We will be looking for a new OC this off season.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

too bad we can't get norv...

i could see brian quick developing better as a receiver under him....and i think cook would have a bigger impact

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
too bad we can't get norv...

i could see brian quick developing better as a receiver under him....and i think cook would have a bigger impact

You would have to say that Shotty has been give many top drafted offensive players to build a good offense with along with some good UFA's the results for me have been very disappointing. The overall receiving unit has a FAIL grade attached to it.

On the flip side I do think that he is good enough & smart enough to learn from the past two seasons here to fix my disappointment. I also feel that in-spite of his less than stellar OC work Shotty has a good future in the NFL.

iced

You would have to say that Shotty has been give many top drafted offensive players to build a good offense with along with some good UFA's the results for me have been very disappointing. The overall receiving unit has a FAIL grade attached to it.

On the flip side I do think that he is good enough & smart enough to learn from the past two seasons here to fix my disappointment. I also feel that in-spite of his less than stellar OC work Shotty has a good future in the NFL.

I agree... He got a little better as the year went on; but I think the biggest crutch of his offense has been the guard play. Too many times the guard spots have been tossed like rag dolls, prior to saffold playing rg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I agree... He got a little better as the year went on; but I think the biggest crutch of his offense has been the guard play. Too many times the guard spots have been tossed like rag dolls, prior to saffold playing rg
Yes very good point iced on the OG play. Rams started four different OG's this season ....only one had any on field production. Shotty must feel the same way as we do on this. Earlier this seasons I was done with both CW & HD as starters both ex OT's both 6-6 tall just could not run block/produce holes. The other non producer OG Shelley Smith's last game was awful that did it for me! Now I got to think about this....are the non producing OG's (SW/HD/CW)really that bad that made Saffold look so good or is it the other way? I think its both They are that bad & Saffold is that great @ OG! Its about Time for some top young healthy talented infusion in this OL

jap

Legend
Yes very good point iced on the OG play. Rams started four different OG's this season ....only one had any on field production. Shotty must feel the same way as we do on this. Earlier this seasons I was done with both CW & HD as starters both ex OT's both 6-6 tall just could not run block/produce holes. The other non producer OG Shelley Smith's last game was awful that did it for me! Now I got to think about this....are the non producing OG's (SW/HD/CW)really that bad that made Saffold look so good or is it the other way? I think its both They are that bad & Saffold is that great @ OG! Its about Time for some top young healthy talented infusion in this OL

Tall guards don't normally cut it in the NFL unless they can really bend their knees and get low enough to gain leverage. Centers and offensive guards are normally the shortest OL guys due to the leverage factor. I was appalled at how Seattle's Mebane just tossed our guards around. I was so sorry we couldn't line up Rodger against him to neutralize him.