Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sickening. So Bobby Brown III gets six games for a first time PED offense, while Watson does all of this horrible crap and gets the same? What a joke. It's a sick joke, and honestly, I'd only have been fine with a year-long ban or more. Yeah, the NFLPA would object, but enough is enough; I'm sick of players in all sports get away with treating women terribly.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Wow that’s not bad for Watson at all. Wonder how the media fallout is going with this? I just seen clips of his hearing with the guy that asks him a million questions. Was pretty crazy.

All I can say dude is find and read the judge transcript. Its pretty fascinating but gives you perspective on Watson. I say it's a good read because it gives you more information than what we have really gotten at anytime during this process.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sickening. So Bobby Brown III gets six games for a first time PED offense, while Watson does all of this horrible crap and gets the same? What a joke. It's a sick joke, and honestly, I'd only have been fine with a year-long ban or more. Yeah, the NFLPA would object, but enough is enough; I'm sick of players in all sports get away with treating women terribly.
Stop trying to equate all punishments the same. The CBA dictates procedures and punishments for rule breaking. Yes obviously it should be more for violent acts like this. This is what the players agreed to with the CBA and it's their fault as much as the owners for the way it is. But you simply can't try to equate all punishments on an even surface.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Stop trying to equate all punishments the same. The CBA dictates procedures and punishments for rule breaking. Yes obviously it should be more for violent acts like this. This is what the players agreed to with the CBA and it's their fault as much as the owners for the way it is. But you simply can't try to equate all punishments on an even surface.

Believe me, I get that, but setting an example would've been huge for the NFL, for sports in general. Ironically enough, it's the NBA that has the best policies when it comes to conduct unbecoming of a member of the association. The NHL - hell, hockey in general - is even worse than the NFL, believe it or not.

I'm just sick of serial predators getting away with actions that harm others.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Believe me, I get that, but setting an example would've been huge for the NFL, for sports in general. Ironically enough, it's the NBA that has the best policies when it comes to conduct unbecoming of a member of the association. The NHL - hell, hockey in general - is even worse than the NFL, believe it or not.

I'm just sick of serial predators getting away with actions that harm others.
But you can't set an example! You follow the setup in the CBA which led to this female Judge giving a ruling. Also pay attention to what each side is saying. The NFL in fact wants more than 6 games the NFLPA says 6-8 is what they want. And can't compare sports there isn't one contract between all players unions and all sports they're all different. I get it he should get more but for the rules governing the league and the players this is the process to be followed and led us here.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Let's see if they appeal it though. They took deflated footballs to federal court if memory serves me. I am not comparing cases but rather effort and merit. While I dislike Brady was 6 or 4 absolutely necessary to go to federal court? Apparently so....so this Watson situation should definitely be appealed and let it go to federal court it has way more merit and yes I get "integrity" but this is on a larger scale so show moms dads kids women men that you are making the effort that's a good look or at least use it as bargaining chip. This can either get ugly or you agree to "blank" suspension and also seek the help you so desperately require. Make the effort here is your chance Rodger. This isn't even making an example out of him if someone plays that card as this is a lot of woman. So not condoning anything but had he forced this on 1 woman that would be different and trust me not minimizing any of this as I'm sure you can tell by my posts but then it does not show a patter or a disregard for women on a grand scale it would show he is a piece of garbage for forcing one woman and has to pay the price but that many shows blatant disregard for all woman wasn't a creepy crush a gf a friend etc shows a pattern of behavior and an abuse of power taking it as far as a sickness. Let's see wt the next 3 days holds.

Also Robert Kraft not comparable in any way besides being a dirty old man.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
So, 6 games and no fine?
Lol no 6 games and just some game cks missed maybe they add up to less than 400k. Great work by Cleveland they should be proud. They released a statement too. They support Watson .....very nice I guess if it was reversed and she was in the position of one of the women was in I wonder how supportive she would be. Her rich ass would have Watson in court and penniless but who cares about "lesser people" we will make a lot of money and restore greatness to the browns franchise.

Hope they never see a championship and I really hope opposing dudes have a target on Watson and when he gets smacked it's just with a lot more umph!!!

Turducken

Starter
Thought experiment:

If there was a WNBA star who routinely sought out good-looking masseurs, begged for happy endings during massage and then rebooked only the ones who consented; would we even care? (aside from the titillating story)

I'm guessing it wouldn’t be characterized as "sexual assault". She would be widely ridiculed (which should happen to Watson) but the whole throw-this-sexual-predator-out-of-the-league angle wouldn't come into play.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't see how people aren't going to throw dildos onto the field when he fumbles the ball. Shame if one slapped him in the face.

TexasRam

Legend
Totally with you on this. What a Fkn joke.

fearsomefour

Legend
Lol no 6 games and just some game cks missed maybe they add up to less than 400k. Great work by Cleveland they should be proud. They released a statement too. They support Watson .....very nice I guess if it was reversed and she was in the position of one of the women was in I wonder how supportive she would be. Her rich ass would have Watson in court and penniless but who cares about "lesser people" we will make a lot of money and restore greatness to the browns franchise.

Hope they never see a championship and I really hope opposing dudes have a target on Watson and when he gets smacked it's just with a lot more umph!!!
The Browns will find a way to have this situation turn all Brown for them.....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well in a way what Watson was doing was "targeting." So maybe the NFL will manage to give him a year too.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's mighty nice of the Browns to make his base pay only $690,000 this year and $46mil every year after making his fine only $333,000. Any of the other years and it would be over $16mil or $2.7 million per game. He should forfeit 6 games with of actual pay and not 6 games of base pay.

Rumor is he is paying each woman $100,000, with probably means the lawyer is the one getting a nice check.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, 6 weeks. That means there was absolutely nothing on Watson. Except only 'allegedly" by women seeking 6 figure sums after being rounded up and coached up by an ambulance chaser.

Extortion 101.