Vent Thread: Rams@Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With one final lashing of the dead horse!

ZERO sacks, and Brees with all damn day back there. Dude is the most accurate QB I've ever seen, what the hell did we think was gonna happen. Jeeeesssuuus, when are these first rounder millionaire ballers gonna show up and terrorise QB's like we need them too. This secondary has its own problems, but the pass rush is not friggin acceptable.

...Side note. I know the attention is on the defense, because it clearly sucks, but I was disappointed with the use of Gurley in the passing game. 6 catches for 11 yards??? Thats such an odd stat line. We've gotta get better use out of the guy in an area of the game where he can devastate a defense. Get that ball to the man with a little wiggle room.

Rant/moaning done until the next loss, which is hopefully next pre-season :ROFLMAO:

JRobinson

MiLB
Its been nothing short of amazing for me to not have experienced the "Vent Thread" in quite some time. But, I don't want to be impulsive and irrational before I really re-watch the game and look at it a bit deeper. If anyone hates loosing, Its me, its you guys, and our boys that go out there and lay it all on the line every weekend. Tough to come back from 21, on the road, and against a very good offense with a good OLine. Ill probably end up doing the "venting" on our Podcast.. Much love boys, Goodnight.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Need to entertain starting #23 and moving Peters to nickel or dime corner.

yeah move him to slote and have him blitz 50% of the time and have a safety cover his man. the other 50% drop him into a zone in the middle and blitz a line backer. just keep him out of coverage

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that bad spot killed me. that it was confirmed by video made it worse. how can the nfl allow this? will there be consequences for this horrible call?

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller

that bad spot killed me. that it was confirmed by video made it worse. how can the nfl allow this? will there be consequences for this horrible call?

Yeah it definitely took the wind out of our sails and flipped the momentum.

It was very similar to the Adam Thielen fumble before the half when the Saints played the Vikings.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Can't be mad. The team been playing with fire the last few weeks and it finally came back to bite em.

I hope they REALLY do correct some of these mistakes... Because they keep doing the same shit over and over week in and out.

Defense don't wake up til the 2nd half. Peters playing like trash. And McVay kinda iffy with some of the playcalling.

Need to see some fire out of these guys. The loss is probably a blessing in disguise. Will force guys to look in the mirror and re-focus.

Like I said in the game thread. A few years ago, we all would have KILLED for 8 wins (on the year) We have 8 after just 9 weeks. That's insane.

RamWoodie

Legend
Rams Baby!!! They let one get away. Neither QB was sacked so don't blame the DLine...give the Saints some credit there.

Here ended the lesson 45-35...LEARN AND PRESS ON!!!

Now..I'm gonna go watch a few Wagon Train reruns. I really like the old Westerns. Use to watch Wagon Train with my dad as a kid...(y)

Tano

Legend
I felt like when we blitzed NO really didn't do much. Yet when we only had 4 guys rush, Brees had all day except for a couple AD rushes and one or two Fowler rushes. That 3rd and 10 play though where we had 4 guys only passively rush the passer and give Brees all day to throw was a terrible play call imo. We should have sent the house on that play.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I love my team but for gosh sakes, burn those FUCKING BLUE PANTS!

Nothing but bad news....:fuelfire:

Now I’m back outta here! The Vent Thread raises my BP.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
one thing I did want to vent about and forgot about, what the hell is wrong with Joyner? really? He is such a instinctive player. He's not the fastest or strongest player but he can diagnose and put himself in great position. This season has been a 180 degree turn. Not in the right place, missing tackles. The drop in level of play from this guy is incredible. Really difficult to watch him right now.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
one thing I did want to vent about and forgot about, what the hell is wrong with Joyner? really? He is such a instinctive player. He's not the fastest or strongest player but he can diagnose and put himself in great position. This season has been a 180 degree turn. Not in the right place, missing tackles. The drop in level of play from this guy is incredible. Really difficult to watch him right now.

Both safeties were invisible today . If the front 4 doesn't get pressure, the rest get exposed . Poor tackling all around today . Back to work

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Both safeties were invisible today . If the front 4 doesn't get pressure, the rest get exposed . Poor tackling all around today . Back to work
yes today, but Joyner has been bad or below average all season. At least Peters played at least 2 good games, can you honestly say Joyner has looked good in any game? Johnson has also played at a very high level a couple of games too. Just wondering what's wrong with Joyner

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
As much abuse as peters is getting and deservedly so Joyner needs just as much if not more he has been awful at a job that is not as grueling as corner and just plain seems to be always out of place, a step behind, or blowing tackles he has been awful and I hope we put his 11.75 million to good use like I mentioned in the other thread peters was able to jump routes ball hawk etc on KC cause Eric berry was helping supporting covering areas for him...Chiefs probably saw once berry went down peters was getting beat lik a rented mule and ditched him before teams caught on.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams Baby!!! They let one get away. Neither QB was sacked so don't blame the DLine...give the Saints some credit there.

Here ended the lesson 45-35...LEARN AND PRESS ON!!!

Now..I'm gonna go watch a few Wagon Train reruns. I really like the old Westerns. Use to watch Wagon Train with my dad as a kid...(y)
I love Gunsmoke and recently saw one with a young Jon Voight as the main character. Old time T.V. for me tonight too sounds great. Used to watch Gunsmoke and the Rifleman with my Grandpa, it's like some sort of comfort food for the soul.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I've been on the refs for the lack of holding calls against Aaron Donald but I'm not going to claim that it cost us the game. Bree's actually made some nifty moves to avoid AD and a few possible sacks. But It just makes me shake my head when we have replay and the refs still get the call wrong.

I believe the Rams needed to kick the FG to take the lead after we recovered the fumble but I also don't fault McVay for being aggressive and trying the fake. I saw that replay numerous times and it looks clear that Hekker reached out that ball just past the the line to make. Anyone remember the refs replaying a call in the Cleveland Oakland game to move the ball back 6 inches and cost Cleveland a chance to win the game? IMO, this was similar. If t hey cab legislate inches, then Hekker made that first down.

Okay, despite that, I was proud of how Goff and the Rams fought back to tie the game. Despite the Saints constant holding our receivers, the one call I was screaming at went almost unnoticed even though I saw it right away and of course the Refs did not. With about 4 minutes left in the game and the Rams down 38-35, on 3rd down, Goff checked down to Cooper Kupp who got tackled after a gain of about 4 yards. We punt and the Saints scored a TD and sealed our fate for the day.

On the third down play with Cooper Kupp, he was grabbed by the facemask, woth a ref right there and no call. If the refs made the proper call, we have 1st and 10 from near our own 40 yard line with about 3 and a half minutes left. (I have DVR so I could replay that play numerous time) and even without the slow motion replay I saw the facemask. The refs just amaze me.

Now I"m not saying we lost the game because of the refs, but we certainly lost an opportunity because that lack of a call cost us a possession.

Then I watch the Patriots game the the same stuff that the Packers were allowed todo to the Rams receivers, were flagged in favor of the Patriots.

It's the inconsistency of the officiating that ticks me off. If it's a foul when a Packer is grabbing a Patriot receiver, why isn't it also a foul when Brandon Cooks is getting his jersey torn off?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wrote nothing offensive and it gets locked ? Who likes censorship ?
Seriously? Your redundant, vent of a thread got merged. Get over it.

Peters is garbage
So now... even in a vent thread, this is the kind of stuff that is unworthy of posting - period. Read the Terms and Conditions. Then.... find a better way to say what you see and feel. Even if it's "Peters' PLAY is garbage." It may seem like I'm being overly sensitive or.... Ah hell - I don't give a damn. Don't use derogatory terms toward current members of the Rams organization or fellow members and you are generally good. It's really a pretty simple concept.

The NFL is turning into college football.
Except college has better refs and a better system for accountability on calls. In that respect, I wish the NFL was turning toward college football.

well, the wife and I can finally wash our game day jerseys !!
You too eh? I have worn the same shirt combo for the last four games. Guess I'll have to wash it now.

Some fightback. Showed me a lot because I was in despair at HT. We are still legit.

Need Talib back in the worst way. It was like playing D with 10 men. The worst individual performance I can remember ever seeing.

If we are gonna go 14-2 like I suspect we need the Saints to lose a couple. Can't afford to go back there in January. They have a tough schedule so it is impossible.

Outside of one or two throws Goff was incredible. Everyone else on O was as we knew, still outstanding. I like what Fowler did today. Think he will be worth the picks.

We can beat anyone. We can win it all.
Now how is THAT a vent? ;)

All I can really say is that I love our Rams more than ever right now I'm very proud of the way they fought back and next time we Face these guys we will be the ones eating the jambalaya I'm going to wear my Rams colors with a lot of love and pride tomorrow at work
Again - not really a vent but I love it and feel the same. GO RAMS!!!

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Going to say it.

I hate this defense. Mcvay has done wonders on offense. No issues though they can still be better. This defense hasn’t been as advertised under Phillips. Not sure why.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Going to say it.

I hate this defense. Mcvay has done wonders on offense. No issues though they can still be better. This defense hasn’t been as advertised under Phillips. Not sure why.

I'm going to say it. Because the refs decided not to call holding on the offense anymore.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That 3 and out was a back breaker.

Agreed. Hate to pick on Goff because he played a great game but 2 abysmal series to finish up. Tie game and he missed Woods horribly on the opening play of the drive. Then that decision to air mail one up to Cooks on 3rd and 2 had me scratching my head. He’s still learning though but he needs to start making those crunch time plays if he wants to achieve Manning/Brady heights.

Two games in a row where Jared had the script ready to go, where he would lead the Rams' offense for that go-ahead TD and start piling up his "HoF QB Signature Wins" but he wasn't ready. Mentioned this after the GB game, and this one was similar on that possession. No matter how good you play to get the team back, once you're there and have a chance to go up with a big drive and instead 3 'n out... Well, you ain't ready yet.

When the Rams did that the game was over. IMO. But it's cool, our QB has a long way to go and plenty of good days ahead. And oh by the way, this is a vent thread sooooo.....

giphy.gif

Ram77

Rookie
Just one question
Was our team defense better Last year?
I don’t recall a game where our defense was this inept last year and maybe even during the Fisher years. Although I do remember getting a lot of inconsistent results with Fisher/Gregg Williams defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.