Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeeeaaah, I'm glad we traded for Stafford and not Watson.

I think a year and a half is a fair suspension. This needs to be what Spygate should've been; this is a black eye for the NFL, and this sort of disgusting behavior towards women needs to be curtailed immediately.
And the Browns thought the appropriate response was a record-setting contract.
What a shitshow of an organization.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And the Browns thought the appropriate response was a record-setting contract.
What a shitshow of an organization.
From what I have read, this is my understanding ... with a little paraphrasing.

Watson had a no-trade-clause, so Houston had to work-out a deal; and, then get Watson to approve it.

The Texans worked-out acceptable trades with the Saints, Falcons, Panthers and Browns.

Watson then started speaking with those teams, and visited at least some. He then narrowed-down his choices to Atlanta or New Orleans, telling Carolina and Cleveland ... 'You Bums are Out'.

Cleveland then said to Watson and his reps ... 'Wait a second Deshaun baby! What if we increase your already bloated contract and fully guarantee it. And, we'll make the 2022 salary a low amount, so if you are suspended for all-or-part of 2022 and lose salary, you will not lose that much $.'

Watson thought about that for a Nano-Second, and said: 'Cleveland sounds like a lovely place to play football.'

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
From what I have read, this is my understanding ... with a little paraphrasing.

Watson had a no-trade-clause, so Houston had to work-out a deal; and, then get Watson to approve it.

The Texans worked-out acceptable trades with the Saints, Falcons, Panthers and Browns.

Watson then started speaking with those teams, and visited at least some. He then narrowed-down his choices to Atlanta or New Orleans, telling Carolina and Cleveland ... 'You Bums are Out'.

Cleveland then said to Watson and his reps ... 'Wait a second Deshaun baby! What if we increase your already bloated contract and fully guarantee it. And, we'll make the 2022 salary a low amount, so if you are suspended for all-or-part of 2022 and lose salary, you will not lose that much $.'

Watson thought about that for a Nano-Second, and said: 'Cleveland sounds like a lovely place to play football.'
Yup. Had read some of the same stuff.
Absolute shitshow organization.
There's plenty of reaction out there, from Browns fans, who don't want any part of the team now.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There's plenty of reaction out there, from Browns fans, who don't want any part of the team now.
The thing is, at some point, he will play. If he throws for 350, with three TDs and runs for another TD to beat the Ravens or Steelers on a Monday Night, how many of those fans will start cheering and supporting again?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Poor Jimmy.
1654710299907.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The thing is, at some point, he will play. If he throws for 350, with three TDs and runs for another TD to beat the Ravens or Steelers on a Monday Night, how many of those fans will start cheering and supporting again?
The thing is, we actually don't know what's going to happen.

The scope of what can only be described as predatory behavior by him.. criminal charges or no.. is pretty profound.

The civil cases will matter here, imo.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The thing is, we actually don't know what's going to happen.
I agree with the basic principle that Anything is Possible. However, life experiences tell me that right-or-wrong, good-or-bad, just-or-unjust, Deshaun Watson will play again in the NFL.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I agree with the basic principle that Anything is Possible. However, life experiences tell me that right-or-wrong, good-or-bad, just-or-unjust, Deshaun Watson will play again in the NFL.
Maybe?
But look at the Bauer situation.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You know, I really feel sorry for Browns fans, and I hope this situation has a happy ending ...

Oh, wait ..

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Also expect Bauer to pitch again in the Majors.

May be awhile. May be wrong. But experience tells me it will happen.
Maybe… maybe not.
More likely Watson plays at some point.. but I think there’s a good chance it’s a longer road back than many expected.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I was Mayfield I would go through the entire camp and kick ass. No reason to stop your own development as a QB with reps and shit.

Then if the suspension goes down and they start hoping maybe I'll play for them I would offer them to tongue my nutsack.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would really like to know the whole story on Mayfield. Something just isnt right about this situation.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jesus, were the Texans complicit in all this shit? They better make sure their retainers are up to date.

View: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1534270610712449025?s=20&t=-H0-UEco5zWIkWQJJfDfww

This appears to be getting worse. This day and age, he’s going to get buried by social media.

"What has become clear is that the Houston Texans organization and their contracting 'massage therapy company' facilitated Deshaun Watson's conduct," Buzbee, the attorney for the 24 women who filed suits against Watson, said in a statement, via ESPN.

"In many of these cases, the Texans provided the opportunity for this conduct to occur. We believe the Texans organization was well aware of Watson's issues but failed to act. They knew or certainly should have known.

"We intend to make sure all involved in Watson's conduct are held accountable, in addition to, and including, Watson himself."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Relegate the Browns and Texans to college and bring up Alabama and Georgia. What a complete shit show these two teams are.