, 30-22) into my mental recycling bin, I’ll still think about the magic of the night.

First off, I missed my uncle, Rod. He’s a Cowboys season-ticket holder, and we went to last week’s game against the Seahawks together. Rod and I have our rituals down pat. If the Cowboys are trailing at halftime, we switch seats and drink a Cowboyrita (pink-and-yellow-swirl variety). If the Cowboys are leading at halftime, we don’t switch seats. We still drink the Cowboyrita.

Last week, as we were driving to the tailgate in Arlington, Rod was coughing like he was going to die. He said he had allergies. He vowed not to drink any beer at the tailgate. After we parked, Rod took a single sip of Bud Light. The change that came over his face was like a combination of Popeye and Benjamin Button. Rod began smiling from ear to ear, and he didn’t cough for the next four hours. Other than Dak Prescott’s scramble on third-and-14, it was the play of the game.

Rod couldn’t find a dog-sitter this week, so I had to go to Cowboys-Rams solo. I got off the freeway and turned onto Figueroa Street. On Figueroa, there’s a series of places that offer semiofficial Coliseum parking: fix-it shops, strip malls, driveways. I rolled down my window and asked the first lot attendant how much a space cost. He said $150.

The second lot had a sign saying spaces cost $100. I drove a few more blocks and found a lady who said she was charging $80, and that included a gated lot and a private security man. I figured that was a good deal.

The Coliseum is the Rams’ temporary stadium until they build a new one in Inglewood. It is miraculous, because it feels like something organic has accidentally happened within the corporate NFL. There are religious people right outside the main gate yelling, “Unbelievers and atheists, hell awaits you!”

A Rams fan who sounded like he’d had a number of Cowboyritas was pointing at a large man ahead of us. “That’s Jackie Slater from the Rams, bro,” the fan said, a touch of awe in his voice. “Jackie Slater the defensive end—oh my God.” (Slater was famously an offensive tackle.)

Sometimes you read an article about a faraway tragedy in which hundreds of people are trampled and you think, “How could that happen?” The Coliseum is how it could happen. When I got to Gate 28, there was a human mass about 30 people deep and 50 people wide pushing its way into the stadium.

Inside, a bunch of us shoved our way into the men’s room, and then, our business concluded, realized we had to shove our way out. As a unit, we had more of a push than the Cowboys’ defensive line had all night.

Tens of thousands of Cowboys fans showed up at the Coliseum on Saturday night. This is typical. At home games, you’re struck by Cowboys fans’ quietness and general lameness. On the road, you’re struck by their sheer numbers and animal loyalty. I asked somebody in the men’s room what percentage of the crowd he thought would be made up of Cowboys fans. “Seventy percent,” the guy said. “Maybe 80.”

When I got to my seat, it was clear it wasn’t quite that much. It was more like 60 percent Cowboys fans. Rams fans showed up on the later side and were pretty mild. Cowboys fans—and this will come as a big shocker—shot their wad during the pregame. It was the first time I’ve ever heard an NFL home team booed during the player introductions.

The Coliseum crowd reminded me of the wrestling crowds I was a part of in the ’80s—in the company, as it happened, of the very same Uncle Rod. The Coliseum has long rows of seats that are inaccessible to any kind of authority, so just about anything goes. There was a guy dressed as Marshawn Lynch, including the helmet and visor, who chanted “Let’s go Raiders” for the entire game. There were fights.

When a huge American flag was stretched across the field for “The Star-Spangled Banner,” a guy leaped out of the stands and ran under it. When the flag was rolled up after the song, we caught a glimpse of the scofflaw. He was an older man with a shock of white hair—almost a stockier Doc Brown from Back to the Future. He was looking at the sky yelling as the cops dragged him away.

You probably know the gist of the game. The Cowboys took a 7-3 lead, then stood by as the Rams played the Cowboys’ own trademark style of ball control. The Rams led by 13 at halftime.

I glumly thought of the Cowboyrita (or Rams equivalent) that my uncle and I would have been searching for at halftime before we executed our patented seat switch. I needn’t have worried. Because the truly amazing thing about the Coliseum is that people smoke pot in the stands.

I’m not saying you catch a whiff of pot at the Coliseum. I’m saying that, last night, Section 26L was like sticking your head in a pot campfire. It was amazing! Think about it: When was the last time you saw anyone smoke anything in the stands at a pro sporting event?

At antiseptic AT&T Stadium, you feel like you’d be tackled by cops if you thought about cigarettes. At the Coliseum, everyone just lit up—joints, cigars, everything. By the end of French Montana’s halftime performance, I felt like I’d had about five Cowboyritas.

The Cowboys woke up in the third quarter and eventually cut the Rams’ lead to eight. Cowboys fans—and this will come as another big shocker—forgot about the previous quarter-plus and started trolling the Rams fans. Probably because of our collective contact high, the trolling didn’t make a ton of sense. “Ground and pound!” a Cowboys fan next to me yelled. “Ground and pound!” This was when the Cowboys were trailing by 15 with under four minutes left.

The end of the game was appropriately messy. A Cowboys fan sitting on the aisle decided to try to fight his way out of the Coliseum. By the time I found him, his friends had mostly pacified him. A guy wearing a Jason Witten jersey was (of course) playing the role of peacemaker. You are what you wear.

To get out of Section 26L, I had to descend a set of steep, slick stairs—another sign the Rams are focusing their occupational safety energies on the new stadium. I maneuvered around taunting Rams fans and picked up my car on Figueroa. I called my uncle on the drive home.

We spent 10 minutes bitching about the Cowboys, and twice that re-creating how magical the stands were. I didn’t say this to him outright, but the reason I wanted to tell him everything that happened was because I wished he’d been there. My uncle would have appreciated the mise-en-scène. There are some things even the NFL can’t screw up.

Very enjoyable read. Doesn't sound like a family friendly sporting venue.

Was it really 60-40 Cowboy fans?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
There's like 3 of em in there. I wonder if you could smell the dog tick. But why would someone upload this to begin with?
They are cowgirl fans, can anything about them be explained with logic?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Very enjoyable read. Doesn't sound like a family friendly sporting venue.

Was it really 60-40 Cowboy fans?
Where the gentleman who told the story sat is smack dab in the middle of the away or visitor side. That area is often populated by opposing teams fans. The Home side is a whole other world. The season ticket holders don't condone all the shenanigans and there is far more security than what he described. The coliseum is huge and the experience varies by your section. If you go to a game buy on the home side

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If Shields was ready he would be higher up the depth chart. I think it will take a draft pick or a F.A to unseat M.P. Peters is a lot better in zone which we have played a lot more of lately although he still gets lost or doesn't go 100% at times it seems. the whole back end has moments every game where they are confused and out of sync

Yeah MP has looked feast or famine (mostly famine) this season. Playing zone defense requires a cohesive backfield to be effective, glad Wade got him playing less man coverage considering how much of a liability he is in that assignment.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

These dudes got $#!T figured out lol. Great read.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah MP has looked feast or famine (mostly famine) this season. Playing zone defense requires a cohesive backfield to be effective, glad Wade got him playing less man coverage considering how much of a liability he is in that assignment.

It's why I hope as part of the moves we make, we ditch Barron and get Earl Thomas.

Someone like Earl Thomas allows Peters to stay on man more and look to be that chance taking ballhawk.

We have guys to sign, but we should be able to add a few pieces.

Also, with the way Peters has played this year, I think we can get him at a reduced rate. He's simply NOT going to go for the top tier the way he may have if he'd been available last off-season.

I mean, unless he starts just devastating opposing offenses with multiple pick 6s...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's why I hope as part of the moves we make, we ditch Barron and get Earl Thomas.

Someone like Earl Thomas allows Peters to stay on man more and look to be that chance taking ballhawk.

Also, with the way Peters has played this year, I think we can get him at a reduced rate. He's simply NOT going to go for the top tier the way he may have if he'd been available last off-season.

I mean, unless he starts just devastating opposing offenses with multiple pick 6s...

At this point, I would gauge Peters' trade value. I'm tired of his selfish freelancing, I'm tired of him taking plays off, and I'm tired of him picking and choosing when to tackle.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm ready to say bye to Peters, have control and don't cost us big plays. Put Shields in there with Talib

Many here agree.

At least it was a trade to acquire him and not a five year free agent deal, with a big cap hit.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anyone notice the Christmas tree still up?

My tree is still up. Of course, I took down the most Christmas centric ornaments, and put up my Mardi Gras ornaments (yes, I lived in New Orleans from 1987-1999 - still hate the Saints, I've always been a Rams fan)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
At this point, I would gauge Peters' trade value. I'm tired of his selfish freelancing, I'm tired of him taking plays off, and I'm tired of him picking and choosing when to tackle.

I can see that.

I'm for getting Earl Thomas no matter who we end up with in our secondary. I think we have a shot because we're good now...and he could stick it to the Seahawks twice a year....bonus.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Not all families have smart parents to raise them. Some people are not raised by teachers and accountants in the suburbs.

Its true, we are all better people than the folks in this vid...
...but thats only because we are Rams fans and they aren't.
There are some realities, blue font jokes or not, that may be true to some degree. I live a pretty poor life myself, and I see how the 'educated' and masons live, and it looooks niiiice!

But, yes, you can't buy some types of things.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Oakland/Las Vegas might take the bait.