Vent Thread: Rams@Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMBUSH

Starter
After many many years of being a rams fan i cant find anything to vent about ... 8-1 baby.... go rams...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This probably deserves it's own thread...

Joyner is the weakest link

this is how i feel he's been manning the backfield this season.

tenor.gif

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I cant vent too much... its all been said.

I guess what bothers me most is seeing so much regression on our entire secondary.

All of our DBs are playing the worst ball of their careers.

Fowler might be lethal on this front though.

TexasRam

Legend
Marcus Peters looking like a giant bust at the moment...

No sugar coating that 9 games in.

You win some and lose some. No Problem. The Great Coaches admit it and cut bait. The loser coaches stay loyal to the busts.

Not For Long league.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not much to vent about really. We got beat by a good team lead by a HOF QB in their house. And the whole time we kept punching them in the face. I can live with that. Go Rams!

RamzFanz

Damnit
This was a very hard game to watch.

I felt this coming and perhaps overdue. Rams aren't perfect and their weaknesses are now a glaring reality for the team to address.

Better to learn these lessons now than in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've finally admitted to myself that 16-0 was unlikely .Another thing I've come to realize is that our defense plays so uninspiring in the first half. They only gave up 10 in the second half . Why can't they play like that for a whole game? It's frustrating watching them get beat on only to play with some urgency in the second half of the game .

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've finally admitted to myself that 16-0 was unlikely .Another thing I've come to realize is that our defense plays so uninspiring in the first half. They only gave up 10 in the second half . Why can't they play like that for a whole game? It's frustrating watching them get beat on only to play with some urgency in the second half of the game .

Yeah.

It's a bit bizarre. They seem to consistently adjust after the first half and play good ball. It's almost like the only film they have on a team is from the first half of the game.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah.

It's a bit bizarre. They seem to consistently adjust after the first half and play good ball. It's almost like the only film they have on a team is from the first half of the game.
Agreed . Like they just wing it until the second half and then the urgency and adjustments are flawless .The same saints team that hung 35 on us in the first half only managed 10 in the second.

Ellard80

Legend
You win some and lose some. No Problem. The Great Coaches admit it and cut bait. The loser coaches stay loyal to the busts.

Not For Long league.

Yeah if this continues he will hit the bench - too giant a liability out there at the moment.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
Our defense just didn't have it today, maybe a little worn down after this grueling road stretch.
Couldn't get off the field on third down and not enough pressure on Brees.

But we won't lose twice to theses guys this year

dude they have not had it EVERYTIME they have faced an elite quarterback.:rolllaugh: every single time we face an elite one.the game comes down to the wire,we were lucky to pull the other ones off and were VERY lucky last week when the packers kickoff returner fumbled the ball which preserved our victory for us.our luck finally ran out on us. I been saying all along the rams recipe to go to the superbowl having an excellent offense but terrible defense is not a good recipe. just ask dan marino of the dolphins,he knows too well.he could never get to the superbowl since his defenses always gave up as much as they scored.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know a lot of us are still happy about 8-1. No one really expected an undefeated season. That was the media that kept bringing that up. As much as I like the way the season has played out, I'm really concerned about the defense. If they can't do something about their deficiencies can we call them a legit Superbowl team?

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
F*cking Dolphins!
When the Dolphins had their perfect season, the NFL was just about the game. Now with their narrative and parity policing, with the help of the refs, it's just not the same NFL anymore. You would have to have a team so much better than the rest of the league to go undefeated, or be the Patriots, to have a chance at a perfect season. If you are undefeated and have a close game, the refs will do almost anything to help the opponents (e.g. Hekkers 1st down BS spot). I'm done with the NFL (even if the Rams win the SB this year). And it makes me sad, now that the Rams finally have a competitive team again. I'm going to follow the league the rest of this season, but I won't be renewing Game Pass or getting Sunday Ticket after this season. I won't be going out of my way to make sure I can watch every Rams game. Old habits die hard, so I will likely still follow the Rams while I find other activities to do to take up my free time. It could change, but the NFL needs to fix their blatant BS. If they get rid of Goodell and actually fixed the incompetent and narrative-fixing officiating, then maybe I could be a fan again. But if they aren't going to fix their league, then I'm not going to follow it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed . Like they just wing it until the second half and then the urgency and adjustments are flawless .The same saints team that hung 35 on us in the first half only managed 10 in the second.
Boy, I didn't see that (flawless adjustments). I saw Brees come down to earth a little bit.

But I wasn't too impressed with the defensive effort in the second half as well.

No sacks? Very little pressure? Poor coverage... no double team on Thomas? No Safety help?

I'm damned glad to be 8-1... but what I've seen of the defense the past two games... against really good QBs has me concerned... especially for the playoffs.

Love that offense! I was fine with the fake punt... looked like he made it to me. Saw a few plays this weekend that I'd like the Rams to consider:
* An oldie but a goodie... keep the TE in to block... I mean really get buried, then release
* Try a Flea Flicker - this offense could probably run it to perfection!

Rams remain one of - if not the - best team(s) in the NFL. But they must address the defense. It's good enough to beat mediocre offense with average QBs... but not good enough to beat high scoring offense with really good QBs.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Go ahead...pop the champagne '72 Dolphins.
The whole routine by the '72 Dolphins is getting kind of pathetic.

I could see doing it at the end of the year but doing it every year once a team is not undefeated?
Lame.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There was 1 penalty called against the aints yesterday on the field of play. 1 fucking flag when Woods was tackled in the endzone (defensive holding)... the flag was thrown WAY LATE though.

I'm not going to count the penalty for the stupid cell phone celebration that was called... the aints had already agreed amongst themselves to do that shit.

So you're telling me that the aints basically played a fucking perfect game against our bois. We all know that is complete bullshit. Just like last week vs the cheese farts... I think they were only called for 1 or none.

Just get rid of the refs... they aren't calling the game by the rules anyway. Just let the players do whatever the fuck they want to on the field of play. Who needs rules?

That's the end of my vent...

Except that I'd like to tell the refs and Asshole Face to Fuck Off.

Now I'm done.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I know a lot of us are still happy about 8-1. No one really expected an undefeated season. That was the media that kept bringing that up. As much as I like the way the season has played out, I'm really concerned about the defense. If they can't do something about their deficiencies can we call them a legit Superbowl team?

Talib coming back is going to help more then people think IMO.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just get rid of the refs... they aren't calling the game by the rules anyway. Just let the players do whatever the freak they want to on the field of play. Who needs rules?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.