Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
It would be cool if the f.o. had a come to Jesus with Fisher and forced a creative oc on him like they did with Vermeil back in 99. Hell, I'll settle for anything they did in 99 just for the results.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher going for 2 in the 1st quarter. Nobody will ever explain that to me satisfactorily enough to not say that cost us the game!
It's always easy to look back and say "if"... but I sure would have liked to have had that one point late in the fourth.

Bad coaching, if you ask me.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
When I see them throw to Cook on 3rd down and play call like they did, the thought also crosses my mind. Would Kronke do that? Sure. He has done many underhanded things to facilitate a move. Would Fisher? Man, I refuse to believe that. I think he truly loves this game. He doesn't need the money. It would destroy his reputation forever if it came out.

Besides, the Rams were one good Gurley run or TA breaking a single ankle tackle from winning.
I was holding my breath in the 4th quarter as Gurley was on the cusp of having another one of his Gurley moments before he was tripped up.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Are you referring to the pass over the middle where he hurt his knee landing wrong?
Yea - the same one where he had his guy beaten deep and Foles severely underthrew him and Tavon had to come back for the ball...

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That late hit was pretty bad. Joyner could have easily pulled off. That said, this is still football and that's going to happen. If the NFL is serious about player safety though, he should be suspended a game and fined.

I think he will get fined, but that was not a dirty play. I hate the slide rule, what is a "D" player supposed to do, just let the QB run and then slide? What happens when the QB needs that extra yard and he knows the "D" will let up cause he is going to slide, so he runs a couple extra yards. If they have to have the slide rule then they need to change it that if the player goes into a slide the ball is marked 5 yards back from the start of the slide. And if you slide go flat against the ground so that if the "D" player is trying to make the stop they just fly over the top of you. GET LOW if you are going to slide. They need to put the responsibility on the slider not the tackler.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If GZ hits that FG and the D gets the stop, which they did, then the FG that tied the game at the end of regulation would have been the game winner. It may not have been the call you would have made, but if the team executes the plays called Fishers strategy would have worked.
I am firmly convinced that, had that missed FG been made, Fisher would never have had any sense of urgency like he did when it was missed.

Fisher would have played for the tie.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yea - the same one where he had his guy beaten deep and Foles severely underthrew him and Tavon had to come back for the ball...

OK. I didn't see that as deep and Foles was hit, once again, on that pass. I'm almost up to rewatching the game so I'll look again. Still, TA had it in his hands.

Athos

Legend
OK. I didn't see that as deep and Foles was hit, once again, on that pass. I'm almost up to rewatching the game so I'll look again. Still, TA had it in his hands.

Foles was not hit as he threw it. He scrambled out, didn't get his feet set, and threw up a lame duck to a tiny WR who had to go full extension like a ballerina and flubbed the catch. yea. That drop pisses me off. But it wasn't an easy catch for a tiny guy with tiny hands.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone please tell me I'm wrong... but didn't Snead extend Foles contract before really seeing what he truly is?

…..

Legend
It was 12 touches and it was very successful. Just saying. Giving TA the ball is most definitely not the issue.

I said combined rushes and targets. That number is 15 and almost 25% of offensive plays. Add punt returns and that number becomes 19

My point is.....having TA as our main playmaker is the death of this offense. Thats my opinion regardless of yesterdays success.

Tavon needs to be used as a compliment to the offense, not be as THE offense. This will also increase his effectiveness over the long term and perhaps his TD's would never even decrease. As long as Tavon is THE offense, we will never be champonship claliber and I dont care how pretty you paint the picture.

I do not like this team with Tavon as a focal point and I never will. period.

Last edited:

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
When I saw they were passing to him on 3rd down I knew it would be a drop before it even got there. I can't believe they can't see him for what he is. Not good.
Even if he did catch those passes he's never passed the 1st down marker.

Name
VikingRube
Think the Rams could have won vs Vikes yesterday. I really like Girlly I was hoping the Vikings would have drafted him but we had Defensive holes too deal with... I wasnt happy with the Vikings performance but we were playing a really decent defense. I just want to say Greg Williams will forever have that label on him as a cheater like the Patriots... It was a dirty hit weather intentional or not... Joyner will get fined but thats about it. Really wish you guys would go back to the Blue and White old school Jerseys. Rams and Raiders on our schedule were games we have to win because we are about to enter a buzz saw...Packers twice Cards, and SeaChickens, Seachicks look beatable but who knows... One vs the Bears and Giants I was thinking we were going to be 9-7 this year... I might be wrong10-6 might be possible but you know I have seems this before... 6-2 then go 2-6 the rest of the way...Good luck I will post again... Donald is a beast!

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I was with you until you brought up Shady. I'll take the Gurley Man any day, thank ya!
I was just saying about these guys putting this whole game on Foles and want him replaced by back ups in just non sense. Foles doesn't have those weapons and play callers in St Louis, except Gurley. Like Cignetti and Wenkie doesn't see wants going on. If we won this game this post would have not come up. Rams got Foles on the cheap and he's freakin young yet.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I was just saying about these guys putting this whole game on Foles and want him replaced by back ups in just non sense. Foles doesn't have those weapons and play callers in St Louis, except Gurley. Like Cignetti and Wenkie doesn't see wants going on. If we won this game this post would have not come up. Rams got Foles on the cheap and he's freakin young yet.

I respect your opinion, but I'm telling you here and now, had we won yesterday I still would have voiced my opinion about how bad Nick Foles is playing football. He's just really really bad as far as NFL standards.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I respect your opinion, but I'm telling you here and now, had we won yesterday I still would have voiced my opinion about how bad Nick Foles is playing football. He's just really really bad as far as NFL standards.
Got ya, I agree he should be doing better, he's managing the game and limiting mistakes.