Wentz to start game one

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think this is just crazy. The guy gets hurt in his first preseason game, misses significant practice time and doesn't see any live game action the rest of the preseason ... so now let's start him.

We can debate whether Fisher is being too cautious with Goff, but I think the Eagles are not doing themselves or Wentz any favors by throwing caution to the wind like this.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It amazes me that some are so sure that Wentz is the second coming of a great QB, with few if any snaps even in Preseason, mostly because they want to play the "I told you card" when their preffered QB Wentz wasn't picked last draft. I liked Wentz too, but he has proven exactly nothing, including whether he is better than Goff.

This. Pretty much.

Fact is nobody is no more certain for success or failure at this point, Dak, Wentz, Lynch, Goff... None of them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this is just crazy. The guy gets hurt in his first preseason game, misses significant practice time and doesn't see any live game action the rest of the preseason ... so now let's start him.

We can debate whether Fisher is being too cautious with Goff, but I think the Eagles are not doing themselves or Wentz any favors by throwing caution to the wind like this.
Its a fish or cut bait league nowadays. With the rookie deals being 4 year gigs, you need to get them out there. I applaud Philly for it. Sure he'll make his share of mistakes, but I also expect him to do some of the things that they drafted him for

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both, I fully believe Wentz is and will be the better QB and the Rams will regret not drafting him.
You're such a pleasant person on these boards always eager to fling mud at the Rams.

These two QB's are in completely different situations and it doesn't shock me that Wentz could start earlier. His coach is a 1st year head coach with a background as an OC/QB coach who is secure in his job. While Fisher is in the last year of his job and nervous about running a rookie out there because he's horrible at the offensive side of the game. We can't move on from Fisher fast enough and get a coach that realizes we're in a new modern era of the NFL.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Both, I fully believe Wentz is and will be the better QB and the Rams will regret not drafting him.

Fair enough.... and you reviewed film of every snap that both QB's ever took from their respected college teams?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We'll see in time. I'm not bothered about who starts game 1 or even who starts all through year 1. Its over the next decade that this will be seen.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
if healthy.

Does this put any pressure on Fisher to get Goff out there sooner than planned? I would assume if they are winning--no. If they are playing .500 ball?

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ort-carson-wentz-start-week-one-browns-eagles

No. Philly has no one else except a career backup with hardly any starting experience.

Rams have a good option in place with Case Keenum. Has starting and backup experience, has apparently progressed nicely in the Rams' system, and the team can win with him. Plus, as a team the Rams are better overall than Philly at this time.

It has nothing to do with Carson Wentz being better than Jared Goff. Each teams' QB situation is different. The Rams' overall is better - no matter how Carson plays game 1.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
He asked his magic 8 ball and got a reading from Miss Cleo.

Funny OldSchool.. The only reason I asked him is because I have.. When people make these predictions I respect their views but I like to know first and foremost if they have watched every single snap they took from their college days including the ones where they handed off to the running backs. He didn't answer so I'm assuming he hasn't read my question.

tumblr_naizuvh5oF1qbvl2io1_500.gif

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm really curious how the eagles are going to turn out this season. I feel like they've made a mistake. Unless the goal was to just not do well this season.

This is my prediction:
1. Chase Daniels starts for the 1st game
2. Chase Daniels screws up.
3. Start playing Wentz
4. Turns out he isn't fully developed
5. Wentz gets banged up behind not so good oline.
6. ?????

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm really curious how the eagles are going to turn out this season. I feel like they've made a mistake. Unless the goal was to just not do well this season.

This is my prediction:
1. Chase Daniels starts for the 1st game
2. Chase Daniels screws up.
3. Start playing Wentz
4. Turns out he isn't fully developed
5. Wentz gets banged up behind not so good oline.
6. ?????

7. Profit!

Sincerely,

The Underpants Gnomes

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So is this going to be your MO for the season?
He's tired of making himself look dumb and wants somebody else to join in the fun? Sorry that was probably over the line regardless of how true it is. I apologize 503 even though I won't delete what I said :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He's tired of making himself look dumb and wants somebody else to join in the fun? Sorry that was probably over the line regardless of how true it is. I apologize 503 even though I won't delete what I said :D
Honestly? Though I don't want members to direct comments toward other members, it was a bit of calling a spade a spade.