Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Animation Motion GIF by adambelis

Watson’s favorite game as an adult. The box is a towel and the hammer is some unwilling massage therapists hand.

Tano

Legend
how is choking a women until she becomes unconscious, numerous times, the same as getting a massage and your penis accidently popping out from under the towel 20 times? this mole is a hack.

Bauer though was found not guilty by a judge. So numerous times? I think that is overstated.

Bauer is definitely into some weird shit but the woman even stated that she wanted to be hurt in her text messages to Bauer.

Although I do have to agree with you that I would not compare that situation to Watsons

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
how is choking a women until she becomes unconscious, numerous times, the same as getting a massage and your penis accidently popping out from under the towel 20 times? this mole is a hack.

I thought that it was with consent in Bauer's case? What Watson did falls under non-consensual; none of these women consented to him ejaculating on them.

I don't support either of them, but there's no comparison.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Bauer though was found not guilty by a judge.
Pretty certain that is not accurate.

As I recall, the District Attorney decided not to file criminal charges.

There was a temporary restraining order that was removed when a judge ruled Bauer did not pose a threat.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I know it's "alledgedly" and I know he was cleared criminally I believe but I just don't get this case at all.

If true though criminal charges or not what does the NFL do here? If this all comes out as true how does it look for the NFL to just suspend him 6 games. One woman would and should be enough but if again (and I already prefaced with "alledgedly") this does not go his way how could you come back from this or allow him too? Suspend him for a year? This is all nuts. If this happens in the real world at you job or wherever what happens to us "normal" people?

I don't know what to think here such a fine line with the criminal and civil but regardless if civil proves true that's a lot of woman and I wouldn't know where to begin.

Any attorneys out there that could or would weigh in on this? I'm so curious.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why wait this long though??? Seems weird af to me.

According to the lawsuit, the woman changed her mind about suing Watson after watching HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" last week. On that show, two other women, Ashley Solis and Kyla Hayes, who have also accused Watson of inappropriate sexual conduct, criticized the Browns for giving the quarterback an NFL-record $230 million guaranteed contract after trading for him in March.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
What a mess this is. I still can't believe the Browns have up all that and all that guaranteed money for this shit show.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
While I'm thinking about it Lovie Smith sure is being presented a nice opportunity. Those picks the Browns gave up may include a premium (top 10) pick next year because the Brownstains will struggle at QB for 8 games at least if he's suspended. Lovie had a nice draft this year and the Texans have some talent on defense. So either next year or the year after they're probably looking at a top 10 pick.

I recall watching one of the Texans games last year and Mills definitely needed work seeing the field but he was a rook and finished the season reasonably well. Sure would be funny if he worked out for them and they use all those picks to build a powerhouse defense. Lovie is capable of that I think, just not sure what they'll be on offense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

NFL insider believes one year Deshaun Watson suspension is possible​

The Cleveland Browns and quarterback Deshaun Watson know an NFL suspension is coming after facing two dozen accusations of sexual misconduct and assault. As for the potential length of his ban, it remains one of the big questions this offseason.

Cleveland is largely prepared for a suspension. It signed backup quarterback Jacoby Brissett to provide an experienced fill-in starter when Watson is unavailable. The organization also structured Watson’s contract to protect as much of his money as possible from a suspension.

It all comes down to when the NFL makes a ruling and how long the league prevents Watson from playing, following a ruling from an arbitrator. At a minimum, many around the league think the star quarterback will receive at least a six-game ban based on recent precedent.

However, the number of accusers and the league’s desire to avoid poor optics could result in an even longer ban. While eight games is very possible, Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson explained on the You Pod to Win the Game podcast why he wouldn’t be surprised by a year-long ban.

“Personally, now, seeing how this has all gone. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s a year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets suspended one year, I wouldn’t be shocked by that at all…I think deep down the Browns are probably bracing for the worst.” ——— Charles Robinson on potential length of Deshaun Watson suspension

It would be one of the longest suspensions in NFL history, typically only used in the most extreme cases. Atlanta Falcons receiver Calvin Ridley is serving a year-long suspension for betting on NFL games. Other year-long suspensions include Donté Stallworth in 2009 (fatal DUI crash), Adam Jones in 2007 (multiple off-field incidents) and Chris Cook in 2011 (felony domestic violence).

Deshaun Watson contract: $1.035 base salary (2022), $46 million base salary (2023-’26)

A one-year ban would be the largest against an NFL player accused of sexual misconduct without ever facing criminal charges. If a neutral arbitrator rules a lengthy suspension is warranted, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could impose a suspension that serves as a statement about player conduct.

Impact of a potential year-long suspension on Deshaun Watson​

Deshaun Watson last played an NFL game on Jan. 3, 2021 against the Tennessee Titans as a member of the Houston Texans. Months after that three-touchdown performance in Week 16, he demanded a trade and then sat out the 2021 season while the Texans looked for a trade partner.

If Watson is suspended for the entire 2022 NFL season, he will have gone more than two years without taking a snap in a game. Even if the Browns played him at the start of the 2023 preseason, he will have at least gone 940 days without ever taking a single snap and nearly 1,000 days without playing in a regular-season game.

It would mean not playing until his age-28 season and while he would still be in his prime years, there would be legitimate concerns about rust after a two-year absence from the NFL. League rules would also forbid him from participating in a spring league like the USFL or XFL.

Of course, a year-long suspension would also be devastating for the Browns. After trading three first-round picks for Watson in the 2022 season, Cleveland wouldn’t be a Super Bowl contender without him this season and its roster could be worse a year from now.

Even if Watson is suspended for a full season, it’s unlikely the Browns could convince Baker Mayfield to play for them after everything that transpired in recent months.

jjab360

Legend
I dont understand how he gets suspended despite not being convicted
A company can still consider an employee's actions inappropriate conduct and grounds for suspension/termination even if there isn't enough evidence for a criminal conviction

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont understand how he gets suspended despite not being convicted
TWENTY-THREE women have complained that he sexually abused them. The NFL is getting a black eye from this, and he will be boo'd everywhere he goes, for a while at least. The NFL has to do something, and I think 1 year should be the minimum. I would bet half the fans in Cleveland wished they never signed him.