Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tragic891

UDFA
smh
This games told us and the NFL the St.Louis Rams DO NOT want to be a playoff team
This PASSING offense is terrible and it needs changes all around
The play calling,WR/TEs,QB,OL have all been terrible all season.
This passing offense is a joke, 3rd down efficiency a joke.
St.Louis Rams are 24% on 3rd down, 24/101 ...all season.

MAJOR changes need to be made this offseason.
AFAIC every position needs a upgrade (QB,WR,TE,OC,)

TexasRam

Legend
Game summary:

Cook drops 2 3rd downs.

Tavon drops a long deep pass and potential TD.

Rams online playing with 2 reserves and 3 guys that are can't block.

Foles misses a few passes.

DT Joesph eating Barnes lunch all day long.... Living in the backfield.

Alexander replaces McDonald gives up a TD run to Bridge water.

Rams offense consists of three plays:

Sweep to tavon
Handoff to gurley with no blocking
3rd down pass to cook who drops it.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Game summary:

Cook drops 2 3rd downs.

Tavon drops a long deep pass and potential TD.

Rams online playing with 2 reserves and 3 guys that are can't block.

Foles misses a few passes.

DT Joesph eating Barnes lunch all day long.... Living in the backfield.

Alexander replaces McDonald gives up a TD run to Bridge water.

Sweep to tavon
Yep, that about sums it up

rams2050

Starter
Is Coach Fisher losing on purpose to demoralize St. Louisans and keep them away from the Dome to further Kroenke's aim of moving?

I wouldn't put anything past the Rams' powers-that-be at this point.

I hope I'm wrong, I pray I'm wrong, but I wonder if I'm right?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I've slept on it, and still... Foles had an atrocious game. Just like the Vikings planned. They stacked the box, gave Gurley nothing and told Foles to beat them.

Foles didn't even show up to hear the challenge.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Coach Fisher losing on purpose to demoralize St. Louisans and keep them away from the Dome to further Kroenke's aim of moving?

You seem to have forgotten your blue font. At least I hope you weren't serious.

MountainRam

Rookie
This morning, I was thinking, dang the rams defense may be measured in "launching" into players in next game. Cutler can carve you up if defense is not physical. I want the defense to go low on cutler a few times to tell Bears there is no backing off.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I will start this off with the 2 point attempt so early in the game. There was absolutely no reason to try it that early. Even if they got it I would not have been happy with the call. Came back at the end of the game to bite us. Despite how bad the Rams played they could have won it if not for that attempt.
I agree completely on the "2 point" opinion, BUT considering All the players we had "OUT" Quinn, Long, TJ, Saffold, Havenstein etc. etc.
And we had a rookie DE in their in his 1st game ever!!
I think we played pretty Damn well!! Except for maybe the Play Calling in OT!!

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I heard on Bernie this morning that the Rams have the worst 3rd down conversion percentage since they started keeping that stat in 1972. WORST. 1972. Wow. I'm not surprised. Last 3 weeks, what were we something like 1 for 10, 1 for 10 and 2 for 16?? Holy hell.

Foles is just not a threat. He may get one deep completion per game because his guys are facing single coverage, but that's simply not enough. Teams will stack the box and take the gamble that he won't connect on more than one. If it is longer than 3rd and 5, the only way this team is converting is via penalty.
It was evident by the playcalling yesterday that the staff has little confidence in Foles as well. I will grant you that the wind played a factor, and Foles best quarter was the second when he had it at is back, but he's looked the same way in domes as well. If he doesn't have a clean pocket or his first receiver come open, the play has no shot.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I know I was pissed yesterday but know we lost to a good Vikings team in their house. I know the Rams played poorly in all three phases of the game but some of that was due to the conditions. Once the Rams lost the coin toss everyone should have known it was going to be tough sledding seeing that we had almost no offensive output going into the wind. Play calling in OT was terrible and so was the punt coverage that cost us the game in the end. Tough loss for sure.

On a positive note, the Falcons lost which helps with trying to get a wild card spot. That and the fact that the Rams have two winnable games coming up. Losing Havenstein and having the OL reshuffled really killed our run game. If we can win these next two games the Ram will be right in the thick of the wild card chase with may more important games to play! Let not forget to give the Vikings kudos for beating the Rams, both team had injuries but this was a game marked as a tough match up so the loss, as disappointing as it is, is not surprising. Let just hope we get some of our key players back for next week and keep working towards the playoffs!

nighttrain

Legend
I know I was pissed yesterday but know we lost to a good Vikings team in their house. I know the Rams played poorly in all three phases of the game but some of that was due to the conditions. Once the Rams lost the coin toss everyone should have known it was going to be tough sledding seeing that we had almost no offensive output going into the wind. Play calling in OT was terrible and so was the punt coverage that cost us the game in the end. Tough loss for sure.

On a positive note, the Falcons lost which helps with trying to get a wild card spot. That and the fact that the Rams have two winnable games coming up. Losing Havenstein and having the OL reshuffled really killed our run game. If we can win these next two games the Ram will be right in the thick of the wild card chase with may more important games to play! Let not forget to give the Vikings kudos for beating the Rams, both team had injuries but this was a game marked as a tough match up so the loss, as disappointing as it is, is not surprising. Let just hope we get some of our key players back for next week and keep working towards the playoffs!

Have to disagree, Vikings are an average at best team , just poorly played offense for Rams. Change is needed, I'd start Case K @ QB against Bears
train

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Why can't Jared Cook use his 6'6ft frame to beat defenders or draw PI flags? He's just so useless. A 5'7 DB can get the better of him, smh

RamzFanz

Damnit
We only have Austin because we keep forcing the ball to him.

16-17 combined rushing touches and receiving targets is NOT a very good idea.

We'll never amount to jack crap if Tavon Austin is our star.

It was 12 touches and it was very successful. Just saying. Giving TA the ball is most definitely not the issue.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Why can't Jared Cook use his 6'6ft frame to beat defenders or draw PI flags? He's just so useless. A 5'7 DB can get the better of him, smh

When I saw they were passing to him on 3rd down I knew it would be a drop before it even got there. I can't believe they can't see him for what he is. Not good.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Game summary:

Sweep to tavon

I'll submit to the masses that they actually have four plays with the fourth being the double play fake on Tavon sweep/Gurley up the middle, then throw it to Cook who knocks the ball down. :thinking::headexplosion:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Foles is just not a threat. He may get one deep completion per game because his guys are facing single coverage, but that's simply not enough. Teams will stack the box and take the gamble that he won't connect on more than one. If it is longer than 3rd and 5, the only way this team is converting is via penalty.
It was evident by the playcalling yesterday that the staff has little confidence in Foles as well. I will grant you that the wind played a factor, and Foles best quarter was the second when he had it at is back, but he's looked the same way in domes as well. If he doesn't have a clean pocket or his first receiver come open, the play has no shot.

In fairness, they did drop some 3rd downs and have been all season.

RamzFanz

Damnit
When Cook dropped that 3rd down pass right in his hands for the 7,349th time this season and Kendricks was playing for awhile after that, I thought good, they have finally tired of Cook's follies.

Nope.

RamzFanz

Damnit

When I see them throw to Cook on 3rd down and play call like they did, the thought also crosses my mind. Would Kronke do that? Sure. He has done many underhanded things to facilitate a move. Would Fisher? Man, I refuse to believe that. I think he truly loves this game. He doesn't need the money. It would destroy his reputation forever if it came out.

Besides, the Rams were one good Gurley run or TA breaking a single ankle tackle from winning.