What Cowboys Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
woo-hoo.gif

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...s/Tale-of-the-Tape-Cowboys-vs-Rams-127446147/

Tale of the Tape: Cowboys vs. Rams

Rams Offense

Ranked 2nd w/32.9 points per game
Ranked 2nd w/421.1 yards per game
Ranked 5th w/281.7 passing yards per game
Ranked 3rd w/139.4 rushing yards per game

Cowboys Offense

Ranked 22nd w/21.9 points per game
Ranked 22nd w/343.8 yards per game
Ranked 23rd w/221.1 passing yards per game
Ranked 10th w/122.7 rushing yards per game

Rams Defense

Ranked 20th w/24 points per game allowed
Ranked 19th w/358.6 yards per game allowed
Ranked 14th w/236.2 passing yards per game allowed
Ranked 23rd w/122.3 rushing yards per game allowed

Cowboys Defense

Ranked 6th w/20.2 points per game allowed
Ranked 7th w/329.2 yards per game allowed
Ranked 13th w/234.7 passing yards per game allowed
Ranked 5th w/94.6 rushing yards per game allowed

The Rams have 2 WR's with over 1,200 yards receiving (Woods and Cook) and a HB (Gurley) that is one of the best in the league. Their defense is led by DT Donald and his 20+ sacks.

For Dallas to have any chance of winning this game, they will have to once again rely on the defense to get pressure on the QB (Goff) with their front 4 and have the DB's disrupt the Rams WR's at the line of scrimmage while having LB's LVE and Smith shadowing Gurley. If they can successfully do that and have Dak avoid any turnovers or missed throws, Dallas could shock the Rams.
--------------
Just play them like we played the saints
--------------
Stop Gurley.
Stop Donald.
-------------
Call me blind or too optimistic, but I refuse to look at this game with a view like "For Dallas to have any chance..." Screw that. NO TEAM is unbeatable. Rams are really good, but guess what? So the fuck is Dallas.

This defense has given reason to believe they can keep us in any game. Saints looked unstoppable too until we played them.

Im in no way making thinking we walk through them but to go into it with a view of us hardly having a chance is ridiculous. Every game is tough at this point with strengths and weaknesses that we have all seen.

If the Rams happen to be the better team on that day then so be it, but until the whistle is blown and we go out and give it our best shot? You wont hear me jumping on the wagon of doubters or fear of the other team.
------------
If you double Donald he has shown to be ineffective. Why more teams don't I have no idea
-----------
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Board/103087/Contents/Well-LA-here-we-come-127431256/

Well LA here we come

So we beat LA. Philly beat New Orleans. We get Philly at home to get us to a SB!! Sounds like a grand plan to me
lol.gif

------------
The Coliseum will be packed to the rafters with boys fans...What a sight it’ll be
----------
I thought Dallas would get blown out against NO, but against LA, Dallas has a chance. The offense has to show up and not for just one quarter, we need four quarters.

Are you hearing me Prescott?
-------------
"The Cowboys made a major in-season pickup this year in receiver Amari Cooper, who had seven catches for 106 yards on Saturday against Seattle, but Dallas’ season-long success has started with a run defense that allowed opponents an average of only 3.8 yards per carry.

Demarcus Lawrence led the Cowboys with 10.5 sacks this season, but the player to watch is high-volume tackling linebacker Leighton Vander Esch, who had 140 tackles and two interceptions this season as an undrafted rookie out of Boise State."

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/...-they-will-play-dallas-cowboys-next-saturday/
--------------
Defense hasn't played as well on the road. So it'll probably be on Dak and the offense.
---------------
For Dallas to beat the Rams the defense needs to go up another level. Seems Byron is satisfied of making the pro bowl. I haven't loved the way he's played the last few games or the 2ndary as a whole at times. The pass rush also needs to get going. It's been Woods and Maliek. Versus Tank and Gregory.

We need all four to show up. But nobody and I mean nobody plays with the passion and energy Jaylon Smith does. Give me 10 more guys with that same energy and passion. We'd have a truly dominate defense.

Offense we need the Oline to step it up also. Dak needs to get better at reads and his throws. Garrett and Linehan need to get "way" better at game preparations especially on the road!! Let Austin return kickoffs. And the WR's also need to step up. In all EVERYBODY dressing and coaching have to get better from this point on. But I'm definitely counting on "my" defense getting much better. And they can and they will.

Let's get it done... Dallas Cowboys!!

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
If you double Donald he has shown to be ineffective. Why more teams don't I have no idea

I hope most of their fan base isn't this naive. As for the game, I love the fact it is at home and on grass. Hopefully Gurley is healthy and CJ Anderson enables the team to keep him fresh. Looking at the Rams down the stretch one of the thing that really hurt them were the injuries to Brown and Gurley. The lack of an effective running game/threat changed how teams attacked the Rams O line/Goff. I think this makes all the diff in the world and that people will be surprised how the Rams play in the playoffs.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

View: https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/1082109152602681344

---------------
I really think this team has a shot at beating the rams. If they can control the ball and that ram D line.
--------------
Beat the Rams.!!!!
------------
Weakest team in the playoffs
----------
teach the TEs how to block without holding
-----------
I trust the team. I believe in them. They may be able to do it without a coach. Garrett has never been a coach. Garrett is merely the handmaiden of completely out of touch Jerry Jones.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's strange. The Rams will get no credit for beating the Cowboys. It's like playing a lesser team and experts say "they should have beaten them anyway," if we do. If we don't, it's an expose of how we suck. When we beat the Saints, the Rams will still be underdogs against whoever we play in the Super Bowl.

Once we win the Super Bowl, there will be an asterisk that says "weakest Super Bowl winner in history. Well, probably not on the last one, but it sure feels that way.

Ants

Starter
When I read this, I busted a gut.
The ignorance of this quote is blinding.

Actually, it's not.
The other day Alex Boone (retired SF lineman) was on PFT Live - he talked about this very thing.
Amazingly, he said that teams don't game plan this way. it's basically, "If every player does his job, there's no reason that we can't stop A.D.).
Boone did NOT agree with this strategy - he said there was a basic arrogance on the part of the coaching staff.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
What's the difference between the Dallas Cowboys and a dollar bill?

You can get 4 quarters out of a dollar bill.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's strange. The Rams will get no credit for beating the Cowboys. It's like playing a lesser team and experts say "they should have beaten them anyway," if we do. If we don't, it's an expose of how we suck. When we beat the Saints, the Rams will still be underdogs against whoever we play in the Super Bowl.

Once we win the Super Bowl, there will be an asterisk that says "weakest Super Bowl winner in history. Well, probably not on the last one, but it sure feels that way.

Winning in the playoffs is hard. It took Peyton Manning a few years to get that down.

I just want to win this game. I don't care if it's by a bad call, fluke play...just want to win the game and get a playoff win under our belt.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
What do the Cowboys and possums have in common?

Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, it's not.
The other day Alex Boone (retired SF lineman) was on PFT Live - he talked about this very thing.
Amazingly, he said that teams don't game plan this way. it's basically, "If every player does his job, there's no reason that we can't stop A.D.).
Boone did NOT agree with this strategy - he said there was a basic arrogance on the part of the coaching staff.
Except that he has gotten double teamed on over 70% of snaps this year.

Ants

Starter
Except that he has gotten double teamed on over 70% of snaps this year.

Well, there's generally 5 OLineman going against 4 DLineman. So yeah, someone by definition and sheer numbers will be double teamed on EVERY play. Throw in at least 1 TE, and the stats can say he was triple-teamed, too.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Actually, it's not.

Actually it is.
“He’s been shown to be ineffective against the double team.” Was his statement - He’s double teamed 70% of the time and part of the remaining 30% he’s TRIPLE teamed. And he’s still putting up these numbers.... So, ya, it’s ignorant.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Well Cowboys fans, you get your wish.

200.gif

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/would-you-prefer-to-be-playing-rams-or-saints-this-week.425949/

Would you prefer to be playing Rams or Saints this week?

Rams can't stop the run, unlike the Saints who at least slowed Zeke down
-------------
Rams for sure. The Saints, in the Superdome, would probably hang 40 or 50 points on us.
-----------
Rams without a doubt! I think Saints would adjust from first game and it would tough in the Superdome. Rams finished weak and I think are gettable..plus LA will be filled with Cowboy fans
------------
The Rams looked very vulnerable late in the season and if Gurley isn’t 100%, I can see our D giving LA real problems.

Our offensive line is going to have to play better than they have lately if we’re gonna do anything on offense though.

All together I’d much rather play the Rams where they will have no home field advantage. It’ll probably be half Cowboys fans, making it a neutral site game.
-------------
My 'path of least resistance' plan is coming to fruition. Home game(SEA), an almost home game(LA) then back home for Philthy
------------
Rams by far. New Orleans is a tough place to win and their is a revenge factor.
-------------
Rams. It’s a good matchup for us.

I don’t really see where they can point to as a favorable matchup for themselves.

Like there is some individual matchups in their favor but it’s not a big deal.
------------
Rams
---------
Much better matchup vs the Rams, we can run on them, and slow down Gurley.
---------
Rams. Drew Brees at home is scary. Drew Brees is arguably the best QB ever and he Always plays incredible at home.
---------
The Rams scare me but I'd rather play them than the Saints
----------
Their O took a hit once they lost Kupp for the year. I'm assuming Gurley will be fine, but we managed to bottle up Barkley well enough twice other than two runs. And our Lbs are flying.

Ideally we can mask what we're doing on D until late in the play clock, so it's all on Goff and the coaches can't make adjustments
-----------
Any team with a young and hungry coach scares me more than a team with an old timer that is liable to grow complacent.
-----------
It's difficult to beat a good team twice in the same season. Rams.
-----------
Rams
----------
The Rams
-----------
Rams on essentially a neutral field
----------
LA we match up with fairly well. We are good at stopping the run. There offense runs through Gurley. They are horrible at stopping the run. Our offense runs through Zeke. Our QB actually has more experience in big games then their QB! LA likes to beat teams with speed. We might be the fastest D in the league. LA has A LOT of Dallas fans. Their "stadium" isn't that loud - in fact it might be the quietest in the entire league.

LA is a reasonably GOOD matchup for the Cowboys.

Now it comes down to winning the turnover battle, scoring TDs in the red zone and time of possession.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake

I'll take that trophy any day. Screw 'em. Personally, I'm kinda loving that we're all the sudden the underdogs who no one is thinking about. After seeing the wild card games, especially the NFC ones, I think we've got the best team in the playoffs right now. If we play our best football, I honestly feel great about us winning a championship this year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/everyone-needs-to-take-a-step-back.425946/

Everyone needs to take a step back

I am super happy we won. I said that if we beat seattle I feel we can beat anybody in the playoffs. and I still believe that.

I keep seeing posts where the Rams are scared to play us, We're definitely moving on to the NFCCG, etc. There is still a game to play people. I understand the excitement, and optimism but Gurley, Donald, Suh, Goff are no joke. They could easily blow the Cowboys out of the stadium.

I feel more confident in this game than if the Cowboys were going to the saints, but it is on the road, and the Cowboys will still need to execute.
-------------
It's the Rams, dude
----------
So? They're 13-3, and have the best RB in football (Sorry but Gurley being 1st team all-pro makes him better), one of the best young coaches. This is not going to be an easy out. None of them will be.
-----------
Agreed. This is a 13-3 team we are facing.

This is not going to be easy in any way and people need to be prepared for that.
----------
On the road where majority most likely are Boys fans. Only way they blow us out is if they blitz Dak non stop and he's fumbling/throwing ints, and stop Zeke.
-----------
538 gives the ELO spread at 4.5 pts, or a 66% chance of a Rams win. Winning this game isn't impossible, but I'm not sure I love the matchups for the Cowboys.
-----------
Much rather play the Rams than the Saints. It won't be an easy game for sure, but the Rams stumbled a little bit down the stretch. I think our defense can punch them in the mouth, especially if Gurley isn't 100%. We have tape on them from last year's game, which should have been a win.

They don't really have a home field advantage. I'd expect tons of Cowboys fans to be in attendance. If we play our game and let Dak run like he did Saturday night, it will be close at the end with a chance for us to win it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KGrG2UePEk

---------------
I don’t think anyone is assuming we will automatically beat the Rams.

I think most feel that they will have less of a home field advantage and like our run game vs their run defense.

Goff has been rattled and prone to turnovers when pressured.

Just a few things most are focusing on but hey, if you want to tamper your expectations.
I’m going full throttle until the wheel stops turning
-----------
This game should be a cake walk. Might not even watch.

I'm looking ahead to who we are going to play in the NFC Championship Game!
-----------
I know the Rams are a tough team they earned their way in. Having said that this is the post season it is the time to get excited, tempering your feelings will not lessen the disappointment of a loss or alter the excitement of a win. This is the time to let it all hang out and what ever happens is going to happen.
--------
Yeah they're no joke, and either are the Cowboys. We may lose, but we're not getting blown out anymore than they are. Goff is not elite and Suh has the speed of a Honda Civic with four fat girls in it. They're human just like the Cowboys. Jared Goff will be seeing something new next week. We aren't the Cardinals or 49ers.
---------
I'm only optimistic because we've been trending up the last 6+ weeks, whereas the Rams have hit a few bumps in the road.

That, and the Cowboys style of play virtually guarantees us to be in it late. That's all you can really ask for in the playoffs - a chance!
-----------
Goff has 1 playoff game under his belt and played poor.
----------
As I have said 100 times it all depends on the Oline . Garrett rested them in the Giants game and they came to the post season in top 10 form Tyron looked like his old self .

Can we win in the trenches against Donald and Suh ??? This needs to happen so we can run and possess the ball keeping there high flying offense off the field .

If we win the toss take the ball posses it for most of the 1st qtr and score . Go on 4th down if necessary we want them to play from behind and Dak has to run more , no sacks no TOs no penalties and if its not there get positive yrds with your legs .

Need very mistake free game to compete Should give us a pretty fair chance . We can not afford to turn the ball over and go down early that = disaster GO COWBOYS!!!!!

LA is the next best thing to playing at home !!
------------
The Rams are the better team. But this was the best possible matchup for us. We’re going to need stud over or so and to play otherwise as well as we did v. SEA to steal a game here.
----------
I want revenge for 1979!!! I was only 9 yrs old but that game still haunts me to this day.
-----------
You're right that this will not be an easy game, and that if Dallas does manage to win there will not be any easy games going forward, but being first team All-Pro doesn't necessarily mean Gurley is better, it just means enough voters felt he had a somewhat better 2018 than Zeke. At the end of the day there isn't a notable edge either way.
----------
I could see the Rams rolling Dallas but there is a case to be made that if the weather is not good (potential for rain this weekend) and Dallas can get pressure on Goff the Cowboys can easily win this game. I see the Rams as a soft team.

I see Goff as a guy that will wilt under pressure. I also see that KC game when their offense was unstoppable. The Dallas secondary has been bad the last couple weeks. Have to be better against the Rams.

Dallas needs to start strong and get that weak LA crowd out of the game. If the Rams come out blazing and Goff has a clean pocket - Dallas is going to get blown out. If they can knock Goff around and play well early - Dallas is going to win a close game.
-----------
Gurley is not the best RB in this game. Gurley makes a lot of splash plays by the design of the Offense. They live on the outside, get him in space and he is fast so he can out run a lot of LBers to the edge. But he is not the work horse that Zeke is. He doesn't do the dirty yards very well. He is a good RB, not saying otherwise, but if I am building a team from scratch and my two choices were zeke and todd, I take Zeke 100% of the time.

And with our speed and power at LB, I don't think he will be able to consistently beat them to the edge this game and he will take a pounding by being turned inside a lot. I am not overly concerned with their running attack and if we can get pressure on Goff consistently, he will be rattled. I think they will struggle to score 17 points this week. I just hope we can score 18 :)
-------------
The Rams are dead meat.
------------
I'd rather play the Saints.

This game will be tough.

If we beat the Rams, we can beat anyone.

The Rams are good.
-----------
Thomas > Cooks
Gurley > Kamara
Brees > Goff
Woods > Saints 2nd WR

Saints defense > Rams defense

Superdome > LA Stadium
-----------
I went revenge for the 20-0 beatdown they handed us in the 1986 Divisional Round.

Eric Dickerson trampled us for 248yds.

I was 12 years old and crying like a baby.
-------------
Just a couple of little tidbits and reminders for those whom are hellbent on saying the Rams are better just based on their record. I think we can all agree that sometimes records mean nothing, so assuming that for a second here are a few facts.

Saying that a team is better after some of the things I'm listing below should at least raise an eyebrow.

If we are basing the ram's being better based on record alone that is fools gold, isn't that what everyone said before we played the Saints?

Right now at this very moment, there are facts that backup that the cowboys could be looked at as the better team.

After losing Cooper Kupp, the rams have struggled to play the way they want to play on offense against good defenses.

The Ram's run defense is pretty bad, while we are basically the best and our game is predicated on this.

The Ram's got beat pretty handily by the nfc east devils the Egals, and in case you forgot, we beat the Egals twice.

When the Ram's faced a top defense in the Bears they only scored 6 points. I think the Cowboys have a defense that is close to bears if not better on any given day.

We are playing in LA where cowboys fans will make it hard on Ram's at times and will motivate us as well.

I don't expect to win this game because I know better than to expect a win, but lets be honest for a second, this is what makes this season so fun with them exceeding our expectations.

When I listen to these players and their not looking ahead mentality, I think they might be on path that could be marvelous.