Vent Thread Rams vs Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That pathetic effort was more on the players than the coaching staff.

I lost count of the whiffing and lame arm tackling on D. The plays were called perfectly there many times... but the players failed at the point of attack. We had 3 or more gifted INT's that were just thrown out too.

Gurley's head was CLEARLY not in the game whatsoever. He did not want to compete in the slightest. He should be embarrassed.

Our O-line appeared to be ready for the offseason to get here. Hard to believe that they were the same players that played against the shecocks last week.

Goff couldn't hit the broadside of a barn... and when he did... half the time the receiver was so shocked that they dropped the ball.

With very few exceptions... the players looked like they have mailed it in. They're ready for the holidays and an early offseason.
So glad I didn't watch this game. The inconsistency of this team is shocking. Last year, I felt like they were never out of a game. Always had confidence that they would win it. This year, it is the opposite. Reminds me of the bad ol' Rams of a few years ago. Maybe this team is only good for a couple of good seasons every 20 years or so....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That pathetic effort was more on the players than the coaching staff.

I lost count of the whiffing and lame arm tackling on D. The plays were called perfectly there many times... but the players failed at the point of attack. We had 3 or more gifted INT's that were just thrown out too.

Gurley's head was CLEARLY not in the game whatsoever. He did not want to compete in the slightest. He should be embarrassed.

Our O-line appeared to be ready for the offseason to get here. Hard to believe that they were the same players that played against the shecocks last week.

Goff couldn't hit the broadside of a barn... and when he did... half the time the receiver was so shocked that they dropped the ball.

With very few exceptions... the players looked like they have mailed it in. They're ready for the holidays and an early offseason.

well said.

watching the ewok make 10 yards when he shouldn't have even made a couple time and time again was infuriating.

then gurley not being ready for the dumpoffs? hard to watch.

goff had plenty of opportunities to make a play but he looked like bortles out there.

i would love to know what happened before these horrible games. there's been a few this season. we'll never find out but it would be interesting to know exactly what happened to make the team perform so poorly.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I guess the thing that surprises me the most is how many times the defense has been lit up this season. Next season I would like to see them move on from Brockers, SDJ, Matthews, Weddle, and Fowler.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LOL. Laid an egg in a must-win game. It's just not our year. I didn't even watch after Goff's INT. Wasn't worth my time. For those who thought the OL was progressing, we saw today that it's still the major problem it has been all year. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking it's better than it is. And the defense is infuriating. Just doesn't show up some weeks.

I have to break the game down. Going to be tough to watch though, because The Rams really especially looking at all the cap space tied up into some players such as Goff,Gurley,&Donald.

The young offensive line I look forward to watching because there are a few nice pieces there.Where do The Rams go forSalary Cap relief ??

Tano

Legend
I told my wife after Goff's first pass when he overthrew a wide open receiver that we were in trouble.

When Goff is on, he is ON. But when he is off, he is really OFF.

I can usually tell with Goff after a couple passes if he is on or not.

Today it was the FIRST pass. He didn't come close to the receiver on the first pass and he had plenty of time. And his second and third passes just confirmed that belief.

The only really good pass that Goff threw in the first half was the Gurley TD.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The most disappointing thing even over the players performance is that what 16 hours after a loss we have more pages in the vent thread than we get in 4 days of a celebration thread.

Tano

Legend
The most disappointing thing even over the players performance is that what 16 hours after a loss we have more pages in the vent thread than we get in 4 days of a celebration thread.
Well you can only jump for joy so many times but you can vent a million times

RamWoodie

Legend
I've been a Ram fan for 42 years....guess what...

I'M STILL A RAMS FAN!!!
Though disappointed...BUT...as is said, "this too shall pass". Here's to 2020...(y):cool:

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My vent comes back to all the argument of quantity vs quality of runs, but more play calling in general. Watching the game in the first half, I knew every time the ball was going to be run as soon as the ball was snapped. I was curious whether there was anything there or if I was imagining it, so I went back and rewatched the first half - yes, I'm apparently a glutton for punishment.

Every run - Goff under center, receivers in tight to the line. No motion at the snap. Every time, right up the mdidle. Other than one play, no misdirection, all the receivers hitting up field for blocking. The other ONE time, Cooks comes crossing behind the line at the handoff. Sure, it's a small sample size, but that's what happens when you can't stay on the field. And I'm certainly not watching the second half again....the first was bad enough...

Every play action, right after the snap at least one receiver is moving horizontally.

I appreciate the impact of the other team knowing what you are going to do and them not being able to stop you. But today, both sides of the team played like crap. And when your execution is off, you can't get away with being predictable. The execution is on the team, the predictability is on McVay. Everyone needs to be better - there's plenty of blame to go around.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IS.gif

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We had to pass. Cowboys loaded up to stop the run and dared Goff to beat them. And for most of this game, he had time. When he didn't have time, he was blitzed and sometimes the D brings more than what the OL can block - it's on the QB to figure that out.

We have what, $90 million in Cooks, Gurley, Goff and Donald next year?

Gurley's poor vision is showing, along with whatever else is going on with him. Cooks is probably playing like he's playing because of the concussions - but if so, shut him down. Yes we got blown out, but if he catches that wide open first down pass when we were down 14-7, maybe we go down and score and the offense keeps us in the game a while longer. Goff is just....not close to worth the money right now.

Donald is all world but....at some point you have to ask the question: if our defense has now had three of these games where they just get destroyed (and two have come after trading Peters away), then why pay anyone on the defense that much money? Fowler has had an outstanding year but, again, if the D is going to get shredded, Saffold would have been the better option.

In hindsight, the inconsistency is easy to figure out - we got obliterated by two teams that had an advantage over us the OL and DL - the most disturbing thing about this is Aaron Donald. We can understand the OL getting eaten up by the Ravens, Cowboys, Niners, etc. But the DL with Donald should be able to handle any offensive line. And if it can't, again, why pay him? It's inevitably going to mean you end up starting marginal players next to him, which is clearly not working.

This team is fully structured to play from in front - which means that we need to do whatever - and I mean whatever - it takes to field an elite offensive line next year. Our most tradeable assets are going to be Kupp, Woods, Donald and John Johnson - option number one of course will be to cut Matthews and Weddle to free up space to sign some free agents - but elite offensive linemen don't usually hit FA. So if that fails, we need to sacrifice one or two of the guys above to field that elite OL. Because without it, Goff is a blackhole on this roster.

I'd much rather field Cooks/Reynolds/Kupp or Cooks/Reynolds/Woods with a good OL than having our elite WR group intact but continue to fail because of a mediocre to bad OL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you can only jump for joy so many times but you can vent a million times
Completely false but that response is just reinforcing what I’m saying. There’s more negativity than we used to have in entire seasons.

Tano

Legend
Completely false but that response is just reinforcing what I’m saying. There’s more negativity than we used to have in entire seasons.
Not completely false when your expectations are so high and they come shattering down to earth.

Going into the years prior to McVay, I expected to go no higher than 7-9. With McVay I have come to expect much better results. We are still 8-6 which is good but I expected better.

Just disappointed is all. And as I tell my co-workers, I vent so I don't get a heart attack.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3rd game this season of 44 or more points. FWIW, Spags had only 2 such games in his 3 seasons, Linehan as well only 2 games 44 or more. Fisher had 2 of his own, and Fassel interim coached to a 3rd in Fish’s 5th season. Wow

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3rd game this season of 44 or more points. FWIW, Spags had only 2 such games in his 3 seasons, Linehan as well only 2 games 44 or more. Fisher had 2 of his own, and Fassel interim coached to a 3rd in Fish’s 5th season. Wow

And the offense has scored 30+ over the past 3 years more times than in the entire 11 years prior. More times last year than all of Fisher. More times this year than all 3 years of Spags.

More WINS so far this year than any year under either of them. And if we get another, more wins than any Non-McVay season since 2003.

I'll take now over Fisher or Spags, thanks. I'd prefer we be better, and I'm disappointed in the performance many weeks this year. But I'm not trying to throw it away to go back to the "good old days"

Last edited:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

yeah we could have stayed at 7 and 9 and bin less negative but hard to stay positive while going back wards from super bowl to missing the play offs. although it seams like I remember plenty of negativity fishers last year.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnny Mundt only played 11 snaps...I guess Dallas didn’t want him on the field, and we obliged them.

Status
Not open for further replies.