Week 4: Rams at Chicago Vent thread. Thread will be locked in 24 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tano

Legend
Two verse sacks negated by penalties.

Sean needs to work on his red zone plays. Utilize the TE and RB more.

Our run D is in bad shape.

Reeder isn’t the lb that needs to sit, it’s Rozeboom…..and why is he covering Moore?
Both need to sit but I would be okay if Reeder split plays with Hummell on run downs.

Tano

Legend
Verse looks like he's going to be a game wrecker in the future. It's fun to watch him bully everybody even now.
Yeah I think he needs a year to really understand how to play the game.

When your best defensive player is a rookie, you're going to have issues with him learning on his own.

If Donald was around, Verse would be getting sacks left and right with Donald teaching him how to take down a QB properly.

Even Jones would have helped in that regard.

Reeder and Rozeboom? Don't make me laugh. They're only good for letting the RB drag them for 3 to 5 yards after the initial hit.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
If Stafford didn't throw a single pass all game, would we have won it?

Probably.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Two verse sacks negated by penalties.

Sean needs to work on his red zone plays. Utilize the TE and RB more.

Our run D is in bad shape.

Reeder isn’t the lb that needs to sit, it’s Rozeboom…..and why is he covering Moore?
It wont be popular but Reeder didn't lose us the game any more than EJ would have been the difference in getting a W. Everyone is frustrated and I get it. Watching for fun myself

Tano

Legend
we were 3-6 last year and made the playoffs... 1 -3 is hardly the end of the season.
Last year we had Donald and Jones.

This year we have Reeder and Rozeboom both starting.

I will say it again. Jones covered up Rozeboom's really terrible mistakes for the most part.

Tano

Legend
It wont be popular but Reeder didn't lose us the game any more than EJ would have been the difference in getting a W. Everyone is frustrated and I get it. Watching for fun myself
Well I agree that Reeder didn't lost us the game. It was both Reeder and Rozeboom.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defense is soft because they have weak ILB. And basically you're suggesting that they are better off without E Jones?

shake-n-bake

Rookie
we had pretty close to 50/50 run to pass today.

One issue is that we have a bunch of 2nd and 3rd sting targets in the red zone... doesnt help.

I believe last year we were #5 in the nfl in red zone TD %
The problem with that theory is saying 50/50 is ok. The game in certain situations dictates you run. You cant just say it was 50/50 and it was ok. No if you are on the second drive of the game. You are at the 12 I believe and you throw it 3 times. It is situational football not if you did them half and half.

Q729

Legend
Am I the only one getting "page could not be loaded" screens almost every time I reload a thread? Been happening for weeks...

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Replace screens with slants.
I watched us get our brains beat in by slants for years coach. They are great plays. Happen quick, few blocks to set up, line of sight throws that are hard to int and get short yardage very well and we have seen many, many Jerry Rice slants taken to the house.
Use them coach. Screens, fades, runs out of the gun while they work sometimes like all plays, SUCK.

Tano

Legend
One thing I did hate about our Defensive game plan today was not having 8 or 9 players near the line of scrimmage at least a few times during the game. Williams was killing us with the short game. 157 yards on 17 of 23 throws? He rarely threw deep and when he did - he overthrowed the receiver.

I saw the bears do that on defense a lot on us during the game.

And we definitely need to blitz more especially against a rookie QB like Williams.

The few times we did blitz, Williams did crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.