Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Playing too conservative in the OT. We ran that swing play too many times. Of course they are looking for it.
Seems like we ran that fly sweep every play...reminded me of a pop warner team....
The running on first down in OT...man that pissed me off....
Foles on the first play of the game...finished with him...I know, I know...but man...I'm starting to think he's a lil dense...like not the sharpest in the tool shed....
What the hell did we move Reynolds to RT? Thought Williams was the backup...Why the hell did we start Donnall? No wonder Foles is....is....
Defense let AP go all day on us....Barron isn't a LB...I think when TJ Mac is on the field he is....we missed those guys today..or yesterday...
Foles is....oh my....I'm ready to see Mannion....
I know a bunch of yall want Keenum, but I know what Keenum is too....I wanna see what Mannion is....

Any chance we can get Goff/Cook/Hackenberg?????? Not sure about Lynch yet...Cordale Jones either...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
IF they didn't think that GZ could kick an extra point against that wind then they might as well start looking for a new kicker today.

KDS73

Rookie
The read option generally involves the QB getting hit - just part of the design. This is the real reason more teams don't use it.

No argument there. I just watch Foles this year, and can't help but wonder how much of his problems last year were his own doing. I guess the fact that he looks like he's running in clown shoes when he takes off can't help either.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rams would be 4-4 with Bradford too
nope....just nope...

@Memento
you know, a couple wrs would be nice....but really...we only need a QB...and 1 stud wr to go with Quick, Britt, and Austin...

I was watching the GB game a few weeks back, and he was terrible on money downs...red zone...just horrible plays....and it looked like some of the worst rookies I ever saw at the QB position....

yesterday was just confirmation...the first play of the game...the constant wr reverse to Tavon...and his silly "kill-kill-kill" audibles into even worse plays...the late throws, and inaccuracy I'd already noticed...either he doesn't understand the WCO and doesn't know the players strengths, or he's scared....I can't be sure...he's helped lose 3 of our 4 losses...

Is Mannion a real QB? IDK, but I wanna try him first...I've seen Keenum, and while I figure he's better than Mannion or Foles, I think Mannion may be our on secret find...I'll keep the faith....Plus, we may as well position ourselves to draft Goff or Cook...if Mannion CANT play....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know about stats and all that when it comes to the line and the protection. But just using the eye test it seemed to me the protection has been better the past two games compared to before the bye. So you would think Foles would improve with the better protection. But he hasn't improved. He's got a very good back in Gurley. A guy in Austin who can do different things. That play fake to start the game worked to perfection. Yet, he didn't even attempt the throw it to a wide open Britt. You gotta think Britt was his first option with that play design. Why did he not see him? And why are his throws so off line on the rare occasion where a receiver is actually open?

I have a theory. The first 5 games he was hit hard and hit often. He's developed happy feet. He's got one eye on the pressure. So its too hard for him to go through his progressions in the limited time he has. Even if that limited time has gotten better. I think he suffered battered quarterback syndrome after the Packer game. And once you have that it ain't easy to get out of it.

That is why I think Keenum is the better option. He hasn't experienced the beating Foles took. He doesn't know any better. He'll be concerned more about making a play than the pressure. And if the protection is better, he'll be in a position to make plays. Foles head may not be where it should. Bulger was once a good quarterback. But after he got Bulgerized he was never the same.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Foles was absolutely awful. He made one good throw to Britt on a deep ball. Other than that, he was left, right, high, low. The Austin drop? Are you kidding me? Austin had his guy beat cleanly, and Austin literally had to stop and come back for the ball. Yesterday was a day we needed a QB, a leader, to step up and deliver and he failed miserably.

Yeah, not true. Seriously, unfair. Cook, 3rd down, right in his hands. Britt had 87 yards on 3 receptions, not 1. Several throws while he's being hit. 20 MPH wind.

Tavon Austin didn't have anyone beat, they forgot to cover him. He then came back AND had to jump. What does that tell you?

He also didn't throw an INT and avoided sacks and fumbles despite being chased, hit, and harassed all game. Not a good game, he made enough mistakes for criticism, but come on.

If Cook alone catches his passes that is probably a win. Has any QB taken more hits than Foles?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I waited 24 hours to settle down before making this post because I was in such a foul mood.

By no means a comprehensive list, mind you.

Exhibit A. Fisher's 2 point decision early in a tight game. We all know how that worked out.

Exhibit B. Cigs kept running Gurley into the teeth of a Viking D specifically schemed to stop him. In contrast, the Vikes used TB to make pass after pass to loosen up the Ram D that was schemed to stop AP. We know how both those strategies worked out, too.

Exhibit C. The Vikes were smothering our screen attempts. They seemed to be sitting on them. This tells me that either their coaches picked up a tell of some kind, OR our screen execution is so bad that the plays have become transparent to opposing D's. Until fixed, we might as well take the screens out of our playbook.

Exhibit D. Despite all, we still had a 5 point lead at the end of the 1st half. Yet we only scored 3 points in the 2nd half. THREE freaking points! All 3 in the closing seconds of regulation to send the game into overtime. Any doubts as to which coaching staff made the better adjustments?

Exhibit E. No Ram pressure or contain on the inexperienced TB. Yeah, I know we had starters out on D, but c'mon... TB just killed us with short passes and wide open scrambles. GW never seemed to adjust. We handled the scrambling Wilson, Rodgers, and Kaep. Why let TB get off the hook constantly?

The above are just a few of our coaching shortcomings. The player shortcomings would be another chock full post.

Honestly, it's hard for me to express the depths of my anger and disappointment. Throw in a healthy dose of frustration, despair, and a sense of futility. And I think I see some apathy lurking around the corner.

I may be approaching the end of my rope, fellas. I'm serious...
Doesn't this belong in the vent thread?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think our defense did a fair job with Bridgewater. TB didn't have an impressive game by any stretch but both QBs were struggling with accuracy in the wind. I think the biggest issues were our containment of Peterson (who is simply elite), not trusting GZ with the extra point attempt, and repetitive offensive schemes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Exhibit E. No Ram pressure or contain on the inexperienced TB. Yeah, I know we had starters out on D, but c'mon... TB just killed us with short passes and wide open scrambles. GW never seemed to adjust. We handled the scrambling Wilson, Rodgers, and Kaep. Why let TB get off the hook constantly?

This was the game changer. In a game where we were expecting 5 sacks the Dline flubbed. They fell to the hard count several times, especially Brockers and Hayes. They didn't keep Bridgewater contained and Williams never adjusted for his scrambling ways. The second half was a total headscratcher. I couldn't believe that Bridgewater was given so much room on every play. He could have done much more damage than he did. Total screw up on Williams and the D, to allow them to move the ball like that in OT.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This was the game changer. In a game where we were expecting 5 sacks the Dline flubbed. They fell to the hard count several times, especially Brockers and Hayes. They didn't keep Bridgewater contained and Williams never adjusted for his scrambling ways. The second half was a total headscratcher. I couldn't believe that Bridgewater was given so much room on every play. He could have done much more damage than he did. Total screw up on Williams and the D, to allow them to move the ball like that in OT.

You know, some of these critiques are fair up to a point, but overall, I don't have a huge problem with the defensive performance on Sunday. They still managed to hold them to two TD's on their own home field despite missing several of their best players. The penalties were frustrating, I agree.

Still, it wasn't our D that lost this game for us. It was the offense, specifically, the pass offense upon who this loss should be squarely pinned. One can make an argument the D made at least a competent effort, but nobody can say that about the pass offense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The game was tied at the end of regulation. A large number of our starters were sidelined due to injuries. We were on the Road playing in horrible wind conditions.

The game was decided in overtime by a field goal... and a huge part of the winning "stradegy" that ultimately determined the outcome was the fucking coin toss at the beginning of OT. That's were the viqueens grabbed the wind at their back and won the game.

"Out coached"... Please...

#hindsight

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Foles' best season in Philly was not under Andy Reid. Foles' only good season in this league came in Chip Kelly's first year. Last year (Kelly's 2nd season), Foles still had Maclin, Celek, Shady, and Jordan Mathews, but his numbers were very mediocre before he was injured.
Yes your right, my mistake

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
King of the Mountain.JPG

No more venting onto destroying the Bears.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The game was tied at the end of regulation. A large number of our starters were sidelined due to injuries. We were on the Road playing in horrible wind conditions.

The game was decided in overtime by a field goal... and a huge part of the winning "stradegy" that ultimately determined the outcome was the freaking coin toss at the beginning of OT. That's were the viqueens grabbed the wind at their back and won the game.

"Out coached"... Please...

#hindsight

You don't think we were out coached, Selassie? Seriously?

We took a 5 point lead into the second half, then manage only 3 points in the final minute of regulation.

And you can't concede that the Vikings staff made better adjustments?

With Foles, Britt, Austin, Gurley, and Bailey we manage only 3 damned points? Are you KIDDING me?

Zimmer and his coaching staff have OWNED Fisher and his coaching staff for the past 2 years.

And that's after spotting Fisher 19 years of HC experience! Gawd!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was just as angry as you 43. But if you are near the end of your rope after falling to a good team in overtime on the road you probably need to take a break.

What sucks is the missed opportunity to sieze a legit 5-3 record. But the season ain't over yet. I am just about at wits end with this regime myself but gonna give Fish the entire season and hope his team finishes strong.