Week 4: Rams at Chicago Vent thread. Thread will be locked in 24 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Those calling for Corum because the RBs were not good enough, or not big enough difference makers, I think will be disappointed. Williams was very good today IMO. He missed a few key blitz pickups. And a few holes. But no player is perfect and wins every single snap. He is a top-tier RB. You won't find too many better than him. If Corum proves to be the better back, I cannot see it being by much.

I think fans Rams fans have skewed perceptions of what a stud RB looks like, because we remember Gurley, Steven Jackson, Faulk, Dickerson. The problem is all of those guys are Hall of Fame / all time great talents (Gurley's knees are all that prevented it, and in Jackson's case, playing on a team with among the worst 7 to 10 year stretch ever). You can't expect that. That is not just elite. It is elite of the elite. Generational type talents.

Corum not being used I suspect is due to his pass pro. He will get there. Remember how many fans were ready to write of Williams after he did little his rookie year?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Two things for me. 3 out of 4 road games to start the season is rough then the defense has given up 24 or more points every week. The sick part for me is that despite all that, the Rams could have been sitting at 2-2 or 3-1

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Didn’t understand at all the decision to punt. It was do or die because the Rams needed a TD.
I didn't mind it. Stafford was getting rocked in the second half, having him drop back there 3 straight times when the defense knows they can tee off would be a bad idea.

It looks bad, yes.. but trying to sneak a run to get one loose or back up the Defense for a 2nd or 3rd and short wasn't bad. Didn't work.

It seems like a series to live to see another game.

JBRam77

Rookie
We were controlling the game . Up 6-0. We decide to drop back and block their best Edge with Colby Parkinson and a chip by a RB. Terrible decision. Momentum shift. 7-6 Bears. The Bears were doing nothing until then. McVay did not call his best game. The defense is
average at best even at full strength. Very weak up the middle. Old slow corners.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
One of the more disappointing losses I can remember. Really not happy with the offense to say nothing yet again about the officiating.
Especially when the OFFENSE shits the bed inside the 20’s. Poor defense but no help from an equally poor offense.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Jared Verse needs to wrap up.

Thats the most frustrating thing. He’d be all pro as a rookie if he actually made his tackles
I thought he looked great today.

He had 2 sacks negated by penalties.
He pressured Caleb often.
Caleb isn’t a statue either.

The good news, is that he is only going to get better.

swmizzou83

Starter
Those calling for Corum because the RBs were not good enough, or not big enough difference makers, I think will be disappointed. Williams was very good today IMO. He missed a few key blitz pickups. And a few holes. But no player is perfect and wins every single snap. He is a top-tier RB. You won't find too many better than him. If Corum proves to be the better back, I cannot see it being by much.

I think fans Rams fans have skewed perceptions of what a stud RB looks like, because we remember Gurley, Steven Jackson, Faulk, Dickerson. The problem is all of those guys are Hall of Fame / all time great talents (Gurley's knees are all that prevented it, and in Jackson's case, playing on a team with among the worst 7 to 10 year stretch ever). You can't expect that. That is not just elite. It is elite of the elite. Generational type talents.

Corum not being used I suspect is due to his pass pro. He will get there. Remember how many fans were ready to write of Williams after he did little his rookie year?
I don't think anyone is calling on him to replace Williams. People would like to see what he could do as the #2 over Rivers. Ronnie Rivers doesn't scare anyone. We drafted Corum in the 3rd just for him to not even get on the field yet. He was held out of the preseason for what seems like absolutely no reason.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I thought he looked great today.

He had 2 sacks negated by penalties.
He pressured Caleb often.
Caleb isn’t a statue either.

The good news, is that he is only going to get better.

Oh I agree that he did look great, but even with the two negated he still should have had like 4 sacks lol. I’m just excited for him to piece them together, but do get frustrated when he has his shoulder in Caleb’s gut but his arms don’t wrap around, leading to an escape

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't think anyone is calling on him to replace Williams. People would like to see what he could do as the #2 over Rivers. Ronnie Rivers doesn't scare anyone. We drafted Corum in the 3rd just for him to not even get on the field yet. He was held out of the preseason for what seems like absolutely no reason.

This.

Corums talent level could add explosiveness to the offense, whereas Rivers has a place, but he’s not going to breakaway from anyone or put an extra man in the box. Williams is a beast. Nobody is looking to replace him.

TXRams86

The Infamous
We were controlling the game . Up 6-0. We decide to drop back and block their best Edge with Colby Parkinson and a chip by a RB. Terrible decision. Momentum shift. 7-6 Bears. The Bears were doing nothing until then. McVay did not call his best game. The defense is
average at best even at full strength. Very weak up the middle. Old slow corners.
The defense is the worst in the NFL currently and I don't think Williams or JJ3 make much of a difference. Defense is just absolutely terrible and a real liability. It doesn't help when the offense is one of the worst red zone offenses this year too.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
My big thing to why not get a sample of what our top picks could do in pre season. Hell the Chargers played their 1st during pre season and they look better than we do at 2-1 and beating the Chiefs right now.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Really terrible red zone offense today. Single biggest reason we lost. No Higbee, Kupp, and Nacua making a huge difference.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Here we go again taking sides with either the Offense or the Defense. Neither did well enough to win. RZ Offense wasn't good enough and neither was the Defense to start the 2nd half. We were even outplayed on teams today letting punts bounce and missing FG's.

Team loss almost always is, it's NEVER 100% on 1 facet, ever

Let's just get better, we have more than enough talent.

Last edited:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I haven’t felt this deflated about a Rams team since the stretch of Vitt/Linehan/Haslett/spags/Fisher. In all honesty we should be 0-4 right now. We have a load of excuses. Injuries, young defense, poor play calling on both sides of the ball,etc…. but at the end of the day, we just suck. The way it looks to me right now is yeah we might have a couple gritty games that we tough out and win, but that’s about it.

shake-n-bake

Rookie

The problem is not KW. The problem is McVay dedication to the run

LOURam85

Rookie
If he’s not ready to block u can’t put him on the field staff already getting killed Rivers avd about 4 yds a carry rb wasn’t the problem in the red zone they should have been used note

TXRams86

The Infamous
Really terrible red zone offense today. Single biggest reason we lost. No Higbee, Kupp, and Nacua making a huge difference.
Wouldn't it make logical sense to run the ball in the red zone given those injuries? You'd think so and we've seen good things happen when we feed Williams who was an All Pro last year. McVay is a huge red zone liability with his play calls.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Wouldn't it make logical sense to run the ball in the red zone given those injuries? You'd think so and we've seen good things happen when we feed Williams who was an All Pro last year. McVay is a huge red zone liability with his play calls.
Just my opinion TX.
I think what is most important is to keep the D off balance and take advantage situationally. I feel like we lose that rhythm at times, it isn't even about run/pass ratios as much as using the highest percentage call to facilitate success.

No question we miss Kupp, Higz, & Nacua in the RZ but we have to find our rhythm and path to success and we haven't......Yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.