WFT Rebrand Announced - Washington Commodes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
They look kinda boring to me. They kept the same “W” logo, and just put lines on it. The yellow numbers on black looks like a Steelers jersey. Meh.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jerseys are fantastic...but you wait two years to come up with a team name, and "Commodes" is the best you can do? Man, I don't blame Washington fans for jumping ship.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Emblem is ok. I like the Pentagon shape but they should have went with a star format as used in the military. Also they should have went with 5 or at minimum 4 stars. Since 5 star ranks are reserved for dire windows 4 stars would be appropriate but 3 looks stupid.

Here's a standard 5 star cluster. Though that shape even within a pentagon would have pissed Jerry Jones off. :laugh3:
View attachment 51562

And the standard 4 cluster is usually arranged in a line.
View attachment 51563

Also I maintain that not rebranding the colors is a big mistake. If you're gonna rebrand and move on then do it right. Those colors went fine with the name Redskins. Not so much with Commodes. But Snyder gonna Snyder.
I‘m guessing the three stars represent their three SB championships, like how national soccer teams do the same for World Cup championships.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
sigh... I'll just call 'em the commies. :yawn:
lol ya, that red field & yellow stars, yellow pentagon.... like, I know the NFL wants to get into the China market, but come on, man....
really, what woulda been wrong w/ a blue field & white stars? and burgundy, somehow??
sigh. oh well, WFT gonna WFT, there really wasn't anything else they could do once they were backed into this corner.
all I gotta say is GO RAMS

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
lol ya, that red field & yellow stars, yellow pentagon.... like, I know the NFL wants to get into the China market, but come on, man....
really, what woulda been wrong w/ a blue field & white stars? and burgundy, somehow??
sigh. oh well, WFT gonna WFT, there really wasn't anything else they could do once they were backed into this corner.
all I gotta say is GO RAMS
oh... wait.... did I really say blue field & white stars???? LOL I really have no idea what I"m saying do I @Rynie

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Is that an actual helmet logo they intend to use?

I'm not seeing this version elsewhere.

They appear to be going with a Big W on the helmet?
Yeah, that's correct, but my Helmet was better.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be all in favor of the Commodores. When they're bad, they can be called the Commodes. Another thought: Washington Custer's.

My best guess in Washington Commodes.
lionel richie episode 210 GIF by Soul Train

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Make it an O name, so their initials are TWO for their average wins per season.

The Washington Oligarchs
The Washington Offenders
The Washington Offended about people who are always offended so much so that you whine and complain more than the people who are always offended and frankly I'm just totally over all of it

Honestly, they are never getting a better name than Washington Football Team. That's the kind of badass, wear it on your sleeve type team name that will just be appreciated more over time. They should keep it.

As Chris Rock once said, "Sure, we've all seen a Native American somewhere, but when was the last time you saw TWO?"

My opinion isn't important. Sure, my grandfather was born on the Choctaw reservation and there's plenty of Cherokee on both sides of my family. Hell, I live on Cherokee street. An official "trail of tears" marker is just a couple blocks away and fwiw (nothing) my daughter's name is Cheyenne and my favorite film score is from "Last of the Mohicans". My point? I don't have one. I'm not native American. I'm a European mutt living in the Americas and the name redskins doesn't offend me in the least - but am I able to see how it could be different for others? Uh, yeah.
I hear you.
I’m part Choctaw as well.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If a Washington football player dates a Kansas City cheerleader, would he be a Commode in Chief?