WFT Rebrand Announced - Washington Commodes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly should've been the Red Wolves or Red Hogs.

EasyE

Starter
Whatever the new name, can we NOT with the old name?

It was talked about and litigated to death, there's no more discussion to be had about it... just arguing to argue and every take ends up having a political element to it.

The name is gone FOREVER. Might as well bitch and moan about the death of the copper land line or coming disappearance of human truck drivers.

Why is it so damn hard to just leave politics at the door?

This is especially frustrating because many of those who are the loudest about 'no politics' are among the first to violate that with their own not subtle takes.

Just fuckin stop. There is no obligation to post one's views about the old name.

For real... can we just focus on coming together as Rams fans from all walks of life and celebrate our team and fandom? Is that really too much to ask?

Can't leave politics out of it because politics caused this whole issue....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Can't leave politics out of it because politics caused this whole issue....

Doesn't matter. This forum is about leaving politics OUT. Rules and mods have been clear from the jump.

It's why there are some topics which are impossible to discuss here (things like stadium financing is basically impossible as we found out) and others cross very close to the line and everyone has to be on their best behavior or threads just get locked.

My only ask is that because the name change is a done deal, can we NOT have people violating the forum's TOS just to bitch and complain about something that's over... and it's not even our team.

This is not the place for that. I'm sure there are umpteen forums where one CAN complain ad nauseam about the name change and those complaints would be more than welcome.

Violating the rules only puts the mods in a crap position and fractures the board.

Why do that? It serves no purpose to cause a ruckus about a team with a universally reviled owner and the worst playing surface in all of sports.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
giphy.gif

MOD EDIT- removed quoted content

Last edited by a moderator:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Emblem is ok. I like the Pentagon shape but they should have went with a star format as used in the military. Also they should have went with 5 or at minimum 4 stars. Since 5 star ranks are reserved for dire windows 4 stars would be appropriate but 3 looks stupid.

Here's a standard 5 star cluster. Though that shape even within a pentagon would have pissed Jerry Jones off. :laugh3:
1643485523310.png

And the standard 4 cluster is usually arranged in a line.
1643485572402.png

Also I maintain that not rebranding the colors is a big mistake. If you're gonna rebrand and move on then do it right. Those colors went fine with the name Redskins. Not so much with Commodes. But Snyder gonna Snyder.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Emblem is ok. I like the Pentagon shape but they should have went with a star format as used in the military. Also they should have went with 5 or at minimum 4 stars. Since 5 star ranks are reserved for dire windows 4 stars would be appropriate but 3 looks stupid.

Here's a standard 5 star cluster. Though that shape even within a pentagon would have pissed Jerry Jones off. :laugh3:
View attachment 51562

And the standard 4 cluster is usually arranged in a line.
View attachment 51563

Also I maintain that not rebranding the colors is a big mistake. If you're gonna rebrand and move on then do it right. Those colors went fine with the name Redskins. Not so much with Commodes. But Snyder gonna Snyder.
They are going with 3 stars I believe being that Lieutenant Generals are the Commodes.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
NGL the matte burgundy is pretty dope. Black out is...different. I have to see them on field before making any full judgements.

Too bad Danny is still owner there. Poor Ron Rivera have to put up with his shit.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, its officially done. Now we can move on. Really a class move to keep the colors as is, the team history deserves to stay in tact.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't hate it.....

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Trash name for a trash team that plays in a TRASH stadium!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As long as their fans are happy with it that's all that matters.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As long as their fans are happy with it that's all that matters.
I just got a txt from a LONG time Redskin fan/friend. He was asking what Rams jersey to buy. He is making the jump. Says there is a bridge for him due to McVay and Morris, haha....

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I just got a txt from a LONG time Redskin fan/friend. He was asking what Rams jersey to buy. He is making the jump. Says there is a bridge for him due to McVay and Morris, haha....
Hey this is great news. Tell him welcome aboard there is plenty of room on the Rams Train!

~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know one fan and haven't chatted with him yet but he's been a fan for longer than I've been a Rams fan so not sure he'd do the same. Those jersey's are pretty cool tbh.