Vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This year after watching the first series of the games, on offense and defense, I have been able to predict with a 100% accuracy which games the Rams would end up losing.

An undocumented 100% success rate is quite the accomplishment. I have predicted the superbowl winner every year in pre season since 1997 with 100% accuracy.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
42-20 he’s doing something right. Plus we have an offensive coordinator his name is Kevin O‘Connell
Well it looks like the rest of the NFL is catching up to him, just like they did to Martz. O"Connell is the offense coordinator by title only, McVay is actually the one calling the plays.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I noticed that too. What was that about? I actually never saw Staley on the sideline, but I wasn’t exactly looking until the end when they kept doing this.

Anyone see Staley on the sideline?

That was so confusing.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it looks like the rest of the NFL is catching up to him, just like they did to Martz. O"Connell is the offense coordinator by title only, McVay is actually the one calling the plays.
That’s one way to look at it. To me it looks like Sean McVay has a .677 win rate and is going to make the playoffs for the 3rd time in his 4 year coaching career and possibly win his division again.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
#1 Defense got beat by the #32 Offense. Think about that for a sec.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
That’s one way to look at it. To me it looks like Sean McVay has a .677 win rate and is going to make the playoffs for the 3rd time in his 4 year coaching career and possibly win his division again.
You could make the same argument about goff. But people still want him replaced.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
#1 Defense got beat by the #32 Offense. Think about that for a sec.
The defense was also put in some bad spots. Not to mention, offense had 3 & outs constantly.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The defense is overrated. It's as simple as that.

did not look up stats to support this; the Rams defense is designed to stop passing offenses, playing mostly a hybrid nickel.

They are challenged by teams that get a lead and that are equipped to run, physical offenses, kinda like yesterday and the 9ers.

Not a good matchup for our Rams.

Come out flat and look out...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Does it seem as though he has difficulty adjusting to what the other team gives them...in game adjustments?

Most of the time his strategy is good...tactics suffer sometimes.

JRobinson

MiLB
The defense is overrated. It's as simple as that.

I think you're overreacting a touch. Their play is what has gotten us to this point primarily. They are not falsely ranked no. 1 in the league by accident. Staley was out-coached this game and call it "execution" or whatever you want, but the defense did not play to their standard. They know it, you know it, and I know it. Im not shading blame on them for this performance, but this unit is pretty solid. Thats being pragmatic.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On that note...perhaps it's been discussed somewhere else...but FOX kept showing Joe Berry and captioning it with Brandon Staley...perhaps Joe was calling the defense yesterday....that would certainly explain a lot....that and watching some dude named Rivers failing to keep contain on the edge...we need Lewis to get and STAY healthy...

that was funny. once they actually showed barry but put the name brandon staley on the screen. idiots. it's not that hard is it?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does it seem as though he has difficulty adjusting to what the other team gives them...in game adjustments?

Most of the time his strategy is good...tactics suffer sometimes.
I mean idk. What I do know is we win a lot more often than we lose with McVay at the helm. If anything I feel like more often than not the rams make adjustments at the half and play better in the second half. I don’t know that I’d necessarily say he has difficulty with it because I think games where our team is flat out out-schemed are outliers rather than the norm.

it’s almost like we forget McVay was the youngest head coach ever and still only 34 years old in his 4th season as a head coach. Which I think is a testament to how good he has been that we look at any small mistake as a monumental flaw because he has been so astoundingly good.

idk if I answered your question or not lol

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I think you're overreacting a touch. Their play is what has gotten us to this point primarily. They are not falsely ranked no. 1 in the league by accident. Staley was out-coached this game and call it "execution" or whatever you want, but the defense did not play to their standard. They know it, you know it, and I know it. Im not shading blame on them for this performance, but this unit is pretty solid. Thats being pragmatic.
I dont think so. Sam darnold and nick mullens made this d look like crap. Both are bottom tier quarterbacks and both times the defense folded when we needed a stop. No excuse for the way the d played those games. If they can't stop those two with the game on the line why would i have faith in them in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.