We will be looking for a new OC this off season.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
I posted this on another board earlier last week. Wanted to get some thoughts on it from people here.

What Schotty has done this season has been nothing short of spectacular. The offense has preformed admirably with a lot of key pieces out with injury, or just under performing. He will get a head coaching job somewhere this off season. We will have to find a new OC, so lets look at who is available, and some that might become available.

Jason Garret - If they lose next week, he will be looking for work. Some guys just aren't meant to be head coaches. He is still a very bright offensive mind. I would be interested to see if the Rams would pursue him this off season.

Gary Kubiak - I know that some have already posted about not wanting him here, but doesn't he run the type off offense that we have been thriving with? Run first, then play action off that? Also, maybe he could help bring over Andre Johnson and even Schaub. Yes I said it, even though this post is about coaches I think Matt Schaub could be a guy we get cheap to be a solid back up and someone that could step in if Sam isn't ready early on in the season.

Joe Philbin - I think he could be a guy that gets axed if they lose this week. They have had a golden opportunity this year to make the playoffs, in a very down AFC and the weakest division maybe in the NFL. I dont know if he has any ties to Fisher, but I would bet he gets a call if there is an opening for us.

Mike Tice - I think he is available right now since being fired from the Bears. Not really sure if there would be any interest from the Rams, just throwing out some names for discussion.

Bill Callhan - (See Jason Garret ^^^) If they lose this week, there will be house cleaning in Dallas. Callahan will also be available.

Kyle Shannahan - Says he doesn't want to work under his dad anymore, maybe he would want to come work with our up and coming offense.

Scott Linehan - This would be pretty interesting, and would definitely be the most criticized move the Rams could make. He will most likely be available once Detroit fires everyone.

The Rams will have their pick of the OCs available, because it will be a sought after job IMO. There will be a lot of these coaches that would love to work with all of the young talent we have on this team. Plus high draft picks sure to be used to fill a couple more of these holes. It will be interesting to see what the Rams do this off season.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that Schotty is going to get HC job. He had interviews last year, I think he gets one this year.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I don't think he does. I think if he leaves, it's because his pops gets a job(which I don't see happening) and hires him. If we get a top 10 offense going, then I can see it. He came under far to much scrutiny IMO. If he has a solid year next year, I think he may get a chance.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I agree that if he leaves it's because he got a HC job. I have a feeling that the team will promote from within not to screw up the continuity too much. I don't think Schotty will get hired, there's too many good HC candidates out there...Lovie Smith, Leslie Frasier, heck even Schwartz. I think too many owners see the type of offense Schotty runs and thinks it doesn't jive with the today's NFL. I think there will be too many guys who think he runs a relic of an offense.

Name
JP
I don't think he does. I think if he leaves, it's because his pops gets a job(which I don't see happening) and hires him. If we get a top 10 offense going, then I can see it. He came under far to much scrutiny IMO. If he has a solid year next year, I think he may get a chance.

He wouldn't be allowed to leave to take another OC job though, he could only leave for a HC job.

What I saw this year, was that he did a very good job with an offense that had a million moving pieces. Some team will recognize that and give him a shot.

If he did leave, who do you think would be a good replacement?

Name
JP
I agree that if he leaves it's because he got a HC job. I have a feeling that the team will promote from within not to screw up the continuity too much. I don't think Schotty will get hired, there's too many good HC candidates out there...Lovie Smith, Leslie Frasier, heck even Schwartz. I think too many owners see the type of offense Schotty runs and thinks it doesn't jive with the today's NFL. I think there will be too many guys who think he runs a relic of an offense.

Never really thought of that, you might be right.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
The team has the option to allow a lateral move

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Personally don't think he is going anywhere. How would you feel about having him as your teams HC? Usually the OC's or DC's who get a HC gig are coming off a spectacular year, I wouldn't call our year that.

iced

hasnt even been mentioned as a head coaching candidate, so i doubt it

Name
JP
Personally don't think he is going anywhere. How would you feel about having him as your teams HC? Usually the OC's or DC's who get a HC gig are coming off a spectacular year, I wouldn't call our year that.

For what he had to work with, I would say he had pretty good year. Then again, I understand I like Schotty a lot more than most.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What am I missing? 30th ranked offense and he is going to get a HC gig? Is this the Schumer principle?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I posted this on another board earlier last week. Wanted to get some thoughts on it from people here.

What Schotty has done this season has been nothing short of spectacular. The offense has preformed admirably with a lot of key pieces out with injury, or just under performing. He will get a head coaching job somewhere this off season. We will have to find a new OC, so lets look at who is available, and some that might become available.

Jason Garret - If they lose next week, he will be looking for work. Some guys just aren't meant to be head coaches. He is still a very bright offensive mind. I would be interested to see if the Rams would pursue him this off season.

Gary Kubiak - I know that some have already posted about not wanting him here, but doesn't he run the type off offense that we have been thriving with? Run first, then play action off that? Also, maybe he could help bring over Andre Johnson and even Schaub. Yes I said it, even though this post is about coaches I think Matt Schaub could be a guy we get cheap to be a solid back up and someone that could step in if Sam isn't ready early on in the season.

Joe Philbin - I think he could be a guy that gets axed if they lose this week. They have had a golden opportunity this year to make the playoffs, in a very down AFC and the weakest division maybe in the NFL. I dont know if he has any ties to Fisher, but I would bet he gets a call if there is an opening for us.

Mike Tice - I think he is available right now since being fired from the Bears. Not really sure if there would be any interest from the Rams, just throwing out some names for discussion.

Bill Callhan - (See Jason Garret ^^^) If they lose this week, there will be house cleaning in Dallas. Callahan will also be available.

Kyle Shannahan - Says he doesn't want to work under his dad anymore, maybe he would want to come work with our up and coming offense.

Scott Linehan - This would be pretty interesting, and would definitely be the most criticized move the Rams could make. He will most likely be available once Detroit fires everyone.

The Rams will have their pick of the OCs available, because it will be a sought after job IMO. There will be a lot of these coaches that would love to work with all of the young talent we have on this team. Plus high draft picks sure to be used to fill a couple more of these holes. It will be interesting to see what the Rams do this off season.

The thing w/ Gary Kubiak, Shanny Jr....they don't fit Rams personal. They do that zone offense thing.

Jason Garrett/Bill Callahan...while they can fit personal I don't trust them. They get away from the running game way too much. Zac Stacy would not be as productive in the 4th as we would like to see.

Mike Tice? Nah.

Linny?! Oh lawd.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Schotty isn't going anywhere for a while. He had a hard enough time getting another OC job after the Jets ran him out of NY. He does fit what Fisher likes, so we have to live with him and hope he improves.